• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Metalmarc

The update seems to be freezing my PS3 or something. I select update and the screen goes dark without doing anything else. The PS3 HDD lamp still blinks every once in a while, but no matter how long I press the power button, nothing happens :S

Happened to me as well, couldn't power it off with the switch on the front, so had to pull the lead out. Then restarted, deleted the patch for thesecond time, in game utility (not save data, don't touch that) and repatch it again. And it worked.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So i've seen people commenting on the auto lockon and stuff in multiplayer - I've been in quite a few different games now (lots of missions and stuff and hours of free roam) and everytime I'm in a mission and think "oh fuck this i'll go turn free aim off and cheat..." it's always greyed out and locked to free aim. I assume this means it's locked like this for everyone... am I completely wrong and i need to go change it before i'm in a mission or something?

It's the only thing kind of confusing me about online right now. Everything else is fucking butter. Loving it. Would love to get in on that 3rd GAF crew: Silkysm00th - PS3

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Not working for me tonight. I can do solo sessions but everytime I go to join it times out.

I'm not going to keep dicking around and end up losing my character.

I found an Infernus!

Sadly I couldn't keep it

0_0.jpg

neoxdonut

Anyone else just getting this message: "The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now. Please try again later"

I've been trying to join some friends on the 360 for about an hour now and I can't join anything else either.

Pyrogeek

Anyone else just getting this message: "The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now. Please try again later"

I've been trying to join some friends on the 360 for about an hour now and I can't join anything else either.

Title update pending, maybe?

Yerolo

I give up...turning off the xbox before I throw it, the game inside it and the controller out the window.

This shit is broken

Doesn't help that I'm watching Invisible Walls (Gametrailers video podcast) and they're gushing about the online. I kinda blocked off any media about GTA Online, but now that I know how much content is in here, I'm super pissed this has been down so long. I haven't connected once!

Stealing from Reddit in case it hasn't been mentioned.

You can buy snacks and use them to heal yourself during missions. Health packs essentially. Use them while in cover and you heal instantly. Otherwise it is over time.

I plan on trying this when I login. I never bought food in SP..so know idea how to use it lol.

Dmax3901

Any Australian Gaffers wanna share their experiences? I've had a couple of fun sessions but the mic quality is so shit after playing Dota and other PC games I can barely understand what people are saying, that is if they're speaking English.

Really had a blast playing tonight, but some stuff does need to be tweaked.
You shouldn't lose ~10% of your cash whenever you die in freeroam, either. I think it'd be fine to lose 10% of your cash on hand... but not 10% of your overall money, that's just excessive and too harsh of a penalty.

If you die in free roam, by cops or others, I think it should be reasonable to lose 10% of your non-deposited cash. So, if you're carrying around $20,000, sure, you'll lose $2,000... with the lesson being: don't carry around $20,000. I made about $20k, but because of some free roam shenanigans and falling off of mount chiliad twice, I lose about $4k at the end. And when it takes a *long* time to make that $4k back... eh.

I give up...turning off the xbox before I throw it, the game inside it and the controller out the window.

This shit is broken

I hear you. R* deserves a large portion of the blame for releasing a shitty product but MS, who we pay $60 a year for Live can't even get the patch out on time? And the hilarious part is that I bought the 360 version so I could play with my friends. Lol joke's on me I guess.

DukeBobby

Any Australian Gaffers wanna share their experiences? I've had a couple of fun sessions but the mic quality is so shit after playing Dota and other PC games I can barely understand what people are saying, that is if they're speaking English.

All I ever heard was guttural sounds, as if someone was puking out their intestines or something.

Derrick01

Banned

You can buy snacks and use them to heal yourself during missions. Health packs essentially. Use them while in cover and you heal instantly. Otherwise it is over time.

I plan on trying this when I login. I never bought food in SP..so know idea how to use it lol.

There's no inventory in SP so you just eat them right there, but they refill your health instantly no matter what in SP.

How do you use them?

That is another player that is initiated an impromptu race. Typically it is someone trying to bait you in to coming for the race before the cancel and try to murder you... you have been warned.

Weird, I saw one of them just in the middle of the map with no other player around.

shield

When your car is impounded online how long does it take before it's destroyed? I just found out one of my cars was impounded while I was around Fort Zancudo and drove straight down to Los Santos and it's not there, it hasn't been destroyed has it?

rouken

got through a session of the game. laggy as hell, want to start a job with others but all they want to do is kill each other. lol

Gaz_RB

This is the best multiplayer experience I've had in a long time... Loving every second of it.

Also someone asked me where I was getting 14k races.

More racers= more money

Find people who bet

Sorry whichever gaf crewmember I accidently pistol whipped when robbing a store, had the heli ready and everything lol

It wasn't me but thanks for saving my ass earlier with that heli!

robertoci

This is the best multiplayer experience I've had in a long time... Loving every second of it.

Also someone asked me where I was getting 14k races.

More racers= more money

Find people who bet

It wasn't me but thanks for saving my ass earlier with that heli!

Haha no problem, just glad I found a place that stores helicopters :)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
hahaha, well, i mean besides that. i'm so broke right now and have no idea what to do fix that.

Hold up a real life convenience store and spend that money on $20 PSN/XBL cards to spend on fake money?

There's some real douches playing this game. I was trying to do the intro missions last night and some dude with an assault rifle was camping the area and just kept killing me. Even passive mode wasn't working.

Not to mention I got kicked out of 2 lobbies while trying to complete the intro, no idea why.

Rockstar need to fix that.

Top Bottom