• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yeah I think I'm gonna pass on GTAO for a while. It's just not that fun and the quality is quite uneven when it works. Also playing with randoms sucks major. I really don't want to play with a bunch of screaming man babies.

iddqd

Is there a GAF 360 crew that has still some space open? I'm a nice guy that is shitty with helicopters but amazing at running into traffic!

NeoGiff

So, am I right in taking this as confirmation that my character has been wiped? Spent hours today leveling up. I'm a PS3 user, my character was made before the patch, yet earlier he was still available after I installed the patch.

No stats or time logging information on the Social Club for him, yet my race times/wins etc. are there. What the hell, R*?

EnKNZHs.jpg

eival

one thing i guess i cant be upset about is that when i first bought my garage the game didnt charge me, it screwed up, but still that was just 25k, vs almost 70k with trade in value for the 80k apartment, so its not just the servers which have issues, its the Online mode in general having various bugs.

another i just found is that the trains clip eachother on various areas of the track causing you to get knocked off and the front engine disapears but the cars go very slowly thru it, you can see them clipping thru, but another set of cars are just stationary.

then after a few mintues another moving train will come along but soon after (maybe 5 minutes real time) it'll collide with another stationary train.

but a side note, you dont actually earn XP killing cops like we could in RDR, so theres litterally no point in even trying to cause trouble, idk why they got rid of that, my most fun in RDR was just killing waves of cops, maybe the acutal "survivor" mode is similar, havent unlocked it yet, if its even 1 player, probably 2+ manditory

Gaz_RB

but a side note, you dont actually earn XP killing cops like we could in RDR, so theres litterally no point in even trying to cause trouble, idk why they got rid of that, my most fun in RDR was just killing waves of cops, maybe the acutal "survivor" mode is similar, havent unlocked it yet, if its even 1 player, probably 2+ manditory

Nah, you can play it solo. XP for every kill. Pretty hard though

Reading that list makes me wonder why this was even released. Fixed an issue where apartments and cash disappeared???? Lol, OK.

Also, I checked the list of missions and races etc... Didn't they say there were gonna be around 500 missions??? There looks to be about 100.

There's a list?

eival

Nah, you can play it solo. XP for every kill. Pretty hard though

i was shooting cops but didnt see anything, are you refering to after you lose the wanted level?

also, i just checked the new social club online section

> You can get a free 2 car garage just for signing up to Social Club.

maybe thats why it didnt charge me, still pissed about the 60k tho!

oh wow, also

> Using disguises will help you lose the Cops. You can equip different accessories in the Inventory within the Interaction Menu before committing a crime – then, while your Wanted Level is flashing, you can instantly lose a star by removing or changing your accessories.

i wonder if that means if you buy a bunch of masks, each one could change that

> Hold Up any of the stores marked on the Radar. If you wear a mask you can avoid being recognised on return visits.

i dont think that works cause ive worn them before but the stars keep going up, unless i have to wear a different mask

Gaz_RB

i was shooting cops but didnt see anything, are you refering to after you lose the wanted level?

Sorry, I was talking about Survival mode

So... SnapMatic is finally working for me, here's "Methany".
0_0.jpg

They need to implement play based prostitution... Because Methany's work is all for her next high and she'll do anything to get it. Character's age is 26 BTW.

Unfortunately for Methany I have to delete her because while I wanted to sell a vehicle after LS Customs opened up from Simeon's call I thought the option would come up and you wouldn't be required to do the insurance and tracker thing right then and would've been able to choose when to do it because while a Mammoth Patriot or whatever it's called now is a pretty sweet ride it's definitely not what I wanted to use for this character's starting vehicle. So I quit the game while in LS Customs so I wouldn't have to go through with it, well now all the shops are locked and Methany is stuck in a spot that's from before I got the vehicle and can't progress, also back to the default clothes so I assume it was before I went to the clothing store but the clothing store marker is also gone.

Eh, wasn't going to keep this character anyway.

It's hilarious hearing everyone use their mics for the over the counter robberies. Every ten minutes I hear "Put the money in the fucking bag!" from someone with a non-threatening voice.
Strip club is even better. Don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when I heard what appeared to be a 9 year old saying "ooh baby shake that ass" in the VIP section lol

Wish we could work at the Strip Club. They've already done the mechanics before with dancing mini-games.

I hope people can't hear me... Of course most of what I say is either gibberish or half bored rambling or whistling since what you say doesn't matter. How close do you have to be to hear people there? I haven't heard anyone at the strip club or committing a robbery. I have heard people outside the buildings making me wish for a push to talk requirement though I changed my settings now so it's not a big deal still don't need to hear someone being yelled at about needing to walk the dog. Thankfully my mic has a chat volume control besides the in game options

Survival can be played alone so it's probably 1-4 players.

The fact that I have to go through all those credits to find out for the umpteenth time that the fucker does not work. Mother of Fuckers!!! Finally finish the tutorial race only to have it lock up. Father of Fuckers. To have this all happen while in a party and hearing your friends laughing it up robbing a bank together. FUCK YOU!!!!!

Hope it works tomorrow. =)

terrible

Banned
So... SnapMatic is finally working for me, here's "Methany".
0_0.jpg

They need to implement play based prostitution... Because Methany's work is all for her next high and she'll do anything to get it. Character's age is 26 BTW.

The picture with that backstory.. perfect. I got a good laugh from that, thanks.

Sylent01

Has anyone discerned the common denominator in the game losing our characters? I'm to the point where I really don't want to start over. Is it how you log off the system? Or is it completely random?

Are you sure? I thought the only free garages you get were the four car story mode ones for Micheal, Franklin and Trevor.

Tried again to start that first race, but quit out after an eternity of waiting.

So much for the thought of GTAO being ready for prime time by the weekend.

Lima

What do you recommend to level up faster?

Still only level 12, haven't done too much though.

Mission "Blow Up" from Simeon.

Play it on hard and use grenades to blow up the cars while sitting in your car. Hide under the bridge or call Lester to get rid of the cops. That is what I used mostly.

Seeing how you are only level 12, play Violent Duct over and over with someone you know.

eival

>Passive Mode only works while on foot; when you are in a vehicle you can still be shot.

what a load of B.S. you can still be run over and get damage from explosions and any falling or collision damage from the blast

Lima

>Passive Mode only works while on foot; when you are in a vehicle you can still be shot.

what a load of B.S. you can still be run over and get damage from explosions and any falling or collision damage from the blast

Stop playing this with random people. Why are you even doing this?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
REALLY FUCKING GLAD TO SEE THE CHARACTER I WAS USING JUST AN HOUR AGO WAS ERASED FOR NO REASON.

eival

jesus it just hanged on the black loading screen accessing my frigen garage and now i have to sign out/in, even tho i JUST saw the yellow circle, i bet something else will be gone now (YUP, now i got the bounty on me again which just ended prior, and im back to my previous rank and the jobs arent availible again) whats the point of the yellow saving icon if its not actually saving your current progress at that point?

cloud computing, the wave of the future!

Robot Pants

Rockstar really has to fix this glitch with the cellphone. It affects both my SP and MP game.

I CANT USE THE INTERNET IN THIS GAME.
AT ALL.
WTF IS THIS SHIT FUCKING FIX IT

Robot Pants

1st I've heard this, what's the issue?

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...lecting-Internet-from-the-cell-phone-in-GTA-V

http://gtaforums.com/topic/604162-cell-phone-internet-glitch-after-the-minor-turbulence-mission/

Basically when you go to use the internet on your phone (or laptop) the home page will load for a second then disappear and so does your hud. Then none of the buttons on your phone will work when you pull it back up. Can't switch characters, can't play any activites or buy anything because the D-PAD prompt doesn't come up.

You basically have to reload the game to get that all back.

Lotta fun.

Rembrandt

Banned
I'll be on for a few if anybody wants to do some missions or hold up some stores.

PSN: KingRembrandt

I'm glad the matchmaking is fixed. I'm getting more people in missions now.

Omni

Driving physics are sooo frustratingly outdated. It's like I'm playing an original Xbox game at times. Didn't really notice it in single player, but online... It annoys me to no end hitting a slight rock or wall and being propelled into the air and off to the side.

eival

lol i keep getting bounties put on me, idk if this is some glitch.

cant even be happy about bugs that appear to help me cause the ones that hurt are massive(losing apartment+cash) and doesnt even out

the radio selection on spotify based on the soulwax fm tracks is some how making this experience more tolerable tho

bryanee

lol i keep getting bounties put on me, idk if this is some glitch.

cant even be happy about bugs that appear to help me cause the ones that hurt are massive(losing apartment+cash) and doesnt even out

Are you stealing lots of cars?

Top Bottom