• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
No there is no party system which is a tragedy for any online game in 2013.

Yep, it really sucks. I had an absolute riot with some guys in the crew earlier and once the mission was over poof gone. In order to stay with the group you are with you have to keep voting mission.

That's pretty dumb.

Pennybags

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/4404/htbVTKwue0ymJQ3bqZZanA/0_0.jpg[img]

So my friend caught my car and dropped me off at the highest skyscraper... against my will.[/QUOTE]

I love to do this, except the last time, I dropped my friend from full altitude. He quickly found out this wasn't Just Cause 2.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know why I can't do a "Send game invite"? It says (disabled).

That normally means either you or the person you are trying to invite hasn't done the tutorial. However I have noticed it has done it a few times while the cloud servers are down.

Mr. F

Banned
Trying to join Cypress Flats LTS job for Gerald since there was nobody in my free roam session, loading forever.

kris.

Banned
oh cloud is down? that's why i'm stuck in a loading screen? so i'm about to lose my character again. son of a bitch.

Couple of quick questions:

How do I play GTAO solo? People keep randomly entering and leaving the open world. I just want to enjoy it solo and grind out some stuff.

Do I have to have an apartment to change clothes? I rolled my character with a jacket and really want to ditch it. I even bought a "No Jacket" for $40 from the store but no luck.

kris.

Banned

How do I play GTAO solo? People keep randomly entering and leaving the open world. I just want to enjoy it solo and grind out some stuff.

Do I have to have an apartment to change clothes? I rolled my character with a jacket and really want to ditch it. I even bought a "No Jacket" for $40 from the store but no luck.

I too would like to know this.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I would say, from GTAV, go to online, select GTAO, then at the bottom, should say "Solo"

But who knows if that works or not :lol

From single player: Press start and go to the online tab and click on "Play GTA Online" then you should see solo near the bottom of the list of options.

No, you can change your clothes in any clothes store (for free if you already own stuff)

SlickVic

The world sure feels a lot emptier online. Lot less NPC's and traffic on the road. Not sure if that's part of reducing some stress on their servers or that's what its going to be.

cdkee

Banned
So I was waiting at the tutorial race...then somehow I got control of my character and died...now I'm stuck at the death screen lmao. Did anyone bug test this?

Mr. F

Banned
Inviting players in session to join a game and get kicked immediately after. I'm never going to finish this mission

Also it's kind of shit that getting booted from a session or it crashing counts as you 'abandoning a job'

I would say, from GTAV, go to online, select GTAO, then at the bottom, should say "Solo"

But who knows if that works or not :lol

From single player: Press start and go to the online tab and click on "Play GTA Online" then you should see solo near the bottom of the list of options.

No, you can change your clothes in any clothes store (for free if you already own stuff)

Ah, thanks! I always launch MP from the title screen with X or just by switching to the char from SP -- didn't know there was a third way with the Solo option there.

Awesome, didn't realize that clothing stores let you equip clothes.

Dug

Banned
Bought an apartment! Some photos:
The view:
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

This looks familiar..:
0_0.jpg

My garage as of now:
0_0.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I really need someone to invite me to the 9k mission on PS3. What level do you have to be to get it I'm level 12

SlickVic

Curious to try out the solo mode. Wondering if the missions requiring multiple people are either blocked off entirely or prompt you to join an online game.

Curious to try out the solo mode. Wondering if the missions requiring multiple people are either blocked off entirely or prompt you to join an online game.

If your in solo and a mission requires more than one player you get three options, open the mission lobby, invite players and keep it private or just join a public version

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
loI I ran into that bug other people were having earlier where you lose your car/insurance phone number. This game...

had this too :(

First, I chose a car for the Lamar Race (ended up choosing a hybrid :lol), but had lost it by the time it asks me to go to the spray place for tracker and insurance, so I stole a better car, did that, and it stayed for awhile. I went in for a job, came back and didn't have it, and I don't have a number for the insurance place.

SlickVic

If your in solo and a mission requires more than one player you get three options, open the mission lobby, invite players and keep it private or just join a public version

That sounds pretty well thought out by them. I'm impressed they actually included a solo mode, and I like that it seems like it isn't too hard to find players for missions that require some more people.

Top Bottom