• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Lazlo

Got a character up to level 13 today, took a 30 min break, came back and it was deleted. Only thing I can think of was turning PS3 off via power button on front not via controller. Really not looking forward to re-grinding. Beware PS3 people!

Kajiba

imageirxn7.jpg

All that money I won decided to do something to my car.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Got a character up to level 13 today, took a 30 min break, came back and it was deleted. Only thing I can think of was turning PS3 off via power button on front not via controller. Really not looking forward to re-grinding. Beware PS3 people!

I think I've seen people say even if they quit properly they've had their character disappear; but, Rockstar says the correct way is to go to the menu and hit leave online in the menu or switch to SP via the character wheel. They said do not just turn off your console.

I've played with so many people today, that I honestly forgot who the hell was who. Anyways, it's been a blast so far. Maybe I'm just lucky or people are getting bored of it, but it isn't as much as a wild west ffa fuckfest like everyone was making it out to be. The online really shines when you're rolling in a gang. Had myself, a friend, a random, and a fellow gaffer robbing a 24/7 together. Homeslice actually payed out the money like a true bro.

Rotbot! That's who that was! I remember because you got blasted on by some other Gaffer a few minutes afterwards lol. I picked up your dropped cash and gave it back to you after he drove off lol, hopefully you noticed. So many possibilities with this game. I love it.

I've been trying to connect online for the last hour and a half. I havent done the tutorial and I can't connect. Not even in solo mode. I just see all these launching session and loading screens.

akaoni

Banned
The game can be fun now and then but for the most part it just doesn't respect my time with something that should be so straightforward, I want to have fun now, not look at bloated interfaces and wait screens. Selling it while it's still worth something.

MAX PAYMENT

So...uh....Gaz.

I ran over Krunk's avatar after he logged off and tried to do the same to yours.

After running over your body 5 times did I finally hear your concern in the headset and learned that you had not exactly logged off yet.

I turned off my xbox and laughed for 5 minutes straight.

DoctorZ

I got in finally today on PS3, got through the first two missions (race and drug), then went to a loading screen, couds...and nothing. Left it for 10 minutes and all that happened was someone coughed into their mic and mumbled something a few minutes in. I'm starting to lose interest in GTA online, but I'll probably give it another shot in a day or so.

Gaz_RB

So...uh....Gaz.

I ran over Krunk's avatar after he logged off and tried to do the same to yours.

After running over your body 5 times did I finally hear your concern in the headset and learned that you had not exactly logged off yet.

I turned off my xbox and laughed for 5 minutes straight.

Lmao it was funny enough that I didn't mind.

The controller was on the floor and I was doing something across the room watching helplessly

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is it possible to do a Crew-Only freeroam lobby? I swore I saw an option for it but my friend can't seem to find it when he does it.

Mr. F

Banned
I haven't been around in a few days......has everyone's online experience generally improved, or are people still getting errors?

Still taking ages for me to join a session (360), and when I do they're typically empty and when they're not I get kicked a second after it loads.

Feels pretty helpless unless you're playing a private session with friends, unless it's just my bad luck.

So when this Xbox patch finally hits, it definitely fixes it so you don't lose money to deaths during jobs? You've got to be really choosy with the job types or you take a chance of losing money, and it's getting annoying.

LkPr

So was R* talking shit today when they said that we would no longer lose money when we died??? I patched first thing this AM and all evening I have been losing money each time I died in Freeroam...

PLUS, it looks like the could was down cause I played for 5 hours, logged for 5 mins and then when I went back on NOTHING I had done it that 5 hours was saved.

Done with Online til its FIXED

PS3 btw

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So was R* talking shit today when they said that we would no longer lose money when we died??? I patched first thing this AM and all evening I have been losing money each time I died in Freeroam...

PLUS, it looks like the could was down cause I played for 5 hours, logged for 5 mins and then when I went back on NOTHING I had done it that 5 hours was saved.

PS3 btw
Did you have your money in the bank?

So when this Xbox patch finally hits, it definitely fixes it so you don't lose money to deaths during jobs? You've got to be really choosy with the job types or you take a chance of losing money, and it's getting annoying.

played over 6 hours since patch and never seemed to lose money, money kept growing after every mission, would bank it, then auto mission again

it was cool unlocking parachuting and just doing a jump for fun before getting back into the proper missions again

jsnepo

Just had this one great mission. It's not really a mission but it's when Simeon asks you to deliver this car. Within free roam, the game will blip one of the cars Simeon asks for you and this is also going to be seen by other players (I think only those Simeon asks as well). So I rushed to this car knowing that someone is also trying to get to it. I got to the car first and triggered a two star wanted level when I stole it. The game now goes to both losing the cops and getting away from this other guy who is also in pursuit of the car I stole. I immediately rushed to the nearest mod shop and resprayed the car. Once I got out, the other guy is already aiming at me and shot me dead. He stole the car and triggered his own wanted level thus police are in pursuit of him. As soon as I respawned, he was still in my mini map so I went to pursue him as well. I caught him when he was cornered by cops and shot him dead. I stole the car and noticed that it was in really bad shape so I went again to the mod shop and successfully had it repaired. I then rushed to the delivery point with the other guy just right behind me. It was so intense and everything was happening while in free roam with other players doing their own thing.

THIS IS AMAZING!

PS3 btw

When you die doing missions not in free roam.

All of the Xbox peeps need to stop trying to get on until you get the patch.

Since I have gotten the patch on PS3, my experience has been extra enjoyable. Everything that is available right now was working with flying colors.

played over 6 hours since patch and never seemed to lose money, money kept growing after every mission, would bank it, then auto mission again

it was cool unlocking parachuting and just doing a jump for fun before getting back into the proper missions again

Nice. Can't wait for the patch to hit.

Omni

Online is surprisingly bandwidth heavy.

Interesting to note that I'm using less bandwidth playing an hour long, 60 player BF3 game online than I am free roaming in GTAV with 16 players.

Means I can't play when my connection gets capped by my ISP for going over monthly allowance of 8GB.

terrible

Banned
Online is surprisingly bandwidth heavy.

Interesting to note that I'm using less bandwidth playing an hour long, 60 player BF3 game online than I am free roaming in GTAV with 16 players.

Means I can't play when my connection gets capped by my ISP for going over monthly allowance of 8GB.

8GB? Do you live in Canada or something?

A single Steam game is like 20GB for me most of the time. I couldn't live off 8GB. That sucks :(

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Been staring at clouds for a good 5 minutes between refreshing a playlist.

Fuckin ironic eh.

edit: Still.

Time to quit for the night and hope my dude isn't floated up into GTA heaven.

Plasmid

Been staring at clouds for a good 5 minutes between refreshing a playlist.

Fuckin ironic eh.

edit: Still.

Time to quit for the night and hope my dude isn't floated up into GTA heaven.

Check rockstar social club, thats your character that's connected. If it's not there you might have problems.

Trigger

lol, first time making a character and the complaints about the creation system are valid. Making a pretty lady is ridiculously tough.
XBMjaTZ.gif

DietRob

Check rockstar social club, thats your character that's connected. If it's not there you might have problems.

I'm paranoid so I went ahead and launched back into online. He's still there but I get a message from R*

"You quit out of a job before it was complete, you are a bad sport, ect.. "

Really now?

kris.

Banned
Very dumb question because I assume it was already explained to me a few times via popup tutorials, but what is the JP I get after finishing missions?

DietRob

Very dumb question because I assume it was already explained to me a few times via popup tutorials, but what is the JP I get after finishing missions?

Job Points. Not really sure what the meaning behind them are though. Maybe the more you accumulate the better jobs you get or more XP?

renzo

How do you invite friends to jobs? every time i want to play with friends i end up with other people and the cellphone makes no sense since takes only you to jobs.

Top Bottom