• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

jsnepo

So how to do you remove bookmarks? I got this job that I bookmarked and I can't remove it from my map. When I try to start it, it tells me that my level is not yet there then why was I able to bookmark it?

Lima

So how to do you remove bookmarks? I got this job that I bookmarked and I can't remove it from my map. When I try to start it, it tells me that my level is not yet there then why was I able to bookmark it?

Did a friend invite you to that job?

tookhster

How do you invite friends to jobs? every time i want to play with friends i end up with other people and the cellphone makes no sense since takes only you to jobs.

When you're in the job lobby, go to the last option ( I think it's like Confirm Settings) and you can invite your friends or all the people in your previous lobby there. It took me a while to figure out because "Confirm Settings" sounded like advance to the level or something.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ok last post of the night. The social club updated to show online stats. This is kinda ridiculous.

NyvP8Vz.png

renzo

When you're in the job lobby, go to the last option ( I think it's like Confirm Settings) and you can invite your friends or all the people in your previous lobby there. It took me a while to figure out because "Confirm Settings" sounded like advance to the level or something.

Thank, the interface is super complex =(

Arcteryx

wtf

I killed 3 people in this tdm game and got less RP/money than my teammate who died at the start of the match and killed no one...

exYle

WHAT THE FUCK.

I have gotten the "Restarted due to issue with Storage Device" error at least a dozen times now. It'll kick me out of the game randomly in the middle of a fucking mission. THERE'S NOTHING FUCKING WRONG WITH MY HARD DRIVE, ROCKSTAR.

God damn it.

Anyone else having this issue?

ieatzombies

Playing a gig atm. Once I get back to the house gaz dreamfall and gafcrew hit me up so we can gta it up for my birthday! I'm PaNdOrA97 on xbox 360

I'm loving GTAO online so far except how everyone drives like an asshole during races. It's more bumper cars than actual racing, very irritating. I was recently invited by some random guy to race, said what the hell, waited for minutes until he started the race, it was just him and me, and sure enough at the first turn he purposefully rammed me off the road.

How is that fun? I just quit, fuck that guy.

Lima

I'm loving GTAO online so far except how everyone drives like an asshole during races. It's more bumper cars than actual racing, very irritating. I was recently invited by some random guy to race, said what the hell, waited for minutes until he started the race, it was just him and me, and sure enough at the first turn he purposefully rammed me off the road.

You never played a racing game with randoms online brah?

Because that is how it usually works.

Ok last post of the night. The social club updated to show online stats. This is kinda ridiculous.

NyvP8Vz.png
The economics of this game are so totally fucked. SP is pretty bad too as half the missions and heists and activities give you no money, or next to no money.

You never played a racing game with randoms online brah?

Because that is how it usually works.
Sigh... I guess I've been lucky. Last racing game I played online was Forza Horizon and people seemed pretty decent there.

wizzbang

Banned

That's the main issue with online gaming in general. It COULD be so good but it's often not - because people just want to do stupid shit or mean shit.
I went into GTA online wanting to play as a team vs awesome AI stuff but ultimately - NOPE!

As an extensive SP gamer, who loves story and immersion, I figured I'd at least try GTA Online, but nope sadly just not for me.

That's the main issue with online gaming in general. It COULD be so good but it's often not - because people just want to do stupid shit or mean shit.
I went into GTA online wanting to play as a team vs awesome AI stuff but ultimately - NOPE!

As an extensive SP gamer, who loves story and immersion, I figured I'd at least try GTA Online, but nope sadly just not for me.

You need a crew.

Lima

You need a crew.

Even with a crew there is not much interesting stuff vs. AI in the game. Sure some of the jobs are nice but nothing that is really special.

I hope the heists will be awesome. Otherwise I will get to rank 100 quickly and dump the game.

They really need to rethink some of these systems. Having a $9k bounty put on my head (by an NPC) for stealing a car to get to the police impound in order to get my bike back is fucking tiring. It really doesn't support the community to be anything other than a bundle of assholes.

Maybe NPCs placing bounties is a bit much? The impound system really needs to go, since my fucking bike only gets impounded after I get jumped and killed. It's not even just when I have a bounty, too, it seems random at times.

That said, I spawned next to a guy who upon seeing me with a bounty just decided we should ride dirtbikes and hang out. Probably the first person I've seen online who didn't just open fire when seeing me.

Games really fucking good (when it works!), but it's reminding me why I don't play many multiplayer games. I just don't see why blindly firing at every body that passes you can be very fun.

malfcn

The fuck. Got second in a bike race because the check point didn't read me the first time and I had to go back. I would have smoked them all if it had worked right.

FaintDeftone

I finally got in today and played for about an hour and a half. I thought there would have been a lot of cool missions to tackle cooperatively with folks online but all I found were people constantly trying to kill me. While going through the tutorials and trying to figure things out, people kept constantly picking on me and I got frustrated and left.

I'm sure the point of the free roaming is to kill each other, but when they throw so much single player-ish stuff into it and I can't get any of it done because I'm constantly being shot at and run over, it makes it a lot less fun. It seems as if any player sees you doing anything story related they target you just to be a dick. I still died a lot even in passive mode (bug?).

Dresden

I finally got in today and played for about an hour and a half. I thought there would have been a lot of cool missions to tackle cooperatively with folks online but all I found were people constantly trying to kill me. While going through the tutorials and trying to figure things out, people kept constantly picking on me and I got frustrated and left.

I'm sure the point of the free roaming is to kill each other, but when they throw so much single player-ish stuff into it and I can't get any of it done because I'm constantly being shot at and run over, it makes it a lot less fun. It seems as if any player sees you doing anything story related they target you just to be a dick. I still died a lot even in passive mode (bug?).

Just get into a solo session. Load up story mode, then go into online from there.

Gaz_RB

What's the easiest way to find full team vs team games?

I've been doing quick job under my phone and doing "random mission"

Been pretty full games so far.

pBxoxqe.jpg

RIP, she was only rank 12. I'm gonna wait till tomorrow to make a new character. Maybe she will come back.

Kinda looks like Olivia Munn haha

NyvP8Vz.png

Healthy economies need money sinks! /devil's advocate

Playing a gig atm. Once I get back to the house gaz dreamfall and gafcrew hit me up so we can gta it up for my birthday! I'm PaNdOrA97 on xbox 360

For sure, I'll probably be on! Happy bday

Even with a crew there is not much interesting stuff vs. AI in the game. Sure some of the jobs are nice but nothing that is really special.

I hope the heists will be awesome. Otherwise I will get to rank 100 quickly and dump the game.

Yeah I know what you are saying.

Me my friends spent an hour in the hills climbing on to the roofs of peoples houses and tomb stoning into swimming pools, so much fun.

Finally managed to get into this after all of the problems. Boy is that character creator really bad. I don't know what they were thinking but damn is it impossible to make a decent looking character.

Lots of people trying to kill you right as you get out of the race. Quite a hilarious first experience I've had for the past hour or so I was playing. People act absolutely crazy in it.

Arcteryx

0_0tryqs.jpg

outside my new apartment

0_03psas.jpg

0_0k0s1z.jpg

Someone posted some pics from the more expensive apartment on Reddit...it looks identical inside to the one I got($203,000) except for the bathroom(I have a walk-in, they have a jacuzzi). Otherwise, same shit.

Lima

Someone posted some pics from the more expensive apartment on Reddit...it looks identical inside to the one I got($203,000) except for the bathroom(I have a walk-in, they have a jacuzzi). Otherwise, same shit.

The apartments are dumb. If they don't serve some purpose in the future there is no point in spending money on one. Just buy a garage.

Just faced a guy in arm wrestling.

I won the first 3, then he won 1. I switched to my arcade stick being totally oblivious to the fact that I have to use both sticks. I won one, then he won 4 straight.

Shit was intense. Final score was 5-5

Onionkid

Sorry for the blurry camera phone snaps...but we found out some interesting stuff that I wasn't aware of before, haha. So you can apparently spray water out of the fire trucks? And also you can attach cars to the bottom of those massive transport helis and use them as makeshift bombs online...

FrsDvl

Is it normal that when you deposit your cash into your bank. turn off the game, turn it back on that the cash is on your person? Just lost 15k that way..

Dug

Banned
Sorry for the blurry camera phone snaps...but we found out some interesting stuff that I wasn't aware of before, haha. So you can apparently spray water out of the fire trucks? And also you can attach cars to the bottom of those massive transport helis and use them as makeshift bombs online...
You could spray water from firetrucks in GTA IV. Lots of trolling in multiplayer...lots and lots of trolling....

Top Bottom