• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Medical bills when you die in free roam but not missions? Seems backward to me.

Gives some incentive to stay on your toes in free roam and not get plugged by cops or other players. Having a penalty in missions dissuades people from doing tough missions or deathmatches entirely.

Gives some incentive to stay on your toes in free roam and not get plugged by cops or other players. Having a penalty in missions dissuades people from doing tough missions or deathmatches entirely.
But missions are what nets you money to pay those fees.

This design penalizes players who free roam GTA which seems all kinds of nuts.

In fact, nothing I've seen about GTAO makes much sense at all.

I don't really understand, are apartments and garages the same thing? Or different?

It's also really annoying how on the website you can't sort by price. I guess they figured that would be too convenient and useful.

Trigger

I wish you could just bypass the first race entirely. I'm stuck here just waiting for it to start so I can try the free roam content.

KAP151

I don't really understand, are apartments and garages the same thing? Or different?

It's also really annoying how on the website you can't sort by price. I guess they figured that would be too convenient and useful.

Different. Garages is car space only. Apartments have living area with couch/radio/shower etc as well as Garage.

wellthatsucks

Neo Member
Is anyone not getting immediately kicked? It feels almost like a bug at this point
In the hour or so I played tonight it said I was kicked by other players 4 or 5 times. Not really sure why I'd be getting kicked almost instantly (in a couple cases, a little later) when all I was doing was minding my own business trying to do the first job for Lamar.

I wish you could just bypass the first race entirely. I'm stuck here just waiting for it to start so I can try the free roam content.
I've tried that first race several times over now. Each time I get the guy to drive up to me with a car, just before standing there watching an empty lobby grid, while people pop in, or (eventually) walk away. The session never loads.

Do you need a certain number of players? I've never seen more than five at once.

Now, trying to be clever I started going into story mode and then selecting GTA Online -> Solo from the menus, hoping that it would set me up against AI racers. Well, I get to the part where a guy delivers my car to me, but then it stops for a moment, backtracks, and I see another guy deliver me a car - so the scene plays out twice. After this I see a blurry city vista taking up the screen while "loading session" or "looking for players" rotates in its little circle of purgatory, forever.

I've probably put in around an hour of time trying to get in across a bunch of attempts, and nada. Never loads. According to the social club my character has 8 seconds of playtime, but no stats.

I got a random message from a player on my last attempt that said nothing but "Why won't GTA work?"

I dunno dude... I dunno. Seems utterly broken from my view.

Imm0rt4l

I really like the 80's vibe heist music in the missions. Feel like I'm in an 80's action flick sometimes. I even named my character Axel.

Yea just noticed how much money I lost from some guy running me down

3 times

Passive mode will stop you getting shot but not ran over so I'd stay in car when fools be around.

Your car can still explode but you can run fuckers over so that's fair.

Or maybe stick to your own session or crew for now?

KAP151

Only friends can come into apartments is that correct?

Pretty sure you can change who is allowed in under one of the options. I came home to this in my apartment before:

0_0.jpg

...yeah

But missions are what nets you money to pay those fees.

This design penalizes players who free roam GTA which seems all kinds of nuts.

In fact, nothing I've seen about GTAO makes much sense at all.

That's not really true. You can make enough to pay off a hospital fee robbing a store or two, and you can make easy money selling cars. Just sold a Baller (SUV) for ~$9k. Plus apparently there are armored trucks to rob (which I haven't found...yet).

Trigger

I've tried that first race several times over now. Each time I get the guy to drive up to me with a car, just before standing there watching an empty lobby grid, while people pop in, or (eventually) walk away. The session never loads.

Do you need a certain number of players? I've never seen more than five at once.

Now, trying to be clever I started going into story mode and then selecting GTA Online -> Solo from the menus, hoping that it would set me up against AI racers. Well, I get to the part where a guy delivers my car to me, but then it stops for a moment, backtracks, and I see another guy deliver me a car - so the scene plays out twice. After this I see a blurry city vista taking up the screen while "loading session" or "looking for players" rotates in its little circle of purgatory, forever.

I've probably put in around an hour of time trying to get in across a bunch of attempts, and nada. Never loads. According to the social club my character has 8 seconds of playtime, but no stats.

I got a random message from a player on my last attempt that said nothing but "Why won't GTA work?"

It's really fucking ridiculous at this point. lol, I wonder if they can't just patch the mission out? This weird intro pretty much blocks me from even playing the mode.

Yerolo

Exact same issue here. Ive been trying for the last 2 days, and cannot get past the same point you are at. How are there so many people here actually playing the damn thing...what are we doing wrong ? :'(

im on the 360. What you're looking for is a menu to choose a car, I've heard people say they left it to sit for awhile and they got in.

Here's what I did, I created a guy I got the loading session screen maybe 3 times. I created a second guy tried another 3-4 times, I took a couple hour break. My gf suggested I make a female, so I can use "other assests" I deleted my second charecter, it was nice you get a different intro. I didn't have a single hang up she walked in the cicrle I picked a car and my gta:eek: adventure was underway!

Trigger

Why do I even have to wait for other players on a solo mode? Can't they just add some AI racers if no humans appear after a certain amount of time? Rockstar pls.

kris.

Banned
Playing in solo mode has helped tremendously. No annoying non-crews fucking with me, everything was loading smoothly, could do missions by myself on hard for that extra rep. Got to rank 9 tonight. Hopefully when I wake up, he'll still be there. We'll see.

I'm so ecstatic that my character wasn't lost when the servers failed. Hopefully tomorrow they won't melt completely as people play during the weekend.

Tonight will be the first time I can have a good 3-4 hour session, hopefully it's fixed by then.

It's my progress saving I have my problems with.

GavinGT

Banned
I'm fucking addicted to this now. There are a million things I could complain about, but the bottom line is I just can't wait to get back in there and make more money.

Absinthe

I decided to wait until tonight figuring Rockstar would have had this shit figured out by now.

NOPE. Tried a few different characters so far and none of them can get past the first mission, it just sits there "Launching Session" for over 10 minutes with no result.

Back to single player I guess, I'll wait until it actually works because this is fucking ridiculous.

I decided to wait until tonight figuring Rockstar would have had this shit figured out by now.

NOPE. Tried a few different characters so far and none of them can get past the first mission, it just sits there "Launching Session" for over 10 minutes with no result.

Back to single player I guess, I'll wait until it actually works because this is fucking ridiculous.

What system are you on?

Top Bottom