• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Siegmeyer

Is their a vehicle impound in MP?

My car no longer appears, there is no impound icon on the map like there was in SP, and the insurance company contact has disappeared from my phone.

My car no longer appears, there is no impound icon on the map like there was in SP, and the insurance company contact has disappeared from my phone.

There is an impound but your vehicle has disappeared, I had this happen before.

Cartman86

Banned

You check your garage? (if you have one). My car stopped appearing on the map for some reason, but it was parked in there.

Reule

Are those jobs sent by text by Gerald and or Simeon random or something? At level 5, I had a text from Simeon and so did my girlfriend except they were different.

I did one of them solo and had to steal two cars that were mobile. First one was okay but the second one drove all the way up the coast into Blaine County. I drive up there and they decide to drive all the way back down to Los Santos on the other side. I almost flipped my lid.

Also: Beware of buying and equipping masks. When you take the masks off, your character will be bald. A friend and I decided to rob stores with pig masks and eventually had to take a trip to the Barber to get our hair back.

Absinthe

What system are you on?

360 on Ethernet

Rockstar twitter says the 360 patch is up.

Am I finally going to pass this fucking race?

36grz4.jpeg

UrbanRats

Hey. i got in at the first try, lucky me.
However i got disconnected from XBL when i had to buy some clothes.
I don't think it's related to the game though, i've been having problems with the line in general all day.

Dead

well not really...yet
Downloaded the update on 360

Holy shit it works!

Finally got put in a lobby with players for the intro race on first try!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I've tried that first race several times over now. Each time I get the guy to drive up to me with a car, just before standing there watching an empty lobby grid, while people pop in, or (eventually) walk away. The session never loads.

Do you need a certain number of players? I've never seen more than five at once.

Now, trying to be clever I started going into story mode and then selecting GTA Online -> Solo from the menus, hoping that it would set me up against AI racers. Well, I get to the part where a guy delivers my car to me, but then it stops for a moment, backtracks, and I see another guy deliver me a car - so the scene plays out twice. After this I see a blurry city vista taking up the screen while "loading session" or "looking for players" rotates in its little circle of purgatory, forever.

I've probably put in around an hour of time trying to get in across a bunch of attempts, and nada. Never loads. According to the social club my character has 8 seconds of playtime, but no stats.

I got a random message from a player on my last attempt that said nothing but "Why won't GTA work?"

I dunno dude... I dunno. Seems utterly broken from my view.

you've just listed my exact experience. I read what you wrote and then had to double check it wasn't me being quoted.

I have never ever played the online in this game. it's totally fucked. I even deleted the title update and cache again, tried solo, everything.

edit: Oh great theres a patch, glad it arrived 30 seconds before my vacation haha.

Trigger

0_0.jpg

Bless. Finally have a character and I tried a few missions. Online has some real promise. I'll dig into it some more later. I'll cross my fingers that I don't magically lose her and my progress.

EDIT: Oh yeah, had my first annoying, mouthy little dipshit tonight during that one mission where you have to drive down the west coast in muscle cars and pick up a package and drive back. I DO NOT have the patience for mouthy assholes on the internet anymore.

The world sure feels a lot emptier online. Lot less NPC's and traffic on the road. Not sure if that's part of reducing some stress on their servers or that's what its going to be.

Probably more current gen hardware limitations, haven't been paying attention but is free roam player hosted like the activities are?

Online is surprisingly bandwidth heavy.

Interesting to note that I'm using less bandwidth playing an hour long, 60 player BF3 game online than I am free roaming in GTAV with 16 players.

Means I can't play when my connection gets capped by my ISP for going over monthly allowance of 8GB.

Sounds like I probably shouldn't be hosting anything. How much bandwidth was it using?

So where are people reading about the Violent Duct mission being nerfed? Visited the Newswire and didn't read anything in the patch notes they released.

So where are people reading about the Violent Duct mission being nerfed? Visited the Newswire and didn't read anything in the patch notes they released.

I don't know, people have been doing it all day on PS3 with the patch and I don't recall seeing any mention of it here. Besides the supposedly being unable to repeat it though that was quickly corrected and you still can with the quick replay option. R2 if I remember correctly.

Grinchy

Banned
Pretty awful first experience for me. I was doing that first mission where you go to get the drugs and you only have the pistol that Lamar gave you with limited bullets. I was chasing a car that had the drugs in it, and I shot 3 of the 4 tires out, but the driver had no trouble controlling it whatsoever.

I got in front of him and slammed on my brakes to make him stop and I shot him 4 times through the windshield. He didn't die, and they were my last 4 bullets. I chased him and rammed him off the road for like 15 minutes and just said fuck it and turned off my PS3. I'll try this shit out again another time.

_woLf

3LJwgUs.jpg

Does anyone know what is causing this? I never had this weird mark on my face during creation nor during the first few missions, it just came out of nowhere. It's like something is glitched with the damage and it's never going away :(

Top Bottom