• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Gaz_RB

3LJwgUs.jpg

Does anyone know what is causing this? I never had this weird mark on my face during creation nor during the first few missions, it just came out of nowhere. It's like something is glitched with the damage and it's never going away :(

It'll go away eventually, mine did

I wish they would release a update/patch where if someone kills you, they only get the money you have on you/100 max kinda of the way it is now.

However I want them to do away with the hospital bills. If I get killed by a NPC (non-mission), suicide, hit by car (non-player), etc Fine, take from my bank for hospital bills.

Either that or fix spawn.

Better yet they should make a pvp/non-pvp server or have "War Zones"

Kane1345

Does anyone know if there's a way to repeat story missions that Gerald and Simeon give you? Be good to try them again with friends

Mastah

http://i.imgur.com/3LJwgUs.jpg

Does anyone know what is causing this? I never had this weird mark on my face during creation nor during the first few missions, it just came out of nowhere. It's like something is glitched with the damage and it's never going away :(

Take a shower in your safehouse? I think it's either bruises or blood as my character has similiar thing on his face. I don't have a crib though, so no way to test it.

I wish they would release a update/patch where if someone kills you, they only get the money you have on you/100 max kinda of the way it is now.

However I want them to do away with the hospital bills. If I get killed by a NPC (non-mission), suicide, hit by car (non-player), etc Fine, take from my bank for hospital bills.

Either that or fix spawn.

Better yet they should make a pvp/non-pvp server or have "War Zones"

I agree with the spawns...I get why they did it. They want you to be able to get revenge, but it RARELY works out that way.

I don't agree witht the rest. I LOVE how they handled the money. You want to attempt to kill me for a lousy $100? Then you risk loloosing $1000 plus if I pull off a head shot. Everyone is trying to get the best everything and the MP hasn't been out a week! I for one am going to long play this, I don't have many other games on the horizon I intend to play this until I get the nextbox next spring. I've already seen/done awesome things in 4 days, tonight I saw my friend walk in the chopper propeller.

zap

When you buy another one it automagically refunds part of the old one(I've heard 50%, but I'm not sure the exact amount).

Hmm ok. I just bought the most expensive apartment but I wasn't a huge fan of the view... Would have liked to see more of the city rather than the hills :/

terrible

Banned
The anxiety attacks I get when I'm trying to deposit more than 5 grand and I see white dots around me..

Haha yeah. I had a super tense moment the other night. I just finished doing some Gerald missions and had some cash on me only to find a player in my face almost as soon as I spawned back into free roam.

I brought my shotgun out and I swear I've never been more prepared to blast a hole in someone's chest in a game before in my life. I was one wrong movement by him away from wasting the guy when he turned around (probably saw my shotgun) and kicked the door before running away. My heart was racing.

Normally I would just blast someone but I figured maybe he too just finished making a bunch of money and I showed some mercy. He was unarmed too.

Video here.

Note to self: set spawn location to home/garage and not last location.

Haha yeah. I had a super tense moment the other night. I just finished doing some Gerald missions and had some cash on me only to find a player in my face almost as soon as I spawned back into free roam.

I brought my shotgun out and I swear I've never been more prepared to blast a hole in someone's chest in a game before in my life. I was one wrong movement by him away from wasting the guy when he turned around (probably saw my shotgun) and kicked the door before running away. My heart was racing.

Normally I would just blast someone but I figured maybe he too just finished making a bunch of money and I showed some mercy. He was unarmed too.

Video here.

Note to self: set spawn location to home/garage and not last location.

I would've unloaded the whole clip

Kane1345

How do you go solo mode? I've seen people refer to it. No idea what they mean though

If you're in single player and press pause, to to the online section, scroll to the bottom and select play GTA online it will then give you a bunch of ways to play. I believe solo mode is at the bottom

Mononoke

Banned
Do you HAVE to go to an ATM to save your money, or can you just do it from your phone?

Click the web icon on your phone. Go to the money and services tab at the top of the page. The very last link called Omaze bank allows you to deposit or withdraw money. So yes you can do it on your phone.

Click the web icon on your phone. Go to the money and services tab at the top of the page. The very last link called Omaze bank allows you to deposit or withdraw money. So yes you can do it on your phone.

OK, so I've been doing it right. Thanks.

Funny story:

I was holding up a liquor store, and was just about to get the cash when some fool walked in, lit me up, and walked out. Didn't even take the money.

kmg90

EDIT: Oh yeah, had my first annoying, mouthy little dipshit tonight during that one mission where you have to drive down the west coast in muscle cars and pick up a package and drive back. I DO NOT have the patience for mouthy assholes on the internet anymore.

Probably more current gen hardware limitations, haven't been paying attention but is free roam player hosted like the activities are?

Sounds like I probably shouldn't be hosting anything. How much bandwidth was it using?

Here is the log from my 4-or-so hour session with me and two other friends that did a bunch of store robberies and a few jobs together... (8-11:30ish PM)
e2ZspF2.png

Dead

well not really...yet
Shiiiit. This is pretty cool.

After the race, 4 of us got in a car, went to the clothing store, we all started shopping then some dude in a Helicopter came around and started fucking mowing anything and everything with a machine gun. Total chaos. Managed to get out in one piece!

Absinthe

After everything it finally worked and man, that's intense.

Ended the night with just over 20k and lvl 4 or 5. I got into a mission with someone much higher level, we all died except him, but when the mission was over I had something around 11k on me. First thing I did was scramble around the corner and deposit the money on my phone just in time to click the button then, boom, dead. Not sure if you still loose all the money your character has on them, but either way, I had $0 on me when I died.

Cartman86

Banned
Is there an issue with the matchmaking where people will stop getting invites to join your matches after the first one? Cause i've made plenty of rooms open to people and on the first match tons of people appear to join. Then on the next mission no one shows up.

Anyone else missing the knit caps, beanies for female characters. I checked all the stores and I didn't see them.

I know they exist though as my character had a beanie at one point.

Top Bottom