• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

deli2000

Is there an issue with the matchmaking where people will stop getting invites to join your matches after the first one? Cause i've made plenty of rooms open to people and on the first match tons of people appear to join. Then on the next mission no one shows up.

Barely anyone shows up when I try using auto-invite.

bs000

Maaan, people race dirty. Any time you get near another car they'll do everything they can to block or hit you.

Acorn

3LJwgUs.jpg

Does anyone know what is causing this? I never had this weird mark on my face during creation nor during the first few missions, it just came out of nowhere. It's like something is glitched with the damage and it's never going away :(
Happened to me too.

Ah damn, i lost 25k and three levels.

It seems that it's clear what happens. It seems that as long as you keep your console on, you will be able to access whatever progress you made on your character.

BUT, if you mean to save your character, be sure that the cloud is functioning properly, otherwise when you turn off your console, the progress done from the moment the cloud services crapped won't save.

Clearly rockstar did this to avoid people from "save hacking" or whatever for money, since they sell virtual monies. But see how it only means inconveniences for us.

Ploid 3.0

Ah damn, i lost 25k and three levels.

It seems that it's clear what happens. It seems that as long as you keep your console on, you will be able to access whatever progress you made on your character.

BUT, if you mean to save your character, be sure that the cloud is functioning properly, otherwise when you turn off your console, the progress done from the moment the cloud services crapped won't save.

Clearly rockstar did this to avoid people from "save hacking" or whatever for money, since they sell virtual monies. But see how it only means inconveniences for us.

Like Blizzard with D3's rmah selling stuff for money means they can't piss off the customers that paid money. In rockstar's case, people making fast easy money? It might piss off the people that bought 100k cards somehow, or make the cards pointless if you only need to do about 12 fast missions.

3LJwgUs.jpg

Does anyone know what is causing this? I never had this weird mark on my face during creation nor during the first few missions, it just came out of nowhere. It's like something is glitched with the damage and it's never going away :(
We all know what's causing it...he's no good for you! It's good you have pics though, you should press charges.

scarlet

Done a team mission and stuck on result screen and i have to hear this one guy sayin fuckin f for more than 5 minutes now :\

I love encountering random assholes who try to kill me and fail miserably only for me to kill them and take both their money and vehicle. It's even better when they try to run you over when you're on foot and you get back up and still kill them.

ruttyboy

So the cloud is back this morning and I got my character to load, but now I can't remove the monkey mask I have on lol! Guess some joker filled the inside of it with superglue!

Astery

GTA 5 is having issues with my HDMI line on ps3 few days ago since GTAO's launch. Shutting down the system via XMB in game will cause a blank screen state when rebooting my ps3 the next time. There is signal but just blank, even in safe mode.

The solution so far I used is shutting down everything, wait for 10-30 minutes, using another HDMI cable and reset video output. Sometimes it works.

Experiencing this issue again at the moment, anyone encountered something like this?

My friend lost all his cash.

I had a scare when I updated my game just now, afterwards the game restarted like normal,but hard froze while loading. i restarted the system and everything seems to be in order. [360]

I feel bad seeing everyone's cash vanish...I feel like everyone's dropping around me.

I just got a message when I too a picture, it said something to the effect of "to allow uploading to the social club you must allow sharing on your console privacy settings".
What do you think is blocking it?
-Social network sharing (I assume this)
-Xbox marketing
-Partner marketing

Kajiba

Hmmm weird... after the update my car pops up twice in the same place. One is locked and the other I can get into it.

DogMeat77

Hmmm weird... after the update my car pops up twice in the same place. One is locked and the other I can get into it.

Whenever you are in your car and try to join a new session this seems to happen. Once you get out of the first car, the duplicate appears and is the only one you can get in to. At least that is how it was happening for me

tehPete

Banned
GTA 5 is having issues with my HDMI line on ps3 few days ago since GTAO's launch. Shutting down the system via XMB in game will cause a blank screen state when rebooting my ps3 the next time. There is signal but just blank, even in safe mode.

The solution so far I used is shutting down everything, wait for 10-30 minutes, using another HDMI cable and reset video output. Sometimes it works.

Experiencing this issue again at the moment, anyone encountered something like this?

Yup; when booting into the game or coming out, it happened a couple of times to me. Currently on my second attempt to restore a backup after I had to format the drive, after it hard-crashed installing patch 1.02. It might be worth deleting the game data and re-installing / patching?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dear lord. Had a rally race where my partner was a random that not only did not have a mic, he didn't signal anything. That went horribly.

This seems to have a lot of potential, but I still have to dig into it more.

3LJwgUs.jpg

They're scars caused by injuries you've gained from other players. They should go away after a while. New injuries will replace older ones as well.

I'm not entirely 100% on this but I think having a shower in your apartment removes them.

Hmm ok. I just bought the most expensive apartment but I wasn't a huge fan of the view... Would have liked to see more of the city rather than the hills :/

you bought the one that cost 400,000$ :( ,, same here and the view is shit .

so does anybody know how to rob a bank ?! i have a crew but where to go ?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Accessories are strange in GTAO, you can have two on at a time, except one of those can only be a watch, and there is only one watch. The other accessories like Earrings, Sweatbands, Bangles, Leather Straps and Necklaces can be worn, but only one of those, can't have Earrings and a Necklace, very odd choice there, you'd think they would let you have multiple items when they take up entirely different parts of the body.

dreamfall

I love this game. We've been having some incredible races and parachute contests. Got nearly a full lobby tonight that stayed with the GFST crew through all different types of matches. Bounty hunting earlier was a blast- hell, replaying the 9k mission was good times.

My girl, from the expensive apartment. We need houses in the hills, over looking the city lights.

ibk7svpjt67Q1b.jpg

KAP151

I love this game. We've been having some incredible races and parachute contests. Got nearly a full lobby tonight that stayed with the GFST crew through all different types of matches. Bounty hunting earlier was a blast- hell, replaying the 9k mission was good times.

My girl, from the expensive apartment. We need houses in the hills, over looking the city lights.

ibk7svpjt67Q1b.jpg

Are those lights etc static or all in real time?

In other words if I cruise past in a chopper can you see me out the window?

Does anyone have information on reimbursement of lost cash cards?
I've got an open support ticket and can offer information once/if I get any.

In my case, 200k purchased money vanished in GTA's digital Limbo right with my character. Haven't touched GTAO since (excep occasional checks to see if my char is back).

Are those lights etc static or all in real time?

In other words if I cruise past in a chopper can you see me out the window?

Yeah it's real time. Players can fly helicopters and planes by the window and you'll see them. You can even see players on the ground using the telescope if you wanted.

Omni

Fuck sake lost my online save and my 90% campaign save.

Thanks Rockstar!

Don't you guys have backup saves? I have three, not including the autosave. Each are spread over the course of a few hours, so if one is lost or corrupt, I don't have to restart from the beginning and the loss is minimal.

Ever since I played Mass Effect for the first time I've started doing it in all big games.

So Rockstar's solution to people "farming" cash is to completely disable the replaying of missions.

What a silly decision. I guess they really need people to buy those fake money DLC packs.

Okay is there supposed to be a second update to download too ?

I'm confused. Today the game worked a little more smooth than normal with the loading and stuff, but now I can't join any jobs. It just tell me that the connection was timed out. I'm trying to join my friend too but it's apparently unable to connect to the session. It's quite frustrating. I'm playing some DOTA instead.

Does anyone have information on reimbursement of lost cash cards?
I've got an open support ticket and can offer information once/if I get any.

In my case, 200k purchased money vanished in GTA's digital Limbo right with my character. Haven't touched GTAO since (excep occasional checks to see if my char is back).

dude you played a buggy online game you aren't getting anything back...just jump back in when it seems stable (which clearly doesn't seem to have happened yet)

dude you played a buggy online game you aren't getting anything back...just jump back in when it seems stable (which clearly doesn't seem to have happened yet)
I'd be very surprised if support didn't help him out, he has spent real money at the end of the day. The faults were not his problem.

HiiiLife

Could someone tell me how my friends and I can play on the same team when we're in TDM lobbies? We're always against each other when I send them invites to lobbies.

You can do it online at the social club website, under your crew, create emblem.

So it's after you created a crew? And can you also edit the other options?

I wanna know if I need to spend 30 minutes making everything right at the first time or if I can just create the crew and edit it later.

Top Bottom