• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have any old characters that were ever saved and i've never done the tutorial and saved a character, so this temp character was loaded into a game with jobs etc already and i can't do anything. it's so frustrating that rockstar STILL doesn't have this shit 100%

Ah, right. My bad. Yeah, Rockstar have probably lost a sizeable chunk of their user base because of this. I'm certain they're working round the clock to fix it, mind.

Pain

Banned
Tempted to pick this up next week, instead of waiting for a future mythical PS4 version.

But I'm hesitant due to characters being deleted and money disappearing. Is this a random problem, or is major money loss and character deletion triggered by some task in game?

I guess no one is willing to respond. *shrugs*
Servers are still unreliable for onlibe. Other than that it's ok. Maybe wait a week or 2 so everything gets ironed out.

Pain

Banned
Logged into today again and R* gave me the chance to edit my character again while keeping my progress. I'm a little less ugly now.

Oh and matchmaking seems to be down right now on PS3. Can't get into any race either joining or hosting.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Logged into today again and R* gave me the chance to edit my character again while keeping my progress. I'm a little less ugly now.

Oh and matchmaking seems to be down right now on PS3. Can't get into any race either joining or hosting.

Yeah, I finished a mission then got booted and can't get back online.

Mik2121

About 15 mins ago I was playing and all of a sudden everybody got disconnected from the room. I tried to connect to another session and it said I timed out. Now it gives me the timed out error all the time. Arghhh...

MGR

Yep, was online about 15 mins ago until I tried to start a mission. Sat on 'downloading' for 5 mins. Gave up, rebooted, now can't join at all.

*edit* PS3 version

I'm unable to update to versión 1.2 on my PS3. It goes to a black screen and freezes my console.

Anyone with the same issue?

I had this issue too and had to unplug it twice. The third time I started the game and, once the update screen appeared, I counted to sixty (slowly) and pressed X. It then worked perfectly fine, no deletion of any previous install required. I don't know if there was any relation between it and maybe I got lucky the third time and that's all it was (possible) but try and do that if you can (give it a good length of time between the install screen appears and agreeing to do so).

I had this issue too and had to unplug it twice. The third time I started the game and, once the update screen appeared, I counted to sixty (slowly) and pressed X. It then worked perfectly fine, no deletion of any previous install required. I don't know if there was any relation between it and maybe I got lucky the third time and that's all it was (possible) but try and do that if you can (give it a good length of time between the install screen appears and agreeing to do so).

Glad to know I am not the only person with the capacity to do such a thing.

I hope they are adding the random gang wars and armored trucks again. :)

yea about the armored truck a got a notice says that armored truck will appear on the map

when you are close to one but i never say one and i have been playing for a long while like

5-7 hours half of them in free mode

edit : wait you dont mean the bank armored trucks ? that transfer a shitload of money

I hope they are adding the random gang wars and armored trucks again. :)

Level 30 here. Both of those are in. Random gang wars/hideouts like RDR and Armored Trucks randomly spawned throughout the map. Makes for some really awesome times with friends. Especially if you kill the AT drivers and steal their truck and just go on a player hunt.

yu_jeepers_creepers_14372.jpg

doby

What the hell?? I've been getting matchmaking errors, timeouts and a whole host of other errors quite consistently since launch. Is everyone else only just getting them?!

I'd say I successfully connect to 1 out of 10 jobs I try to join. I thought this was normal atm :/

Mazre

Matchmaking being down is irritating enough (though not unexpected given demand), but it's a special kind of kick in the balls when the timeout/recovery from matchmaking just doesn't work. Shouldn't have to relaunch the game to get back to single player.

don't do it. Weapons are locked by rank no matter how much cash you have

Yeah they did a good job in the sense that money is no way play to win, its mainly "edge" content like buying expensive gun upgrades which only make minor differences, and the real killer I think is gonna be nice real estate.

I'm also interested to see if I can buy a fight jet at some point.

What the hell?? I've been getting matchmaking errors, timeouts and a whole host of other errors quite consistently since launch. Is everyone else only just getting them?!

I'd say I successfully connect to 1 out of 10 jobs I try to join. I thought this was normal atm :/

Jobs and missions were doing fine for me last night. Today tho, I can't even get on freemode at all. "timed out connection" and it freezes on the screen so I need to start up the game again.

Level 30 here. Both of those are in. Random gang wars/hideouts like RDR and Armored Trucks randomly spawned throughout the map. Makes for some really awesome times with friends. Especially if you kill the AT drivers and steal their truck and just go on a player hunt.

What rank do you have to be to get those?

Hmm unable to log in PS3 for a while, hopefully its a precursor to the xbox 360 patch going live

Got in 8 hours of gameplay post patch and it worked great yesterday

Okay good to know. They seemed to stop appearing for me after the update.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm actually surprised how well it has worked today for me (Uk, PS3) considering it is the first weekend Online has been out, haven't had any issues getting into games with people and playing a bunch of missions and such like. I fully expected it to crash and burn considering the amount of people that can play it generally through the day compared to a weekday.

Also, which is this 9k mission and what level do I have to be to get it?

atrox

Neo Member
I haven't been able to play at all as of yet and after I installed patch this morning it's been working perfectly on 360.

Theecliff

Banned
Finally got it working last night and managed to get on sigh some friends. Had a lot of fun last night, the only thing I don't like is that you lose money if killed - which can be pretty annoying at times.

Here's a snap from the top Chilliad following a race to the summit (I won). http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/photo/rZOePr38T0i72mYSxTui6w
The race ended when one of my friends brought up a bunch of police and we had to drive down the other side to get way.

Fergie

Banned
Okay are the cloud servers up? My level 11 character isn't available.

He was available for 2 days so I thought it was done and he was safe.

GolazoDan

Gah. Installed the patch and now it won't even let me play single player on 360. Stops at an alert screen telling me to sign in (I am signed in) and A and B do nothing. The controller's fine (played some Dust: An Elysian Tale in between attempts) and I've deleted the patch, still no dice for whatever reason.

This game's making me hate it.

Top Bottom