• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Wow, some pretty high levels out there. I thought I was pretty high. In the last day of playing I saw maybe one or two people who were my same level or a couple higher (I was 25-27), but my first mission today I'm playing people who are 35, 46, and 62.

edit: Also, is money shit for every mission now? Just finished a level 25 and only got $2,000 for it.

Dug

Banned
Thanks!

I'll probably end up doing this then. Just want that 400k apartment... :D
The 400k apartment is the same as the 223k apartment, the only thing different is the view. Hell, I think all the apartments 200k and up are the same.

Revven

I *really* want to play today, I did my college homework early so I would have all day to play... but it seems it's still down for PS3 users? :(

Gorillaz

US
PS3
East Coast

My girl and guy is still here and I connected effortlessly

I really think its a regional thing guys. Well I'm loading into the city atleast

ooh yeah so dont use the same account on ps3 as xbox

I booted up xbox 360 version with patch to see what happened and its same looking character but now level 2 with $9K cash

I was level 12 with $75K cash LOL

Ah well, needed to switch to 360 for online anyway since my friends are there

shield

Having some issue where I can't remove my hoodie so I can wear just a shirt. Also making me rebuy some shirts too.

Edit: seems to work now

Mik2121

US
PS3
East Coast

My girl and guy is still here and I connected effortlessly

I really think its a regional thing guys
Really? Weird.

I'm in Japan but with a US copy and its been working for me without issues for the last couple days.
For the last two hours though, I've not been able to connect not even once and same thing happens to most of us. So weird...

(Edit: fixed some weird auto-correction made by my iPad)

I did some grinding to lvl 22 last night and I finally got enough to get a house an garage.

I wanted to save more but I need a base of operation. What I need now is a huge chunk of cash to upgrade all of my gear.

Gorillaz

Really? Weird.

I'm in Japan but with a US copy and its been working for me without issues for the last couple days.
For the last two hours though, I've not been blue to connect not even once and same thing happens to most of us. So weird...
Talked to fucking soon cause it froze up. Lol figured.

But I was basically there. Maybe not ill try again

Falt

You guys that are saying your characters are being deleted. Are you sure it's not a problem with syncing to the cloud?

I've had my character since day 2 and I've seen a couple of error messages saying something like "You can not play online because you haven't created a character" or "Failed to load character" ect, but, after a few attempts, the clouds syncs and I'm in, character intact.

I have experienced losing money and mods for my car. I presume that's a problem with syncing with the cloud when logging off, even through the start menu. That's one thing I hope they look at once things are stabilised for everyone. An air tight method of saving your online progress.

Really? Weird.

For the last two hours though, I've not been blue to connect not even once and same thing happens to most of us. So weird...

Yeah I think they basically just routed all resources to getting 360 version online

that version seems to be working OK right now for me

Before the update - "cannot connect to cloud servers at this time"
After the update - "cannot connect to cloud servers at this time"

FML...

Arcteryx

Has anyone figured out what causes the error message "Online services have been disabled on your account" when trying to upload pictures? I could upload pictures fine in the singleplayer before Online launched, then I had troubles uploading pictures in Online with that message, went back to singleplayer last night and got the same message when I tried to upload pictures. :/

Go on the Social Club site and check your settings: you might have some things disabled/set to not visible. There's a privacy tab that I think you have to fill out before it will let you share anything.

The 400k apartment is the same as the 223k apartment, the only thing different is the view. Hell, I think all the apartments 200k and up are the same.

Yep. There are some VERY minor differences(slight layout, item skins, and a couple changes in some areas like the bathroom), but the major things you get for that extra ~$200k are the outside of the apartment and the actual view from inside. Whether that's worth an extra ~$200k is up to you.

Gorillaz

Yea dont worrt Ill try again in 15ish mins

My peopu are there so I feel good about that at least. Wait it out guys before you recreate a person.

Two of my friends are playing together on XBL, east coast, but I haven't been able to connect and it's so annoying to not be able to get back to single player after you can't get into a multiplayer game.

If it just booted me back to SP effectively it wouldn't be so bad... but having it give you an error and then force you to launch to the dash/XMB is so annoying.

Cheddahz

Banned
From what everyone on here as said and from what my friends told me, I'm glad I was able to sell my copy while I could

GTA: Online could had been amazing, but dear god, Rockstar messed it up somehow

Dug

Banned
From what everyone on here as said and from what my friends told me, I'm glad I was able to sell my copy while I could

It is amazing...when it works.

eival

did the 360 patch come out yet?

i made sure to jump back in after quitting last night and saw my stuff saved, ill be pissed if it knocks me back a rank or something

I'm willing to give it a long term shot, but it is still really really annoying to not have it work. What's really disappointing is that it was working great for me last night on 360 before the patch (and I know most people couldn't even get past the first intro missions), and then this morning with the patch on I was still able to play for about an hour, then.. 10:45am EST or so, it just shut down, everybody seemingly got booted, and now it's just completely lost.

I've been staring at the satelite imagery of Los Santos for a good 5 mins now...

Go on the Social Club site and check your settings: you might have some things disabled/set to not visible. There's a privacy tab that I think you have to fill out before it will let you share anything.

Yep. There are some VERY minor differences(slight layout, item skins, and a couple changes in some areas like the bathroom), but the major things you get for that extra ~$200k are the outside of the apartment and the actual view from inside. Whether that's worth an extra ~$200k is up to you.

I filled out the privacy tab before, everything seems to check out.

Has anyone figured out what causes the error message "Online services have been disabled on your account" when trying to upload pictures? I could upload pictures fine in the singleplayer before Online launched, then I had troubles uploading pictures in Online with that message, went back to singleplayer last night and got the same message when I tried to upload pictures. :/

That could be related to your 360 Privacy settings. They say on the social club website that you have to have sharing enabled or something

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Worried about leaving my solo game in case it hasn't saved my progress from the last couple hours with the issues.

Before the update - "cannot connect to cloud servers at this time"
After the update - "cannot connect to cloud servers at this time"

FML...
This is pathetic for R*. Even after a title update you STILL can't play? Smh

Updates can't do magic, lol, it fixed a bunch of issues, but if the server it self is getting overloaded then there isn't much they can do with a patch.

did the 360 patch come out yet?

i made sure to jump back in after quitting last night and saw my stuff saved, ill be pissed if it knocks me back a rank or something

Check the social club, if you character is still there then you should be good to go when you get back on.

Pain

Banned
PS3 matchmaking is timing out. I'll try again later.

How can Rockstar fuck up this bad? What exactly is the problem here? Not enough servers?

Wow, some pretty high levels out there. I thought I was pretty high. In the last day of playing I saw maybe one or two people who were my same level or a couple higher (I was 25-27), but my first mission today I'm playing people who are 35, 46, and 62.

edit: Also, is money shit for every mission now? Just finished a level 25 and only got $2,000 for it.
saw a guy at 96 and another at 110 on Thursday. Madness

Static Jak

Worked all day yesterday for me on the PS3.

While today I can't get in at all. I suppose the servers just can't handle the extra bump in players trying to connect on a Saturday.

Plasmid

Does anyone know if playing on a temporary character can become your main character? I have no character on the social club site.

So I got kicked today after my first mission, though I did kill another player intentionally.

Is there no place for a Dark Souls lover like me who just wants to grief people sometimes?

ace3skoot

PS3 In the UK, got online with a few friends, its fine in free roam, but no one can load up any missions, it just says download failed and no one can play, plus the occational infinate load screen.

The potential is there, just hanging out in cars and causing mayhem, robbing shops is fun, but we really need some more stuff to do, being lower level without being able todo missions there just isn't that much open to do :p

Top Bottom