• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

RS4-

What would be cool is if you steal an armored truck, but you don't show up as a blip on the radar. Then you can take out other players who are trying to rip you off.

Dragoshi1

anyone having trouble getting into online via PS3 version?
I was able to get on like 7hours ago, and now nothing

Same, keep getting Timed out messages, and I have to quit to the XMB in order to restart the game, as pressing X when it says to do so does nothing.

Mik2121

anyone having trouble getting into online via PS3 version?
I was able to get on like 7hours ago, and now nothing
Check this whole page. No, nobody on PS3 can connect yet. It seems the 360 servers are up, though.

Come on rockstaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr

Revven

I played a bunch yesterday with some of my friends. When this online works, damn is it fun. I'd say it's more fun than RDR's online and I played that for almost 2 years straight.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I think it's between 23-26. I don't quite remember.
I got the gang thing at either 18 or 19 and lester called me about the armored trucks at 20.

I guess I'm wrong. I don't see the option to hit RT for restart at the job completion screen and assumed they took it out. I know for sure that you can't do replay from the mission vote menu though.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't work at the vote screen. But you do it the screen before, although they don't show an option for it, you just need to know to do it.

Ohwiseone

Installed the patch.

It's stupid how much faster the online is than it was yesterday.

I had to create. A character again, but I never did anything previously so I am not that upset about it.

I'm on 360

J4g3r

So you can still replay missions by pressing R2?

I'm a little confused, I missed out on the whole money hoarding situation.

breakfuss

"annnnd it hurts every heartbeat", lolol. This song seems to play the most for me while I'm online. Anyway, when the online is actually working, it's brilliant. Loving it. And I foresee R* making bank on the microtransaction stuff because I was at it for a few hours and only have a couple of thousand to show for it.

Oh man it sounds like PS3 and Xbox 360 have a common choke point at rockstar servers

PS3 version worked near flawless for me yesterday after patch

Been trying for 30-60 mins without success to log in it feels like an hour but that may be my GTAO addiction from yesterday LOL

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So you can still replay missions by pressing R2?

I'm a little confused, I missed out on the whole money hoarding situation.

Yes. At the mission completion screen where everyone votes like or dislike, instead of hitting continue, hit R2.

Gorillaz

RDR was a gank fest. I hated it. Gta v is great though.
This is also a gankfest but there a more fun trade offs

So the PS3 servers are down? I think they are going back and forth between the 2 consoles and doing mantainence

completely mispelled that but whatever, hungover

This is also a gankfest but there a more fun trade offs

So the PS3 servers are down? I think they are going back and forth between the 2 consoles and doing mantainence

completely mispelled that but whatever, hungover

I hope thats the case

My fear is that there is a chokepoint due to a common access point at rockstar servers.

There is a single shared database of social club players after all.

Would be nice if R* kind of told us when they were going to bring shit down.

I don't mind it being down if they are fixing and adding shit.

Xamdou

Did anyone else get stuck at the Lost Santos Customs mission where you customize your first private car? I did that mission twice and can't leave the stupid shop.

Tevious

Servers down for me too (PS3). Was having fun with the army helicopter, grappling cars and dropping them on/near people. Servers cut out when I was sniping this asshole who shot my copter down.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
For you all that are having deleted characters have you checked the social club site to see if your character is there?

If it is it isn't deleted per say just not available on whatever part of their thunderstorming cloud you are located in. If it's on social club I won't start freaking out and wouldn't create another one.

idonteven

For you all that are having deleted characters have you checked the social club site to see if your character is there?

If it is it isn't deleted per say just not available on whatever part of their thunderstorming cloud you are located in. If it's on social club I won't start freaking out and wouldn't create another one.

was there in social club before servers went down now hes gone from social and ingame

edit:just checked again and now hes back

Fergie

Banned

How do you check if the character is on social club? Thanks.

I'm pissed I modded up a car all nice like than some guy stole it and it ended up getting impounded. All the wheels are busted up so I can't make it to a LS customs

Mik2121

Servers for PS3 been down for over an hour. Too bad, because the game worked flawlessly earlier today and yesterday. I thought we'd be safe, but it seems I was wrong.
Hopefully the timed out errors stop soon.

E92 M3

I'm just resisting the urge to play until everything gets resolved -- because this character losing business is atrocious.

I feel bad for you guys that lost hours of playtime.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Are these coop missions ? They sound interesting.

They just pop up around the world. Interestingly enough, if another player runs in during a gang war, you can't shoot them. Some guy that was trying to kill me ran in and I couldn't shoot him until after I killed all of the gang members.

Has anyone figured out what causes the error message "Online services have been disabled on your account" when trying to upload pictures? I could upload pictures fine in the singleplayer before Online launched, then I had troubles uploading pictures in Online with that message, went back to singleplayer last night and got the same message when I tried to upload pictures. :/

Top Bottom