• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Mononoke

Banned
I'm wondering if my friend lost all his stuff, because we always played in my hosted session. I wonder if you are hosting your own session, you won't lose your shit. But if you join someone else's, then the wonky servers lose it. I mean, my friend lost all 10 hours yesterday, and he was in my room. I have everything (minus my new cars and the last hour i played).

eival

the thing with RDR is that it sold 13 million, GTAO sold 20 million so far

thats the lifetime total including Undead Nightmare.

it only sold 2 million the first week, after 2 months it was still under 3 mill on each platform, so about 6 mil

this game sold 20 million its first week.

that lifetime total including the Undead Nightmare.

it only sold 2 million the first week across both 360 PS3, after 2 months it was still under 3 mill on both platforms

this game sold 20 million its first week.

good point

day 1 sales was what 3 times GTA IV

I think it took them by surprise

yeah hopefully you dont lose all your progress like I did

sounds like they slowed people down to gradually unlock cool stuff over 100 levels

Yeah, I hope I don't lose it. I like the way it's set up. It feeling more like the SP game. The 'unlocks' come as new contacts and new missions. It feels like there is good progression. Every few leves you get a really cool upgrade or mission to play.

Pompadour

I did one of those premium vehicle missions for Simeon in free roam and the room kicked me right as I was driving it into his garage.

The server issues I can understand but these design decisions blow my mind.

eival

has anyone found gang hideouts?

it sounds like what RDR had but they arent marked on the map

QFt4jFu.jpg

Lucid07

has anyone found gang hideouts?

it sounds like what RDR had but they arent marked on the map

I did one the other night with another player. It is pretty much what RDR was, I can't remember if we had to go into a blue circle or the other player just started shooting at them (I was looking away from the screen).

Sounds like PS3 may be working now?

They unlock at rank 18 or 19 i think. They appear as a red zone on the map

Are you sure we were both around 4-5.

Well I got into my apartment but I can't leave to start a mission.

How do I invite people over? If it's down we need to get all the Ps3 player in my crib drinking whiskey.

hold back then if you are in your apartment/garage a choice will show up as invite

to apartment then choose who u want to invite .

Imm0rt4l

I did one the other night with another player. It is pretty much what RDR was, I can't remember if we had to go into a blue circle or the other player just started shooting at them (I was looking away from the screen).

Sounds like PS3 may be working now?

Are you sure we were both around 4-5.

can anyone else confirm? Was working perfectly much ealier today.

-Deimos

I tried to initiate a gang attack, but the area was almost empty. I told one of my lower level friends to look out for gangsters and when he killed one, nothing happened. I killed a few myself, but still nothing.

I only ever participated in one gang attack when I came across another player finishing off his attack. I got one or two kills and no loot.

Um, so what do I do in Online after respraying my personal car at LSC?

You'll get a text for another job in a little bit which starts a team deathmatch, then after that a bunch of jobs and activities open up on the map that you can choose to do (or not do).

Does anyone know where on the map I can find an ATM? I don't like carrying around all this cash.

XAL

Been trying to log into GTAO since it launched on US PS3....still no luck getting past the loading of the first tutorial.

:(((((

Falt

Does anyone know where on the map I can find an ATM? I don't like carrying around all this cash.

Hold back/select, bring up your interactive menu. Quick gps route: atm.

Or... you can use the internet on your phone. Go to money and services, select maze bank and deposit your cash.

Kane1345

You'll get a text for another job in a little bit which starts a team deathmatch, then after that a bunch of jobs and activities open up on the map that you can choose to do (or not do).

Use the internet on your phone and go to the bank there and deposit. Don't need at ATM :)

EDIT: Beaten with a bat

eival

so apparently when you buy apartments you get billed for electricity which can get shutoff? lol

i remember seeing a website on the phone browser that was talking about consolidating your bills and maybe giving you a loan.

kinda glad my apartment disappeared then, im good with the $50 for the mechanic

Hold select and then put the quick GPS to ATM, it is a lot easier and lot less risky to go to the Maze Bank website on your phone and deposit money via that.

Zafir

Finally managed to play it a bit today on 360.

The frame rate really doesn't help the city races. Crashed out at the start because my game dropped to what seemed like 10 FPS and everyone ran into me, managed to recover and got back to 2nd, but still annoying. Everyone seems to vicious in races as well, just crashing into you instead of driving round... Mind you, it is GTA...

Deathmatch is hit and miss, some maps are nice, others aren't designed that great. Auto aim kind of makes it more like a game of hide and seek though.

I also learned not to choose the Sanchez in the dirt race, it's just asking for someone to run over you and make your life hell.

Gorillaz

Still down here too US/PS3

I got my 2 characters still intact so I'm still happy about that at least. I can wait a few hours for it to fix itself

GQman2121

Banned
Realized last night that SUVs seem to be worth nearly $7,000 at the chop shop. Too bad the game seems to be on time out right now, and probably will be all weekend, because I'd like to play.

Arcteryx

Realized last night that SUVs seem to be worth nearly $7,000 at the chop shop. Too bad the game seems to be on time out right now, and probably will be all weekend, because I'd like to play.

$9000 for the Range Rover looking one. Definitely one of the easier ways to make money as a low level character.

Was about to jump, found the view nice.

0_0.jpg

PSN: Acebaldwin

Add me GAFfers
Fair warning but I died jumping from that roof into the water below in single player. Some kind of tear in the fabric of space time that made me free-fall and pancake to my death at the water's surface 20 feet below rather than gracefully dive the small distance.

*shrugs*

Sooooo... Is this working yet ?

An interesting question my friend asked me is it is possible for him to return the game and get a refund as the product is "broke" and he cannot play it fully ?
Would love to know the answer to this too. Haven't been able to play yet. Just tried patching from 1.01 to 1.02 and got my first hard lock. Poor show, still. edit. And again. Guess I'm done with GTA V for this weekend.

Top Bottom