• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

EGOMON

I thought i was the only one who can't get into a session been trying for 2 hours now, i got pissed and left i don't think am going to play this shitty game again

MAX PAYMENT

Wow online is so broken. Me and my buddy played 10 hours yesterday together. When he woke up this morning, he wen from rank 15 all the way back to his original rank. He lost all his money. Basically all 10 hours we did yesterday weren't saved. He wasted an entire day. However, for some reason when I booted up this morning, my character kept the rank, and I ended up with MORE money then when I quit. It makes no fuckin sense.

What sucks is, my muscle cars I made my personal cars, are no longer there. And the first vehicle I made mine (which I sold for $10k) - is now my car again. This is making me scared to even play, how do I know what saves and what doesn't save.

This is exactly how I lost a little over $100,000

Saganator

$9000 for the Range Rover looking one. Definitely one of the easier ways to make money as a low level character.

You can only do it once per in-game day, though. The Patriot (Hummer) nets 7k, which is a bit easier to find than the Range Rover. Where is the best place to find the Ranger Rover? I figured Vinewood, but best I could do was the BMW looking SUV.

Made good money with a dude replaying races and gaming the betting system. Anyone else notice the rewards go up the more you do? Is that what JP is for? We just repeated Under the Bridge (I think) on 1 lap for a couple hours, at the start winner would get $3600 but by the time we stopped it was $4100 a pop. Got about 85k in a couple hours. Not something I'd want to do all the time, but it was nice just driving fast cars and shooting the shit on voice chat.

eival

What garage though as they all have prices on the site?

i bought the cheapest one at 25k when i had enough, i didnt know about it being free.

im guessing you could order any of the 2 car ones, but maybe you still need the cash as well, it just wont charge you, idk

Saganator

I did violent duct yesterday after patch, psn people on stream was able to repeat it, I couldn't. How are people doing this?

I think if you press R2 at the end it does quick repeat or something

oh and I've been timing out all morning on PS3, but just tried Solo and its working fine, my dude is chilling in the shitty apartment I bought him last night

Arcteryx

I did violent duct yesterday after patch, psn people on stream was able to repeat it, I couldn't. How are people doing this?

On PS3 if you vote and then hold R2 it will say "Restarting" and then immediately load back to the mission. Guess it's a quick way of replaying a mission, but it supposedly was going to be patched out.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't even connect to online today... just have to laugh at this point.

manhack

Been trying a few times a day since GTAO launched including today and i have not made it into the game. This is just stupid at this point. Oh well i enjoy the single player still need to finish the campaign.

Same. I bought a mask and repeatedly tried to remove it from the inventory menu. It does not work.

Try putting on Glasses or a Hat. Usually when you put something new on that messes with something you're already wearing, it overrides what you're currently wearing.

Fair warning but I died jumping from that roof into the water below in single player. Some kind of tear in the fabric of space time that made me free-fall and pancake to my death at the water's surface 20 feet below rather than gracefully dive the small distance.

*shrugs*
I actually jumped the other way like it was intended.
KuGsj.gif

Parachuted my way into the city, it was great.

Revven

Did Rockstar even say they were going to work on fixing any issues over the weekend? Or, respond to any issues that may occur? I get the feeling we won't hear anything until Monday because it's a weekend.

Keep switching sessions to find at least ONE person who want to do a mission with me, but there are never any takers. What the hell is everyone busying themselves with?? Lol come on!! I have sent out countless invites but nobody bites. Can't be a server/connection/cloud issue can it?

Arcteryx

Noticed that some banks have a proper interior, and sometimes NPCs in them. Guessing they will unlock at some point in the future for robbing?

iN7J7Ks.jpg

If you visit them in SP you can actually go inside and they have open vaults, so yea they will likely be used for heists/missions in the future.

eival

If you visit them in SP you can actually go inside and they have open vaults, so yea they will likely be used for heists/missions in the future.

they were locked in SP

the only one i found was across the street from the LS Customs near Trevor's place

has any site broken down all the XP you earn from all the sports activities and what not?

i remember RDR had similar stuff of people diving into the minute differences of 1 gang hideout vs another and what not

Keep switching sessions to find at least ONE person who want to do a mission with me, but there are never any takers. What the hell is everyone busying themselves with?? Lol come on!! I have sent out countless invites but nobody bites. Can't be a server/connection/cloud issue can it?

Do a quick mission, then join mission, and you should be able to find decent people... after awhile.

GQman2121

Banned
Can someone explain how the betting works for parachuting and racing...etc? Not sure I'm clear on what I should expect to receive if I win.

What is the advantage in depositing money, as opposed to just carrying it around?
I seem to lose some when I die, either way :mad:

If another player kills you while you're carrying cash they take some of it from your body. If you have more than 5k, any more than 5k will be lost. That's why you gotta get somewhere safe and deposit into your bank acct quick after doing a good mission or selling a car.

I knew the servers would run into trouble today. First weekend, probably most people yet trying to get online. I guess I'll go solo and build a bankroll for a bit, hope my character stays intact.

Can someone explain how the betting works for parachuting and racing...etc? Not sure I'm clear on what I should expect to receive if I win.

There are odds displayed underneath your name, that tells you how much the payout is.

Future

Finally played top fun. Awesome idea. Dot know how the fuck to fly the jet properly. Just turning is an ordeal, and you are moving so fast that aiming while doing anything seems insane

Server issue most likely. Yesterday when I was able to play I'd get kicked when I would try to accept invites.

Arcteryx

they were locked in SP

the only one i found was across the street from the LS Customs near Trevor's place

Along the PCH(highway on the left side of the map) there is one you can enter and walk around in. Might be locked depending on time of day, but it has a bank vault and everything.

Been trying a few times a day since GTAO launched including today and i have not made it into the game. This is just stupid at this point. Oh well i enjoy the single player still need to finish the campaign.

Today was my first day on x360! Had a blast! I've been trying since day one!

As the general population of the game is still apparently unaware on how to restart missions now, any of you 360 gaffers want to run a few Violent Ducts on easy/hard lock?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Noticed that some banks have a proper interior, and sometimes NPCs in them. Guessing they will unlock at some point in the future for robbing?

iN7J7Ks.jpg

Ay, I thought the same thing earlier when I came across one. Hopefully they will use them for guests or at least more elaborate robberies.

Top Bottom