• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Mononoke

Banned
Is anyone having luck today? I'm only able to go into a solo session -- and even then, I'm not able to do any of the missions. It always goes to infinite loading screen. =/

malfcn

Just turned on, downloaded the patch (360)

I get a calibration screen, I already did that weeks ago)
When I click okay the game and console hardlock.

What the fuck.

Falt

Can anyone confirm the method that hitting x to retry to log into the rockstar cloud server DOES work eventually?

I encounter that error more times than not when logging in. After a few (sometimes many) attempts it usually connects for me.

Plasmid

I encounter that error more times than not when logging in. After a few (sometimes many) attempts it usually connects for me.

I've been trying at least 100+ retries wih no avail. I'm beginning to think my router is fucking over my connection somehow.

GolazoDan

Woo, dunno what I did but I got my game working, tried some online earlier. Amazing intro as I did the race (just me and Lamar, smoked him), then immediately after Lamar told me to go somewhere. I got in a car and in the cutscene had been paired with some random dude. Tearing down the street at a high speed, my brother dares me to bail so I do, the car goes flying into a tree. I run away and the guy (now driving) chases after me. Fire a few shots at him but he runs me over, doesn't kill me. Tries again but somehow I turned into a ghost cam. All the humans in the world disappear and I'm firing a gun somehow. A motorbike drives past but there's nobody on the back. Then I fall through the world a few times. Then I respawn under the world. Then it restarted that cutscene from a minute earlier.

After that I paired up with another randomer, went to a clothing shop. While we're customising our looks a car spawns in the corner of the ceiling and fucking freaks out before suddenly appearing outside the shop, COMPLETELY fucked up. Somehow it's driveable so I nicked it and chose it as my car.

Then I did a 3 on 5 Last Man Standing match (dahfuq) and I killed their entire team. I benefited from lock on shooting there but it still didn't seem fair.

Anyone on 360 wanna roll later? I'm in the GAF crew (reppin' the GAF shirt!) but my gamertag's GolazoDan for anyone really.

JambiBum

I finally got in on 360 today before work and actually had a pretty good time. I needed to get my car from the impound so I stole another car to get myself there. I drove by some cops and had them end up chasing me. I couldn't get my car out so I ran around the back of the building and happened to find a guy driving his car. He saw that I was getting chased so he stopped and let me in. He drove away and the cops eventually stopped looking for me. I had no way of telling him that I needed to go back so I jumped out of the car while he was driving. I jumped at a bad time and flew into the back of a parked car. Hurt myself pretty badly. He thought that I did it on accident so he backed up to pick me up and accidentally ran me over. I died and when I spawned I had some money from the guy.

It's pretty fun once you can actually play. Playing is the issue though.

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah, I'm on PS3 and I can't do jack shit right now. At least I can log in to a solo session and my character is being saved. But I can't even do single missions. So all I can really do is just rob liquor stores and run from cops. =/

Yeah, I'm on PS3 and I can't do jack shit right now. At least I can log in to a solo session and my character is being saved. But I can't even do single missions. So all I can really do is just rob liquor stores and run from cops. =/

Yup, same on 360, and that gets fucking boring, fast.

Seems to be working for 360, first time I tried to play online again since tuesday. Got into a 16 man race fast with no problem other than the face that I got third in a race when I don't know how lol I should have been last.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Going solo isn't too bad. If you can get Simion to text you the types of cars he's looking for you can do that, take one of the Landcruiser looking things to Los Santos every 45 minutes or so for 9k, and like you said rob stores.

Best of all don't have to worry about random idiots chasing you all over the map. If I'm not playing with crew members I would much rather just be playing solo.

How? I'm baffled by the ability of people getting in and the large amounts of people being kicked out.

WHAT THE SHIT now my rockstar social club account is BLANK.

dios mio

The only trouble I ever had was getting through the tutorial race, and I've played about 7 hours since yesterday with no problems. It might have something to do with the free Gold weekend for XBL. Probably a lot of people trying to get in.

I finally played the multiplayer, after almost 5 days from its launch. I was kept getting stuck on the first race mission. Anyways, this is definitely going to keep me until next gen console launch, tons of shit to do.

Anybody know when the Windows Phone and Android version of the App coming out?

Mononoke

Banned
Going solo isn't too bad. If you can get Simion to text you the types of cars he's looking for you can do that, take one of the Landcruiser looking things to Los Santos every 45 minutes or so for 9k, and like you said rob stores.

Best of all don't have to worry about random idiots chasing you all over the map. If I'm not playing with crew members I would much rather just be playing solo.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I already have that text. I guess I'll do that for now. But I can't do actual Simeon or Gerald missions. But the one you mentioned is you just go around and find cars and drop them off. So yeah. I'll go do that.

EDIT: I actually always play either solo session or closed friend session. So I'm not mad that I'm limited to this mode. Just mad that I can't actually do solo missions either. The servers are so messed up. But yeah, I stopped playing the open world session because people kept killing me. I'll only do it if i want to play team deathmatch or those missions where it's last man standing. Those are fun.

Last night someone invited me (at level 12) to a mission for like level 35 (this guy was 39). We finished in 5 minutes and each got $25,000.

It was a friend of a friend, and they hadan XBL party with 2 groups running the same mission over and over with spare room. 4 man mission, had to fly a plane to the military base, blow up some jets, and escape in a helicopter. My friend that joined in along with me (level 6) thought we were holding them back and convinced me to go back to stuff at our level. If I'd stayed for just a few more runs I'd have the money for an apartment.

Mononoke

Banned
Last night someone invited me (at level 12) to a mission for like level 35 (this guy was 39). We finished in 5 minutes and each got $25,000.

It was a friend of a friend, and they hadan XBL party with 2 groups running the same mission over and over with spare room. 4 man mission, had to fly a plane to the military base, blow up some jets, and escape in a helicopter. My friend that joined in along with me (level 6) thought we were holding them back and convinced me to go back to stuff at our level. If I'd stayed for just a few more runs I'd have the money for an apartment.

There a level 37 mission that is getting people $1 million an hour. So high levels are already exploiting this game. I don't understand how they are doing it, given that patch patched out replay. But people were doing it this morning. But at this point, the money/economy thing is a joke. People have already farmed/exploited the game to be far ahead of everyone else with cash. And now they can just freely make money using the stock market.

MavFan619

Banned
I guess the rule of thumb is don't even attempt playing this during the day. Last night played for hours no problems. It's a mess against right now though.

Annnd my online's broken again. It keeps saying it can't connect to matchmaking servers.

Edit: Oh looks like the servers are all down. God this is such a fucking awful launch.

Ploid 3.0

The absolute best thing about this online stuff is my stock in SP just keeps rising and rising, with no need for me to collect. I put in 20mil each and now I got a 441.16% return on the investment...

Michael along got $90,352,688 profit.

Seeing a lot of tweets about timing out. Nothing from Rockstar's twitter accounts since last night. Not very confident of this being fixed in a timely manner.

Gorillaz

US/PS3 verision

I can get in easily under solo/private lobby but going from that in to an open one gives me timed out messages

Tho I got a few things for the girl so far, guy one having a hard time loading
0_0.jpg

dat american muscle tho.....

E92 M3

There a level 37 mission that is getting people $1 million an hour. So high levels are already exploiting this game. I don't understand how they are doing it, given that patch patched out replay. But people were doing it this morning. But at this point, the money/economy thing is a joke. People have already farmed/exploited the game to be far ahead of everyone else with cash. And now they can just freely make money using the stock market.

Nothing like a freshly broken economy before the game is even stable. I'm sure the people that managed to play and exploit will benefit the most once R* fixes it and everyone else will have to play along by the new rules.

Randdalf

I played for about an hour or two thanks to the free Gold weekend... can't really say I'm that enthused by it, I definitely feel as though it plays "worse" somehow compared to the main game; perhaps a reduced frame rate or something. I thought this was going to be more focused on doing co-op missions, which are definitely there, but I'm not really interested in the PvP stuff other than having fun in free roam. I played one mission, Crooked Cop, which seemed like something that would be cool in a concept stage, but in practice just wasn't really that good at all.

eival

found this spot in the Industrial surival, might work well with the free sawed off - NVM it sucks

0_0.jpg

still trying to get up on top of either of the 2 feeders

Aenima

I'm just grateful my character isn't being deleted. I've already gone through that 5 times. I can't take it again.

Same here. Finaly my character i made yesterday is still up and running today and even have his stats in social club website now.

Earlier today i could play without flaws, i think servers are overloaded probably because weekend. So i can also only log in solo. Robbed all stores and sold some cars, crashed a helicopter and got bored. :p Cant start any missions for now. But at leaste is nice we can still free roam even if alone :p

Trigger

I wish I could do some activities solo online. lol, I know the whole point is to play with other people, but sometimes I just want to take my character for a cruise and do something else besides shooting or racing.

Bummed, a bunch of my friends are in and I'm not able to get on. Looked like I was going to be able to get in, but then again got the timeout error as soon as the mode was about to begin.

Oddly, mine was running very well last night and earlier this morning before the 10:45 EST apocalypse where it started going down for all.

And, yeah, I am grateful that my character has not been erased, too. That's an improvement I suppose.

Top Bottom