• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

erawsd

There a level 37 mission that is getting people $1 million an hour. So high levels are already exploiting this game. I don't understand how they are doing it, given that patch patched out replay. But people were doing it this morning. But at this point, the money/economy thing is a joke. People have already farmed/exploited the game to be far ahead of everyone else with cash. And now they can just freely make money using the stock market.

I'm more impressed that people have made it to lvl 37 without losing a character. This is the first day I've played and I've already loss 2 characters...

border

It's hilarious to think that just a couple weeks ago people were saying that delaying the Online modes till 2 weeks after launch was a genius strategic decision to prevent people from selling their copies back to Gamestop, rather than simply evidence that online was completely unfinished and not ready to launch.

I wonder how many people have given up on this janky garbage and sold the game back. I feel like I'm out of interesting things to do in single player mode. Stole a jet for the first time last night, but quickly realized there's not much you can do with them.

Imm0rt4l

There a level 37 mission that is getting people $1 million an hour. So high levels are already exploiting this game. I don't understand how they are doing it, given that patch patched out replay. But people were doing it this morning. But at this point, the money/economy thing is a joke. People have already farmed/exploited the game to be far ahead of everyone else with cash. And now they can just freely make money using the stock market.
Dat meta-commentary tho

jacobs34

If you have four people in a party it's still pretty easy to grind Vile Duct. After the mission is over just like it, then click RT to restart the mission. You can replay the mission five or six times, then once you get kicked back to free mode just call Gerald. With four people there's a good chance of you getting Vile Duct as a mission.

Are the PS3 servers still down? really? It's been down for the entire day...
Nah, I've been playing some today but mostly solo. When I got on again a second ago (solo) I'd lost about half an hour's ranking up (half hour of about an 8 hour session so I guess I got lucky) and my 'personal' car.

US/PS3 verision

I can get in easily under solo/private lobby but going from that in to an open one gives me timed out messages

Tho I got a few things for the girl so far, guy one having a hard time loading
0_0.jpg

dat american muscle tho.....
I was hoping you'd be able to do wheelies on the Sabre if you buy the wheelie bars.

Stole a jet for the first time last night, but quickly realized there's not much you can do with them.

Bullshit. You lack creativity my friend. I spent a solid 45 minutes "collecting bounties" with my jet. When there weren't any to collect I'd kill police and choppers until more bounties popped up. I had littered the streets with chopper debris. It was awesome.

Ploid 3.0

Thats been almost everyone bro....

I was just about to reply to this with, "Ah that's why I can't load a mission," then it loaded before I could type. This was my second time trying to load one mission. It would be nice if I could repeat the mission to not have to redownload, ROCKSTAR!

border

Bullshit. You lack creativity my friend. I spent a solid 45 minutes "collecting bounties" with my jet. When there weren't any to collect I'd kill police and choppers until more bounties popped up. I had littered the streets with chopper debris. It was awesome.

You can do this in single player? I haven't been able to get online reliably.

You can do this in single player? I haven't been able to get online reliably.

I thought you were referring to online. It's a shame people haven't had the luck I've had. I've been playing since release with no issues of character deletion or anything like that.

eival

HOT TIP

If you haven't already - Sandy Shores Survival

Play 1 player
Hide behind the dumpster in the garage - it's the only defensive position.

I've only made it to wave 9

14K each run

I'm sure they will nerf this so get on it.

where is the garage? i dont see any in this area, unless you're talking about this spot

0_0.jpg

which i wouldnt use cause both the blue and white bins can be moved by just bumping into them and isnt that safe

if anything, the roof on that building is the best spot, unless you walked somewhere else?

where is the garage? i dont see any in this area, unless you're talking about this spot

0_0.jpg

which i wouldnt use cause both the blue and white bins can be moved by just bumping into them and isnt that safe

if anything, the roof on that building is the best spot, unless you walked somewhere else?

Yeah, I looked around that area too and couldn't find a garage. I found a semi-decent place to hide, but still only got to round 5

Some asshole shot me as I walked out of Ammunation, so I naturally chased him down and riddled him with bullets, with his car blowing up in the process. Then I get a warning about being a bad sport, because I blew up a car owned by another player. They really designed freemode for crybabies, I swear. Another time, similar thing happened, except this time, I took the guy's car and dumped it in the river. Whereupon I got charged the insurance fee.

Plasmid

Can't load up the god damn cloud servers, can't have a fixed character on the website.

I'm done with this shit until they at least get their own god damn cloud servers working

/RAGE

eival

Yeah, I looked around that area too and couldn't find a garage. I found a semi-decent place to hide, but still only got to round 5

theres this garage by the firehouse which doesnt have anything to hide in, but i guess you could use it to lure them towards and pick them off

0_0.jpg

wow wait, the mission area isnt even in that direction

Some asshole shot me as I walked out of Ammunation, so I naturally chased him down and riddled him with bullets, with his car blowing up in the process. Then I get a warning about being a bad sport, because I blew up a car owned by another player. They really designed freemode for crybabies, I swear. Another time, similar thing happened, except this time, I took the guy's car and dumped it in the river. Whereupon I got charged the insurance fee.

Yes, this has happened to me too. Destroying another player's making you a bad sport is lame. Isn't that why we have insurance in the first place?

Aenima

PS3 has been down the entire day so far for me...hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Im in europe and played well in the morning and a bit of afternoon, now i can enter by some or private session and do stuff in free roam alone, but cant start or join missions.

Weekends and rockstar... i dunno why they dont invest in more servers, i guess when xbox got patched lots of new players cold start playing so all whent to hell.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm more impressed that people have made it to lvl 37 without losing a character. This is the first day I've played and I've already loss 2 characters...

I know right? I don't understand how some people have gotten so lucky. All the hassle most of us have been through. Insane people have been able to play so much during all this, to get to level 37 in the first place. Ridiculous.

Zep

Banned

If you're talking about the one where you need to be Lvl 15, theres a rooftop you can climb and won't get catch any gunfire(while crouched), until the helicopters show up.

Jomtos

Neo Member
Update -- 3:00 PM ET 10/5/13:

GTA Online on PS3 has been down for part of today and we have been working with Sony to stabilize connection on that platform as quickly as possible. We are also very aware of the continued issues with loss of characters, money, rank, and items, and are focused on identifying the root causes and resolving the issue for players. More updates on that topic will be posted here: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartment...

Source

Derrick01

Banned
Me and a friend played last night for a few hours, it was pretty fun if not a bit basic but we're still low level. So the missions that are represented as a star on the map, are those just different multiplayer modes while the jobs you get texted are basically real missions?

Top Bottom