• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

0_0.jpg

The aftermath trying to pick up a random players car with the army heli.

Mononoke

Banned

Kind of insane they are barely just acknowledging this. It's been a problem from the very first date. Also there have been level 15 and even 20 characters that have been lost yesterday. I'm glad they are working on it, as IMO it's the most game breaking thing about online. Losing your progress is terrible.

PS3 servers are still down today too.

ckohler

Simple question:

Since helicopters are so easy to come by, is there any point in purchasing one? Also, if you buy one where will it be? I've yet to see an airport hanger property for sale. Just garages and apartments.

Ploid 3.0

I just got his fon call telling me that... also dunno what he means :p

In free roam a Red circle appeared on my map (big wide circle). When I entered it I was told to kill gang members and find loot in the crates. Maybe that has something to do with it. I didn't complete it though, seems like a glitch of something they will add later.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
In free roam a Red circle appeared on my map (big wide circle). When I entered it I was told to kill gang members and find loot in the crates. Maybe that has something to do with it. I didn't complete it though, seems like a glitch of something they will add later.

That's gang wars, nothing to do with Ron.

Just ran into a fellow GAFStreet crew member! They show up as a white dot with our crew official colour as an outline, fyi. Very cool.

Drove over to him/her, gave a quick two-honk as an acknowledgement, an got one back!

Was XBL name Falt IV, sent me a messge saying he was on-pursuit and apologized for not stopping. Was a cool moment! Friend request accepted.

If you see this here, as I'm not sure what your GAF name is, cheers man!

This is fucking bullshit. Had a level 13 character, tried to join a mission, game locked up and now my character is gone. I'm done with this game

Just ran into a fellow GAFStreet crew member! They show up as a white dot with our crew official colour as an outline, fyi. Very cool.

Drove over to him/her, gave a quick two-honk as an acknowledgement, an got one back!

Was XBL name Falt IV, sent me a messge saying he was on-pursuit and apologized for not stopping. Was a cool moment! Friend request accepted.

If you see this here, as I'm not sure what your GAF name is, cheers man!

you can join other crew members in the start menu.

Zep

Banned
This.

A lot of people are racing dirty, which I expected. It gets annoying.

Had some asshole shoot at me during a race yesterday. He just pulled over his car (because he wasn't going to win) and tried shooting up everyone driving by him. I still won but I would have been pissed if I lost the race because of it,.

Now crashing into people can't be helped, even if you're trying to drive clean. Especially with traffic/cops being involved.

No party system is brutal. Me and a friend finished a mission, both voted for free roam and got put into two separate sessions. Then when I tried to join his session from the Xbox dash I got errors and got kicked into single player. Wtf.

so does solo mode save your character online?

I cant play any jobs but when I quit game and load again, I see the correct character and $

but I dont know if thats a local save (that has to be verified online) or true online

Zep

Banned
No party system is brutal. Me and a friend finished a mission, both voted for free roam and got put into two separate sessions. Then when I tried to join his session from the Xbox dash I got errors and got kicked into single player. Wtf.

Try making a crew with just you and him and/or make sure you guys have the same settings when it comes to targeting/shooting.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to enjoy this, but even apart from the constant connection issues I'm having a hard time. Having to pay for everything just sucks the fun out of it. You die? Pay. Get caught by cops? Pay. Buy some shoes? Pay. Want a nice car? Pay. Want to keep your nice car? Pay. Car got destroyed? Pay. Passive Mode? Pay. Kill another player? You're a bad sport. Want a decent weapon? Grind and pay. Get killed by another player? Lose your non-banked money. No matter what you do, you will somehow get punished, either by having to pay a hefty fee, straight up losing money, having to pay ridiculous amounts of money (for most of the clothing options) or getting branded as a bad sport.

I would've loved to have had more freedom, or at least the ability to play it with friends without those stupid fees.

Me and a friend played last night for a few hours, it was pretty fun if not a bit basic but we're still low level. So the missions that are represented as a star on the map, are those just different multiplayer modes while the jobs you get texted are basically real missions?

Yep. You can also stumble upon gang territories in free roam that you can clear to get some rewards but you only get those when you're level ~20.
If you're on PS3 and you wanna do coop missions, I'm basically only doing this and free roam and I'm often missing players. Here's my ID : DarnellTurner

A lot of people are racing dirty, which I expected. It gets annoying.

Hey, it's GTA. Anything goes.

I'm surprised to see so many people dislike free roam with strangers. I think it's amazing. You have to think like a predatory animal, looking over your shoulders for other predators, defending your personal space/territory, hunting and being hunted.

The other day, I was in free roam and these two guys rolled up on me trying to cap me in a driveby. I shot back and killed the passenger, but only winged the driver. Now he started taking off and I was on his tail, eventually chasing him down and popping him too. Afterwards, I went back around and saw the passenger, and killed him again for trying me. Then I texted him "You come at the king you best not miss." This apparently made him angry and vindictive, so he came at me in a car again, but I took cover and was prepared for him, and riddled him with bullets. It was excellent.

eival

it appears the train colision/clipping glitch doesnt happen if you're facing the direct you're going and on the front engine.

Reule

Is there a way to like not pistol whip friends on accident? Every other time when my friends and I do a robbery, one of us goes to reload but end up busting the other in the head. We're in Free Aim lobby too.

Dug

Banned
Ahhh that was you!

We need to get together.

Also, it's annoying that everyone just crashes into each other in races. Why don't they just, I don't know, RACE?
But it's fun to hit the rear of someones car and have them spin out of control!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Me and a friend played last night for a few hours, it was pretty fun if not a bit basic but we're still low level. So the missions that are represented as a star on the map, are those just different multiplayer modes while the jobs you get texted are basically real missions?

Yup, pretty much.

Kane1345

Got back into PS3 UK but I cant access the friends list to invite anyone. My gf logged on to play with me and her character had been deleted -.-

Ardenyal

Yeah... PS3 online is working.

And the 2k bill on death is really annoying. Every asshat is just out to kill everyone.

Finally got through the the race today after trying each day and had some fun until my Xbox froze trying to accept an invite. Now I can't connect to the cloud servers.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yeah... PS3 online is working.

And the 2k bill on death is really annoying. Every asshat is just out to kill everyone.

I'm still getting the cloud is down message. Aaaaaand I got to character select, level 20 character is gone. I'm guessing, or hoping, that once the cloud is back up my character will be back.

Edit: Ok, just checked the social club site and he's still there.

malfcn

I don't get any parachute tips. First time it told me how to jump and open that's it.
And I suck at these jobs. Before I know it I am capped down instantly, on normal difficulty.

This time the tips came up again, but doesn't tell you how to land.
The air braking is pissing me off. It either does nothing, or I drop like a rock,

Played for a few hours today on the 360, had trouble connecting the first time but after that everything ran smoothly. Raced a lot and did some deathmatches.

I assume there's a GAF crew I can join?

Top Bottom