• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Got all the single player trophies out of the way, so I started the online mode today. Got to rank 6 and was enjoying it a fair amount before it shat itself and died on me. Came back to the game a few hours later and I was made to create a character all over again. All that progress lost. Is this a regular occurrence?

skynidas

Banned
Got all the single player trophies out of the way, so I started the online mode today. Got to rank 6 and was enjoying it a fair amount before it shat itself and died on me. Came back to the game a few hours later and I was made to create a character all over again. All that progress lost. Is this a regular occurrence?
You probably will get your character back when the social club servers get fixed.

RdN

Cloud is down for me (360).

My character doesn't show up.. So hopefully is just the servers acting up and I didn't lose everything.

So I had a level 13 character get deleted on me yesterday, but it reappeared after quiting GTA and reloading. As soon as I saw the character was gone, I quit. I didn't try to create a new character or anything.

Anyways, try to restart the game first before creating a new character. I don't think it will always work, but it's work the chance. Rewriting over that character slot will definitely make your character disappear permanently.

Kane1345

I'm still getting the cloud is down message. Aaaaaand I got to character select, level 20 character is gone. I'm guessing, or hoping, that once the cloud is back up my character will be back.

Edit: Ok, just checked the social club site and he's still there.

Where do I go on the social club site to see if a character still exists? My gf's char didnt appear selectable and I'd like to check if her character still exists.

Man, this thing is spotty. Whenever GAF is having a hard time signing in, I'm doing just fine. When I'm struggling, you're all playing. Weird.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Where do I go on the social club site to see if a character still exists? My gf's char didnt appear selectable and I'd like to check if her character still exists.

Just go to the page with all your singleplayer stats, bawsaq, etc. and to the right of the SP character portaits should be the portrait of your character that you can click.

Just had a VERY satisfying Route 68 race, first place. The drafting, is that what its called? Used it to my advantage and had to do a number of pit maneuvers to take some challengers out. Was intense!

Earned $6000!

Forsete

Me and my bro tried to play today (after many days of "cloud service offline" and deleted characters), but the missions would freeze upon loading.

Logged out, no point in playing this buggy POS.
Good thing SP was so solid.

GOTY status revoked.

Some people started joining my game, guess the servers are sputtering to life. One thing that is super annoying: people waiting to kill you as you leave the Los Santos customs. You're utterly defenseless and you have no idea if anyone's there. You should have like 5 seconds of invincibility as you're exiting.

carlos

Uh oh, my friends level 14 character just got deleted right now.

It should really be in the thread title or a must read sticky that any character disappearing is probably a temporary issue; as long as you don't create another character on that same slot, the missing character should return when the cloud is working.

So many of this type or complaints; just remember what I wrote above; no need to grind again, just stop playing for a while and be patient.

Just go to the page with all your singleplayer stats, bawsaq, etc. and to the right of the SP character portaits should be the portrait of your character that you can click.

My portrait is all black, but I have all the stats from my character, did I lose my character already ro I can still get back my character when the server is up? (I never checked my stats before...)

Mononoke

Banned
It should really be in the thread title or a must read sticky that any character disappearing is probably a temporary issue; as long as you don't create another character on that same slot, the missing character should return when the cloud is working.

So many of this type or complaints; just remember what I wrote above; no need to grind again, just stop playing for a while and be patient.

That's what I thought, buy my character that got lost never came back. I guess it's possible that if they figure out what the problem is, they can restore it. But I'm at at a point with my new character where I moved past that one, that I won't bother going back.

My portrait is all black, but I have all the stats from my character, did I lose my character already ro I can still get back my character when the server is up? (I never checked my stats before...)

From what we've seen I think you can expect to get your character back when the server is back up. But that's far from guaranteed.

Gorillaz

The 360 and ps3 are using the same server pool. Only thing that explains how one console is online and the other isn't.

Ps3 gets server privledges midday to morning
360 gets morning to midday

So on that note I'm going to capitalize on the moment and try to use my ps3 lol this is pretty bad man...

Ding-Ding

I think I am screwed again. Even on the social club site my character has disappeared. Lvl 18, with a 150k apartment with 6 cars, one of which is a Sandking just gone. My 50k is still there though even though I apparently have not played online.

This has gone beyond fucking stupid.

EDIT. The social site does tell me that I have earned 441k total

Simply waiting for another time works for some people but not all. I had my level 11 character deleted today. Tried restarting without making another character, nothing. Checked on the Social Club, my banked money is still there but the character doesn't exist. The only place on the entire website that still has info some-what relevant is when I check my Crew's online stats, it still tracks me as being Level 11. Other than that, nothing.

I'm not so confident that all cases of a deleted character are just temporary even if you don't create a new character over the same slot.

ckohler

Reposting question:

Since helicopters are so easy to come by, is there any point in purchasing one? Also, if you buy one where will it be? I've yet to see an airport hanger property for sale. Just garages and apartments.

Anybody know?

liftedly

I just selected my character (level 6), and was asked if I wanted to change my character's looks, "only opportunity to do so". I declined because I don't want to change it yet, did I just waste my only chance or will it reappear? :(

Ding-Ding

I just selected my character (level 6), and was asked if I wanted to change my character's looks, "only opportunity to do so". I declined because I don't want to change it yet, did I just waste my only chance or will it reappear? :(

I had the option again around lvl 12

Kane1345

Appreciate it. Her character isn't displayed there so I'm assuming its been deleted :/ ah well, guess we'll wait till its completely fixed before we play.

Dug

Banned

Note: When the Rockstar Cloud Services are unavailable, you are given the option to still play online on disc-based content (rather than R* Cloud content). You are asked to confirm before entering Multiplayer whether you would like to play on a temporary character, without the ability to save. If you confirm this option, please note that none of your old characters will be available for that play session, and the temporary character you create will not be saved. If you want to make sure the characters you create are saved, you should not proceed into GTA Online when the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable. Even if the services come back up while you are playing on a temporary character, that character will not save -- you would need to return to Single Player and re-enter GTA Online to load your non-temporary characters and resume playing with the ability to save progress.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartment

cdkee

Banned
So basically...you can mess around right, but there's really no point in playing if you want your stuff to save.

AReed

You know what's really stupid? All of the luxury apartments look exactly the same. Why bother paying $400,000 for the most expensive apartment when you can get the exact same thing for half the cost (including 10 car garage)?

Also, your character loses stats if you're offline for too long. Is R* trying to make all of us fail our classes?

Metalmarc

Yesterday, got online first time, won my first deathmatch, came third in the tutuorial race, and passed the pick up drugs mission, then afterwards the character deleted somehow

Today i couldnt get into the tutoiral again i assume either as the online was having problems or noone needed to enter the tutorial again. On the ps3

#gtaworldproblems

Edit noticed carlos post above, thanks dude.

zap

So I just tried to log on and my character seems to have been deleted. I have just checked the social club website and my stats have been wiped from there too.

I had played with the new patch and had an apartment and I was a level 20.

If I have lost everything I will be pissed.

Top Bottom