• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Mononoke

Banned
Eh, whatever... I wouldn't blow up random people's cars, but my friends and I get extreme joy from griefing each other when playing. It's one reason I think that R* should have a penalty-free free-roam. One that loads the world up with weapons and you can just mess around. It's lame that doesn't exist.

Very cool, did not know that. Do you know if you can still do the Simeon recovery quests and the car find missions?

I actually don't see a problem with blowing up others cars. I mean..if everyone is an enemy on a map, why wouldnt you be able to? You can kill people, so why not take out their travel ability as well.

much better the flow is actually leaps beyond 13.......probably my favorite since 11 plus blocking dunks is..... oh so good.

Owwwweee.. This is tempting. I want to get it for next gen but I'm fighting the urge to get it for current gen. I'm hype. I hate the lame Collison defense in 13 so much as well as the fake cotton ball dunk block. Hopefully that skill isn't exclusive to LeBron

Eh, whatever... I wouldn't blow up random people's cars, but my friends and I get extreme joy from griefing each other when playing. It's one reason I think that R* should have a penalty-free free-roam. One that loads the world up with weapons and you can just mess around. It's lame that doesn't exist.
my favorite moment from this game will forever be the first time i got into a cop chase with 2 of my RL friends; we had 3 or 4 stars, and they get into a car while i'm behind the wheel. i spot a gas station, gun the car towards it and leap out, leaving them both to be blown up with the entire gas station.

i laughed for like 20 minutes, mostly because after all that shit i still ended up getting away from that wanted level; on foot

So I just tried this last night with a couple friends. Why isn't there any flyable planes in the airports or helicopters in their usual places. I couldn't find any road bikes ora lot of the cars I like. It seemed like the same 4-5 cars would repeat over and over unless you drove to an entirely different part where there was another set of 3 that would be repeated over and over. I'm very confused by this

It's lame for beginners. The world is really controlled by how high your level is. Had the same thing happen, no planes spawned at the airport hwich was a real buzz kill. A lot of weird design decisions made by Rockstar on this.

As you get higher levels (or other people with higher levels are in your free roam), better cars show up and air craft. IT's weid tho

So with the cloud server issue, do you guys still have your money in your bank? Everything I had(including my character and any stats) is totally gone. I'm disappointed to say the least

It's different with your mates.

I pulled up in my brand new whip my friend climbs up on the roof and proceeds to pour petrol all over the car, I climb up and smack him on the top of the head with an Uzi he dies instantly.

I say fuck it and start the bonfire.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm a patient guy, but this is really beginning to piss me off now.

Turn on the PS3, and what a surprise. Rockstar Cloud Servers are down. Get to fuck.

I'm pretty patient too but we're approaching the 1 week mark and it hasn't gotten a whole lot better and consistent from day 1. If it wasn't for the Sim City debacle this would probably be well on its way to being the worst managed non-MMORPG online game ever.

Free aim is so much fun but at the sametime a huge disadvantage. Tell me how the ai aim= terminator one shot headkill it's rediculous. I accidentally killed a fellow a gaffer the other day due to the assisted aim I did returned the money to avoid any shady play

Flipyap

Passive Mode should be removed altogether. If you want to play with the world without the worry of being shot then create closed or solo sessions. In it's current state it's far too easy to abuse.
How about no.
Passive Mode in its current state is so situational, it might as well not be there already. It's only really useful when you want to go shopping.
It actually puts you at a disadvantage if you get into a drive-by situation while driving. You can still die, but lose the ability to protect yourself... excluding jumping out of the car, taking damage and potentially getting driven over, that's when you can try to look for a secluded area where the other player's car can't get to you. And then you're stuck there. That's some abuse.

You automatically go passive in stores so it's not necessary
No, you're just unable to defend yourself in stores. My head exploded just the same when some asshole ran past it with a shotgun.

cormack12

Gold Member
My car has disappeared and I have no insurance number in my mobile....

If I nick another one and take it to LSC will I get the free tracker and insurance again?

Very cool, did not know that. Do you know if you can still do the Simeon recovery quests and the car find missions?

You can do everything (I'm playing solo in friends only session so I assume that's the same). You can even start an activity and open it for everyone to join, and when you're done choose free roam and get back to your private session. I've been doing that since the GTA:O went live, no infinite loading, no character deletion, don't know if it's related or no.

breakfuss

So I just tried this last night with a couple friends. Why isn't there any flyable planes in the airports or helicopters in their usual places. I couldn't find any road bikes ora lot of the cars I like. It seemed like the same 4-5 cars would repeat over and over unless you drove to an entirely different part where there was another set of 3 that would be repeated over and over. I'm very confused by this

I think has to do with your level. Once I reached about level 5, helicopters, jets, nicer cars and biplanes all started to consistently spawn for me.

If I nick another one and take it to LSC will I get the free tracker and insurance again?

My car disappeared too and the insurance co doesn't show up. Oddly around level 5 or 6 I got a phone call frm SImeon saying "did you like the car I gave you?" or something, and so I thought maybe simeon gave me a new car.

It could be at the impound lot but I have no idea where that is.

breakfuss

My car disappeared too and the insurance co doesn't show up. Oddly around level 5 or 6 I got a phone call frm SImeon saying "did you like the car I gave you?" or something, and so I thought maybe simeon gave me a new car.

It could be at the impound lot but I have no idea where that is.

i dont think so. this happened to me and i had to pay for both tracker and insurance.

Yep, same thing happened to me (mentioned a few pages back). Apparently it's a bug. Just have to steal a new car and have it tracked/insured.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones

iwlf0uk.png

These server issues are totally unacceptable and I don't know if I can be bothered with this game any more.

putting out a little blog post or whatever telling people there's going to be issues doesn't excuse this mess.

cormack12

Gold Member
Cheers for replies. Don't think I'll bother insuring or modding yet until all these issues are sorted. Just going to accumulate as much cash as I can until the game is proper fixed.

Arcteryx

Again, there's an option for that. Make a closed session with friends and/or crew, or even a solo session.
I don't see the point of being the only guy in the room with passive mode while everyone else is doing what this game is about: crime and mayhem. You automatically go passive in stores so it's not necessary, and you can still get run over or shot while driving. And as mentioned in my other post, in its current state it's far too easy to abuse anyway.

Edit: somehow misunderstood the last sentence lol - watching football so I was a bit distracted. I guess that would be a decent middle ground. Would fragment the userbase even more though.

Not really. I've been shot multiple times in a store because you can shoot through the glass. Lots of fun browsing clothes and then getting riddled with bullets by someone outside.

They need either FF/FF-off rooms or a legit PvP flag system. This half-assed system sucks both ways(it can be exploited by either party to some extent).

Saganator

People you are not going to lose your character, just wait for the server to come back up (if it gives you the option to retry sometimes it works after that), try again, bam there is your character. Don't make a new character in the missing character's slot. Keyword missing, not deleted, and it will come back.

Timmy00

Guessing my dude is gone?

PEQgRgb.jpg

Yeah same thing happened to my friends. My guy disappeared for a while ingame but I still had his stats on the website. He's back now. My friends characters won't show up on the website at all and they still don't have their characters. You might have to assume the worst or just wait and hope your dude comes back. :/

Spasm

If you last long enough, you get the bounty for yourself actually...

How long? And does that apply to NPC bounties? I had a 7k bounty on me for jacking a parked car, and I went to Zancodu. Took me about 10 minutes to get in, and spent the next 20 flying around. Then I ditched above my garage and just kinda hung out there. Never had any indication I outlived the bounty.

Mononoke

Banned
Well, my stats are still showing up online for my character. And it's also gone when I try to log in. I'm just going to wait till later when the servers are back up.

DogMeat77

People you are not going to lose your character, just wait for the server to come back up (if it gives you the option to retry sometimes it works after that), try again, bam there is your character. Don't make a new character in the missing character's slot. Keyword missing, not deleted, and it will come back.

Not always true but you are correct about waiting for the cloud before making the judgement call.

EDIT: My current character is showing fine in the Social Club. From my experience of lost/deleted characters, if it shows in social club you are golden. If it only shows your bank amount... you are most likely effed. Just what I've noticed.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

So if you do the thing the game tells you to do it actually makes it worse?

good job, Rockstar.

JonCha

Weird, it's showing my guy but he's level 1 with only $1000. Shows how much I've spent in total though, and the hours played. So like semi-saved.

And a character has overwritten my main.

railGUN

Banned
Free aim is so much fun but at the sametime a huge disadvantage. Tell me how the ai aim= terminator one shot headkill it's rediculous. I accidentally killed a fellow a gaffer the other day due to the assisted aim I did returned the money to avoid any shady play

:lol

It's GTA man, shady play is the name of the game.

Saganator

So if you do the thing the game tells you to do it actually makes it worse?

good job, Rockstar.

I think they actually fixed temporary characters overwriting your actual character in the latest patch. Me, I would just keep retrying until it works.

Speaking of retrying. On PS3/US, been trying to get in for the past few mins. Kept telling me servers were down, then it gave me the option to retry, so I retry and it let me in.

MYeager

Can confirm. My friend was being a dick and shot out all my tires and windows. I raged out, and set his car on fire using the jerry can. Instantly I had to pay for the full insurance after it blew up.

Some guy kept killing me in free roam online so I jacked his ride. He tracked me down and tried to get it back but it ended with him blowing the car up. Thankfully I didn't have to pay the fine for that.

I also tried to still someone's car that was disappearing(?) and it ended up making me invisible. That was fun for a bit.

Top Bottom