• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
might have lost my character too. Tried to join up on Bob's mission, and it said "had to have a character who's done the tutorial.

My "first" character is there, but the 2nd one, the one I had been using, is gone.

FlopFlip

Neo Member
I just logged in for the first time today, my level 28 male character is now level 1 and a bald female showering in a random apartment. I didn't have an apartment last night when I logged out, my money is still the same and my cars, my guns and garage have dissapeared.

Guess I wont be getting my character back either? I did not create a new character at all and simply pressed down on the d-pad during single player to load my character and this is what I have?

tehPete

Banned
I've just been watching some videos of the Weasel News Police Chase TV you get in your apartment; it looks fun - can definitely see competitions for who can put on the best show in the future for that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MNZQEN8nJE (volume alert)

Is it possible to drive a car off've a cliff / jump and catch it with the cargobob?

daffy

Banned
Went to log on and my power button wouldn't work. Come to discover some asshole spilled water all over my xbox, it's been sitting in a puddle for two days.
SMFH. :/ what a shitbird. Not even a soggy post it note? I'd be done with human interaction after that imo

What then hell is this RockStar?

Again, why too protective of Player's property. If I can freely steal, wreck, and destroy an NPC's car with NO repercussion, why can't I do the same for a players?

If I want to kill GTAPLAYER1996, steal his vehicle and blow it up, I should be allowed. Non of this "This vehicle belongs to GTAPLAYER1995 you can not get in" crap. I shouldn't have to pay for his insurance fee. Its GTA for damn sakes. I shouldn't be considered a bad sport for blowing up his car! This is what this game is about!

Besides, not like you can't just pay a small amount and get your destroyed car back. -.-

No you shouldn't.

Griefing should have a price in all online games. Thankfully, GTA Online is one of the few games where there is one.

Wanna be a dick? Fine - be ready to pay for the privilege.

I just logged in for the first time today, my level 28 male character is now level 1 and a bald female showering in a random apartment. I didn't have an apartment last night when I logged out, my money is still the same and my cars, my guns and garage have dissapeared.

Guess I wont be getting my character back either? I did not create a new character at all and simply pressed down on the d-pad during single player to load my character and this is what I have?

Sounds like the cloud is misappropriating game data somehow? Someone at Rockstar cross the streams?

Reule

No you shouldn't.

Griefing should have a price in all online games. Thankfully, GTA Online is one of the few games where there is one.

Wanna be a dick? Fine - be ready to pay for the privilege.
I personally found it hilarious when someone blew up my car and I didn't have to pay the claim. It worked out especially since I had to get it repaired anyway so please blow it up when it's damaged, helps me out.

I can't remember which slot my level 22 that is now missing was in. I want to make a new one just to mess around with the creator but I'm afraid.

KAOz

Short bus special
Thanks but in the shop that sells them i get near the ties but the prompt to buy them doesn't come up.

Go for the Accessories table. The stuff on racks in Online is not what is shown. You can look at suits and all that is shown is "Hats",
Go to one of the small glass tables.

Also, putting this beta on hold now. Seems my rank 24 is gone forever. Oh well. Might jump back in sometime.

eival

i hate when im in the military base and the stupid textures and vehicles wont "load in"...oh but the Tanks sure as hell do

sn00zer

Fun messing with people in he open world then one on one dm'ing them, then go on a bunch of coop missions together...good shit

Future

How weird. Killing someone is cool, but their car is off limits.

Personally, I think it would have been cool if they kept track of your good/bad deeds and your dot slightly changed color accordingly. That way I know if that person I'm driving up on is at least willing to hang out without immediately shooting me in the face. Give a good reason to gang up on the assholes too.

That's an awesome idea. Separate true criminals from vigilantes and revenge killers. Get a record that shows up on your dot. That would be huge incentive not to be an ass, and give people justification to kill the assholes or get revenge when wronged. If they are an asshole, then revenge killers can take out the personal vehicle without paying the insurance as well

Mononoke

Banned
i hate when im in the military base and the stupid textures and vehicles wont "load in"...oh but the Tanks sure as hell do

Yep. The texture pop in is awful online, and sometimes it fucks you over. I've been in a high speed chase, where a divider wasn't there until I drove into it, and magically it appeared right as I was one inch from it. I've also noticed in missions, where your enemies won't always show up as red dots. So you will clear out all the red dots, go in for the coke and then some asshole pops up out of nowhere and wastes you.

Some things are just so inconsistent.

mr.anderson

Neo Member
FML. I just lost my char for the 4th time. This keeps getting annoying.
I'm just loosing the joy to play. Why going for the trouble if you need to keep starting from the beginning every couple days? Just hope Rockstar works that out once and for all and a compensation for all the hours we keep trowing away would be nice.

I personally found it hilarious when someone blew up my car and I didn't have to pay the claim. It worked out especially since I had to get it repaired anyway so please blow it up when it's damaged, helps me out.

Yep - it's pretty great. I wish other developers would take note of this kind of thing.

Team killing? Quitting early? Spawn camping? General exploiting? - well, let's just remove a couple of experience points, etc.

What bliss online would be.

OK, so team deathmatch matches to go. Does the game let you know you've finished it? Looks like there's more to go still. Thanks.

There's a specific one you have to go to. Gerald should send you a message about needing to "check out your gun skills" and then it'll give you a blue GPS route to the mission. I don't know if it will count if you just join any TDM match.

Cerilli

Neo Member
Do people know if you're watching them on your TV? Do they have some kind of notification?

I'm starting to feel creepy now...

Vashetti

Banned
Jesus christ racers in this game are dicks. If you get ahead of people they crash into you out of spite. Really fucking childish.

After reading this thread I appreciate how flawless the CoD servers are working, even on day one - no matter what you think about the game itself. I can't believe R* wasn't prepared for this, considering the online mode was released 2 weeks after launch AND doesn't even including key features like heists. I feel like we're playing the GTA:O beta, to say the least.

Agreed here. CoD games launch pretty much flawlessly... they have millions of players every title, and they release a new game almost every year increasing the odds one of them is shit.

Top Bottom