• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I have also just come on to find my character gone.

From reading around, people have been saying do not create a new character. It will overwrite the 'missing' character.
Our characters should still be there but may be inaccessible due to social club cloud issue.

Hopefully no-one has lost their character for good. I recommend you don't play for now and try again later.

If you have all your money in the bank can you still potentially lose cash if you die or has that been totally patched out?

If that is patched I will feel a lot less nervous about random free roam lol

Also did anyone get Richards majestic apartment 51 - I'm really curious what the view is like.

Mononoke

Banned
I have also just come on to find my character gone.

From reading around, people have been saying do not create a new character. It will overwrite the 'missing' character.
Our characters should still be there but may be inaccessible due to social club cloud issue.

Hopefully no-one has lost their character for good. I recommend you don't play for now and try again later.

You can create a new character, just don't do it on the same character slot as the one that is missing. It WILL override it. Also, if you check rockstar social club's website, and your stats are still up - that prob means ur character isn't really gone gone. Like as soon as servers are up, you should be able to hop on and play. Those that have their stats missing on the website, might have to wait even longer, as it can take a while to figure out the cloud stuff when characters get glitched out into that.

Basically, servers are down. So the majority of the people trying to get on now, won't have a character..because there is no server to bring it up. That's not really the same as those that have their character glitched out and lost because the cloud error stuff.

MYeager

Oh god, my level 15 character just got deleted. I hope he comes backs at the same time the servers do or I'm finish with this online crap.

From multiple other posts I'd assume the cloud servers are currently down. Do not create another character, wait for it to be up.

When I've played it tells me when the cloud servers are unavailable, does this message show up for everyone? Or does it not show up when you are already connected and online?

harrytang

From multiple other posts I'd assume the cloud servers are currently down. Do not create another character, wait for it to be up.

When I've played it tells me when the cloud servers are unavailable, does this message show up for everyone? Or does it not show up when you are already connected and online?

they down. i been hitting x to retry for about 30 min. thought it might be a short term thing. my buddy on party chat playing and doing missions. makes no sense.

MYeager

they down. i been hitting x to retry for about 30 min. thought it might be a short term thing. my buddy on party chat playing and doing missions. makes no sense.

He could be playing on a server that's still up or just playing with disk based content, if the latter then he may lose his progress when the cloud servers go back up. I just don't play while they're down so as not to risk it.

Semi related to online issues -

Is the offline BAWSAQ stock market driven by online play? I notice almost every stock in the BAWSAQ listings have taken a hit.

Would it be a good time to invest in Ammunation / other things now in GTAV before GTAO becomes more stable again?

sensui-tomo

my character is missing and missing on the main site yet i didnt make a new character, oh well i'll wait it out or get rockstar to fix it.

Taker34

Banned
After reading this thread I appreciate how flawless the CoD servers are working, even on day one - no matter what you think about the game itself. I can't believe R* wasn't prepared for this, considering the online mode was released 2 weeks after launch AND doesn't even including key features like heists. I feel like we're playing the GTA:O beta, to say the least.

dissapiontedphkqd.gif

bryanee

OK well I can get into the game just fine but everytime I log off its deleting my characters. I'm sick of this fucking tutorial.

People you are not going to lose your character, just wait for the server to come back up (if it gives you the option to retry sometimes it works after that), try again, bam there is your character. Don't make a new character in the missing character's slot. Keyword missing, not deleted, and it will come back.

Nope, I have the same problem and that's because of the Rockstar-Cloud being down.

rockstargamessocialclj8sad.png

This is not accurate. Some people get their players back, others do not.

Not always true but you are correct about waiting for the cloud before making the judgement call.

EDIT: My current character is showing fine in the Social Club. From my experience of lost/deleted characters, if it shows in social club you are golden. If it only shows your bank amount... you are most likely effed. Just what I've noticed.

The bold seems to be most accurate but it hasn't been verified. The best advice indeed is not to make a new character in the old characters Slot.

Telling everyone not to worry because their characters will return isn't accurate. Some characters have returned while others haven't. The wait and see for those whose characters haven't returned is whether or not Rockstar will be able to restore them at some point.

slash3584

After reading this thread I appreciate how flawless the CoD servers are working, even on day one - no matter what you think about the game itself. I can't believe R* wasn't prepared for this, considering the online mode was released 2 weeks after launch AND doesn't even including key features like heists. I feel like we're playing the GTA:O beta, to say the least.

dissapiontedphkqd.gif

I don't know much about servers and stuff, but does COD have dedicated servers? Last I heard it was P2P.

OK well I can get into the game just fine but everytime I log off its deleting my characters. I'm sick of this fucking tutorial.

That's why I didn't even bother to play it last night. I don't want to have to do that tutorial more than twice MAX. I'll hold off until I know things are stable.

Taker34

Banned
I don't know much about servers and stuff, but does COD have dedicated servers? Last I heard it was P2P.

I'm not the most tech savy one here but I don't think that this matters too much. I think several P2P based online games had rough starts and server problems... I'm not sure how it works and I could be totally wrong. BO2 has dedicated servers though, even on PS3/360 - which was discovered not too long ago.

Sectus

I think a few COD games have had dedicated servers on PC at least. Doesn't matter much when compared to GTA Online since that doesn't use dedicated servers anyway. It's all player hosted.

When someone blew up my personal vehicle by accident they had to pay for full insurance anyway.
What then hell is this RockStar?

Again, why too protective of Player's property. If I can freely steal, wreck, and destroy an NPC's car with NO repercussion, why can't I do the same for a players?

If I want to kill GTAPLAYER1996, steal his vehicle and blow it up, I should be allowed. Non of this "This vehicle belongs to GTAPLAYER1995 you can not get in" crap. I shouldn't have to pay for his insurance fee. Its GTA for damn sakes. I shouldn't be considered a bad sport for blowing up his car! This is what this game is about!

Besides, not like you can't just pay a small amount and get your destroyed car back. -.-

AHH its so frustrating having quality of gameplay determined by other players

Just did a mission to collect drugs, and the driver pulled up right in front of them, no cover, so we both instantly died. This is a level 18 guy.

He died first so he came back alive and I didnt.

Every game today has been with stupid players. And dont get me started on all these people with cars set to no other players can enter.

Ding-Ding

Something strange with social club stats.

New character turned lvl 9. Cloud was up & it saved. Then after, I found a high priority export. Just before delivering it (survived 3 attempted ambushes) the cloud packed up and everyone disappeared. It was the first export for this character.

However, the social club says I am a lvl 8 yet it does register the export. But the level change was before the export...

Mononoke

Banned
Is there a way to tell when PS3 servers are back up? There isn't a site that can tell us. So...i guess whenever people just start saying it? Wish there was a better way.

Moosehole

This is total shite. I am past the whole "par for the course", "this is to be expected" phase.

Lost a level 20 character yesterday, and now my level 10 character is in limbo.

At some point they have to stop being given a pass.

What then hell is this RockStar?

Again, why too protective of Player's property. If I can freely steal, wreck, and destroy an NPC's car with NO repercussion, why can't I do the same for a players?

If I want to kill GTAPLAYER1996, steal his vehicle and blow it up, I should be allowed. Non of this "This vehicle belongs to GTAPLAYER1995 you can not get in" crap. I shouldn't have to pay for his insurance fee. Its GTA for damn sakes. I shouldn't be considered a bad sport for blowing up his car! This is what this game is about!

Besides, not like you can't just pay a small amount and get your destroyed car back. -.-
I mean the insurance was $187, but I agree getting a bad sport rating for it is dumb.

Is there a way to tell when PS3 servers are back up? There isn't a site that can tell us. So...i guess whenever people just start saying it? Wish there was a better way.
When I went in a few minutes ago it said the cloud servers were down, but I retried once and it went through.

IMACOMPUTA

AHH its so frustrating having quality of gameplay determined by other players

Just did a mission to collect drugs, and the driver pulled up right in front of them, no cover, so we both instantly died. This is a level 18 guy.

He died first so he came back alive and I didnt.

Every game today has been with stupid players. And dont get me started on all these people with cars set to no other players can enter.
There's a bug with the car permissions. My friend can't enter mine every once in a while even though its set to friends and crew. I have to set it to everyone and then he can.

My character was there after the patch and then I played with gaffers Friday night. Tried today and he's gone. Level 15 (this seems like a common level for character deletion).

I'm done until my character is back or this is fixed.

Went to log on and my power button wouldn't work. Come to discover some asshole spilled water all over my xbox, it's been sitting in a puddle for two days.

So I'm online with my co-op buddy but it won't let me send him an invite until one or both of us finishes the tutorial.

I've done the first race, bought some clothes, got a car (with insurance) and robbed two stores. Am I through the tutorial? or is there more?

eival

the thing thats most BS about passive mode, is that they know how to program it so you cant pull the trigger when aimed at people, in the SP it will do that if you aim at the 3 main guys

todahawk

Don't think so, it's been up and down for me this afternoon. got denied on a couple of jobs, was able to do a couple...

Top Bottom