• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Aenima

Yeah dude. With a time investment like the one you have you are better off logging off for the day and waiting until tomorrow or something.

Whatever you do DO NOT CREATE A NEW CHARACTER.

Im in the same boat... level 20, bought 391k appartment, spent some more in car upgrades and now all vanished... in game takes me to character creation, and in social club all erased... I will still be waiting untill i servers get back in properly to check it, but hope is lost already...

Im playing a free to play fantasy card game on my phone, and everytime they server goes down without notice or something odd happens during an event, they ALWAYS give compesations to all players... And is a F2P game... R* have the pockets full of millions and not even a eCola i got.

i find it quite odd that so many of you are playing a shitton and STILL being surprised when you lose your shit

i'm just playing when one of my friends is on and wants to play...i don't see the point in grinding money and trying to save for shit when we see all the reports in this topic daily, it's pretty obvious....i just hop online and have fun dicking around, i'll get around to making massive money and advancing later when you know, people aren't reporting that they lose their shit on every single page of this topic

if i lose my character whatever ive just spent my time going on rampages and robbing and being a hoodrat with friends

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Not going to stay on all day so I left the mission. I was loading back into free roam and got a message I was kicked by other players lol (obviously not true) Hope my shit saves. Still on the social club page for the time being, so, fingers crossed.

Tevious

My bank balance, racing stats, and money earned/spent stats are all accurate on Social Club, but practically everything else is zeroed out. Rank 0; being asked to create a new character in-game.

Haven't recreated; is there any confirmation on character recovery in this scenario? Cloud comes back, character comes back?

Or is my transgender career racer with perfect eyebrows really gone for good?

:(

Same with me. My bank balance is right, but my character is gone along with all his stats, rank, and the 10k cash he had on him. Money earned/spent is still there. My competitive stats for racing are still there too, but not for the one game of golf I played and the couple parachute jumps I did.

QFzdHR4.png

He doesn't want to die.

My bank balance, racing stats, and money earned/spent stats are all accurate on Social Club, but practically everything else is zeroed out. Rank 0; being asked to create a new character in-game.

Haven't recreated; is there any confirmation on character recovery in this scenario? Cloud comes back, character comes back?

Or is my transgender career racer with perfect eyebrows really gone for good?

:(

Same with me. My bank balance is right, but my character is gone along with all his stats, rank, and the 10k cash he had on him. Money earned/spent is still there. My competitive stats for racing are still there too, but not for the one game of golf I played and the couple parachute jumps I did.

This was the case for me and my character has yet to come back, but it's only been about 12 hours, so we'll see.

i find it quite odd that so many of you are playing a shitton and STILL being surprised when you lose your shit

You can still play and just throw all your cash into the bank immediately. Bank Account is across all characters so at the very least people should have a decent amount of cash for whenever Rockstar fixes this Character Houdini crap.

oRuin

Gah. Rank 32, 520k, all gone. Think i'm gonna wait on GTA online for a while. Hopefully they fix these issues.

J4g3r

Does everyone in your crew have a separate crew rank? or is that shared?

If it is seperate; my crew rank right now is 27, where my actual level is 17 (Got rolled back from 24). (Lost a level 11 character too)

Surely Rockstar can do something with that? :/

My character is gone again, made a temp one on slot 2. If it doesn't come back by next Friday I am selling this game. Bad launches I can tolerate. Connection issues I can deal with. But so far with gta v I've had my single player corrupted once and lost around 25 hours progress In the multiplayer mode. Keep In mind that this is after repeated official statements from rockstAr that things were mostly working and it was safe to play

Lost my character.. this is ridiculous. They need to at least give an update on where the issue stands. I played from 10 to 12 est this morning just fine... so annoying

GTA Online (what little i've played) has been AWESOME... aside from loosing my character, progress, stats, and cash....

They need to get this resolved ASAP.

Static Jak

Well, loosing my character again (gone well over 24 hours now) has really put me off playing. Why bother when the servers will just chew up the next one too.

Aenima

My characters stats in social club scares me... also showing some activity and money balance, but everething else is at 0 and chat at level 1. Just to mention, yesterday when servers was down, my cracter stats was showing goog and today he was still alive... Better order a tombstone for the number5, he was a champion, lasted 2 and half days.

DogMeat77

0.png

He doesn't want to die.

Thanks for posting this... it gave me an idea...

Digging around the webspace for the rock star cloud, I was able to find the thumbnail of my main character who has been missing for 4 days now (God rest his soul). I wonder if this is just a cached thumbnail of him or if he really is somewhere out there "in the clouds".

This character creator system is just silly. Why can't I just edit what I want my character to look like? None of this heritage and lifestyle bullshit.

I like it. There are 1000+ games that let you adjust sliders ad nauseam to get exactly what you want. It's refreshing to see something that leaves your physical appearance lineage, and lifestyle choices.

Rockstar does things for arbitrary reasons, for no reason, just to be different... and not actually to improve anything. The system made so little sense to me that I just hit the random/X button over and over until I got a guy who vaguely had the same skin tone and body shape as me. Of course, I look like a meth head, but I'll just live with it.

So ridiculous. Yep - I'm sure that's one of Rockstar's cornerstones of development. "Hey - let's just throw this mechanic in there for the hell of it!". smh

DoktorZaius

Neo Member
Looks like my character is gone for now, I'm just going to hope she reappears when the cloud server is back up in a bit. If not, fuck it, I'm not playing this game until R* smooths everything out.

eival

I've been assuming that seeing the spinning yellow circle is a proper sync. If I'm right, then entering and leaving an ammunation forces a sync. Not sure if you have to buy anything, but I buy some ammo before I go.

buying stuff doesnt always work, i bought some clothes, then when i came back my 80k apartment and the cash was gone but my new clothes were still there but i was back in my old garage...

and even after the patch when i booted yesterday i wasnt at the same RP and was getting texts about how things are now unlocked which were already unlocked and i participated in the day prior.

they need to revise the save system and make it more obvious when things happen, i remember on day 1 actually seeing a popup in the lower right corner if the servers werent availible, i then assumed when i dont see that popup with the circle, that its saving. that doesnt seem to be the case.

and like you said, i think the direction of the circle means download or upload but depending on the terrain and each of the map where that circle is, its sometimes not even visible or you're just looking at the cops/enemies shooting you to notice.

there should be an option to go into our garage or apartment and FORCE a save or something, not this "oh yah you can totally leave when ever and we'll remember where you left off, no really, dont worry about it, na we dont have to write it down, ill remember where you left off, k bye"

and then each day you come back "no you rank 17 right? yeah, did you have these missions unlocked? are you sure, well just to be sure and fair to everyone else im gonna take some RP away and in a few minutes you'll get a text about all those new fun stuff you can do, by the way have you seen our microtransactions section? mad about your money constantly going missing? we'll you can "speed up that process' by buying GTA bucks! only 9.99 but the choice is yours, and remember this online feature was a FREE addition to the game, arent we so nice, giving you a multiplayer feature in a game in 2013 included with the $60 price tag? pat us on the back cause its not like GTA IV, or RDR or Max Payne 3 had mutliplayer, so this was a surprise to everyone im sure" = 98 Metacritic.

I did that and it's not there for me.

But I see it there?

Wtf?

Yeah its weird but basically their cloud servers are down so while your character is saved to the cloud, the cloud is down and unable to retrieve it. My character on the game is still not there but she is on social club. I just signed out, signed back in and then I got the error message saying the cloud was down. I took it as confirmation my character was still alive.

Wow so I was loving the game yesterday with smart fellow players doig PVE

Today its just been a waste of time played a couple hours, didnt enjoy it much at all. When I did get co-op everyone has been out for themselves and doing crazy things. Last mission someone deliberately ran over fellow players.

Rockstar need to release a playlist with a good mix of PVE missions, and allow me to play them solo so at least I am gonna have a guaranteed decent time without having to roll the dice on partners. (My issue is all my friends have 360 version, so I cant just join them)

gruenel

Definitely not playing again until these character loss issues are fixed.

I mean server downtimes at launch are one thing, but this is unacceptable.

Revven

I don't understand why they don't at least let you have one autosave on your system that backs up to the cloud.

It's funny because their last major sandbox game with online was RDR and your stats, character, level, etc were all saved onto your system (it wasn't server side).

breakfuss

Sooooo, I take it this is the wrong time to ask if anyone is currently farming violent duct, lol? I'm afraid to turn the game on now. If my character is gone I will lose my shit.

ViviOggi

This has probably already been addressed but did they remove the health care cost from missions? Just died once in a Gerald mission with my surrogate character and didn't lose any money.

J4g3r

I'm keeping an eye on my social club stats and first my level 24 was rolled back to level 17, now it's back up to 20.

Hopefully Rockstar are on it!

I got told at work today it's finally all fixed and there was a new patch to download. Thank god, since I've lost my progress a few times (despite never being able to get far due to crashes/hard locks etc.) - so I get home, and sure enough there's a new patch - but the servers are still down? I can't wait till I can finally just enjoy the game normally. This is getting ridiculous.

Ding-Ding

I buy ammo or anything before I exit multiplayer to single player too. It does force a save. Not sure if it helps any, I'm sure those who had their character(s) deleted are taking precautions too.

I think the only thing that does make a difference is by pausing the game and selecting 'end session'.

However, if your in session and the servers go down, that is the biggest risk to a characters deletion. The rest is just down to luck

eival

passive mode is BS

you can get shot if you're riding something, but cant shoot back at all, including the cops

i dont see anything that allows us to give feedback or vote to kick people either, if their "bad player pool" isnt tracking people killing those in passive mode then, thats BS too

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Made a new one after waiting for about 20 hours. The lag/connection errors I can take, but character and playtime just disappearing is a joke.

Can anyone else confirm if PS3 servers are back up? Don't want to attempt to log on IF its down (I fear losing the character)...

I just checked and my level 22 is gone at the moment. It shows the right amount of cash in the bank and race record on the social site and that's about it.

It also shows friends that have been playing as having not played V yet.

Top Bottom