• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Mononoke

Banned
They worked all morning (EU time) and right now they're on but my characters aren't loading.

Yeah, I know there were up this morning. When I said day, i guess i meant from 11pm on up. I shouldn't have said ALL - but I was just telling him they have been down for 4 hours + now. Also, if your character isn't up, isn't that technically because servers are still down? I mean, my character isn't lost - she's still on Rockstar's Social Site. And I can't log in with her right now.

Mononoke

Banned
Really they were up at 1230 for me :/

Read my edited post.

Although I'm surprised it was up for you at 12:30. How long did you actually play at 12:30. A full hour? Generally, my understanding is that they were up really early in the morning. So 7am-10am. Then have been down 11-1pm (west coast time). I haven't' been able to get on for the past 4 hours. Seems to be what others have been saying too.

Flaboere

I just started online again for the 3rd time, this time my 2 characters had been melted together to a male/female, so started over (again), did the first 2 missions, and now it seems Rockstar servers are offline, meaning no online, and no photo's either! Wuu!

How do I delete my character so I can start over?

Try to play on PSN. Your character will be erased. You can now start a new character. Who will also be erased.

(snark snark)

But seriously, you can create up to 5 characters on the character creation screen (Online -> Choose Character).

There may be a simple work-around to avoid character deletion. I had two characters deleted (PS3) by turning off the console mid-game.

But now I've got a Rank 18! This time around, I've been switching to a single player character from the wheel. Then quitting the game altogether from there.

I'm going to keep testing it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
There may be a simple work-around to avoid character deletion. I had two characters deleted (PS3) by turning off the console mid-game.

But now I've got a Rank 18! This time around, I've been switching to a single player character from the wheel. Then quitting the game altogether from there.

I'm going to keep testing it.

This is how R* says you should leave MP to make sure it saves. But I'm pretty sure people still get their characters deleted exiting MP correctly.

I love the races:3

Same--easily my favorite thing to do online.

Complaints about people crashing into you/being childish? Well, yeah, you have to avoid those turds and win. Also, every race I've played had "Catch Up" enabled, but it never seemed to help anyone much. I won the "Power Trip" race on an Akuma last night and placed 32nd on the global leaderboard. Had the throttle pinned for at least 95% of one of the laps with some of the narrowest heart-stopping misses through traffic I've ever had, and I played a lot of Burnout Paradise... seriously enjoying it.

It just blows that I'll have to wait until they sort out these issues before I can become invested in a character and work on a stable of cars to use in custom races.

Yeah. Pretty much just need to avoid their crashes and keep somewhat of a distance. I haven't lost a race yet, and don't ram anyone, either.
Ahh, Bunta San. My old online character had a Futo that'd make ya proud. But yeah, the races are fine if you drive defensively and let the assholes inevitably drive themselves into the odd wall or pole, then stay ahead. The rubber-banding seems rather weak. Good news for clean drivers.

cdkee

Banned
How long does it take for a bounty to go away? I stole a car and got a bounty, now I'm hiding in my apartment and there are people trying to come in lmao

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I really don't know what is going on with my character.

I've played most of the day, was 8 and ended near 11 this afternoon, Rockstar Social Club shows me as level 8 with what I was wearing at level 11. I loaded up the game now and I am level 3 but wearing what I was wearing at level 8 with my garage and cars that I didn't get till level 6. Also lost about 50k from level 10 to now level 3.

Really getting bored of this, it isn't the progress that is annoying, it is the hours lost across all 6 characters I've had to go through, and I've been turning it off from SP since thursday just incase.

How long does it take for a bounty to go away? I stole a car and got a bounty, now I'm hiding in my apartment and there are people trying to come in lmao
48 minutes. One in-game day.

I hung out in my apartment for about 15 minutes until they gave up, then sped out in my Voltic to the helipad, then they lost me somewhere in the clouds. :p

Mononoke

Banned
I really don't know what is going on with my character.

I've played most of the day, was 8 and ended near 11 this afternoon, Rockstar Social Club shows me as level 8 with what I was wearing at level 11. I loaded up the game now and I am level 3 but wearing what I was wearing at level 8 with my garage and cars that I didn't get till level 6. Also lost about 50k from level 10 to now level 3.

Really getting bored of this, it isn't the progress that is annoying, it is the hours lost across all 6 characters I've had to go through, and I've been turning it off from SP since thursday just incase.

Are you on 360 or PS3? And by all day, can you give me the time you played with? I'm really surprised that some of you have been on. I mean, most the people on here + other forums have all had the PS3 servers been down for the past 4 hours. And if some of you WERE on during that time. I wonder why it allows some to get on, and others not. That's really lame.

Anyways, I'm fairly sure servers are down right now.

Jesus christ racers in this game are dicks. If you get ahead of people they crash into you out of spite. Really fucking childish.

Seriously, I hate this. Sometimes crashes are inevitable, but sometimes I pass someone and they side swipe me immediately after when I'm turning into a corner.

Future

Seriously, I hate this. Sometimes crashes are inevitable, but sometimes I pass someone and they side swipe me immediately after when I'm turning into a corner.

I actually really don't understand the complaint. It's like playing Mario kart and getting pissed when you get hit with a turtle shell. This is gta. We're you expecting clean races? You should be ramming everyone as well!

Kiling myself? I found a ladder and I'm currently hiding on top of a building. 360 GAF crew, I need some job invites!!

tumblr_mu8et34uhx1somvqno2_250.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Are you on 360 or PS3? And by all day, can you give me the time you played with? I'm really surprised that some of you have been on. I mean, most the people on here + other forums have all had the PS3 servers been down for the past 4 hours. And if some of you WERE on during that time. I wonder why it allows some to get on, and others not. That's really lame.

Anyways, I'm fairly sure servers are down right now.

I was playing from around 10am till 1pm, then 2:30pm till jut before 6pm with a friend, and I'm on PS3. It is telling me the cloud servers are down now whenever I try to get back on in the hopes going back and forth will return my actual character.

Everything was working fine with my friend around 6, we could do everything, play missions and the like, join other games, all without issue, so I don't know why it has suddenly thrown me back in time over a day, lol.

Gran Turismo 5 has a awesome community of players who race, corner, and pass properly. It's quite refreshing and fun.

I always want to play with the Gaf guys on here that follow the rules when they play GT5, it sounds like it is a lot of fun from their topics, but at the same time I'm really not very good at racing and feel like I would mess them up and not on purpose.

Revven

Just played an hour and got my first bounty kill with one of my buddies. $9000, split between us, felt SO good. Crashed into him just as the guy was getting into his car.

Mononoke

Banned
Still getting the cloud server errors. My character is still online too (the rockstar social club).

I was playing from around 10am till 1pm, then 2:30pm till jut before 6pm with a friend, and I'm on PS3. It is telling me the cloud servers are down now whenever I try to get back on in the hopes going back and forth will return my actual character.

Everything was working fine with my friend around 6, we could do everything, play missions and the like, join other games, all without issue, so I don't know why it has suddenly thrown me back in time over a day, lol.

Man this is just so fuckin inconsistent. I've heard nothing but people saying it was down for the last 4 hours. But apparently a handful for you have been playing even beyond the early morning. I don't get why it worked for some, and not others. I get characters going missing. But I don't get why you can't even do solo missions if others can.

EDIT: Are you east coast? Because I'm West Coast, and 10 to 1pm, is basically 10am for me. Which is why I said it was down from 10am to now.

Anyways, I just tried to get on, now I'm getting cloud server errors.

Gorillaz

Read my edited post.

Although I'm surprised it was up for you at 12:30. How long did you actually play at 12:30. A full hour? Generally, my understanding is that they were up really early in the morning. So 7am-10am. Then have been down 11-1pm (west coast time). I haven't' been able to get on for the past 4 hours. Seems to be what others have been saying too.
Till 115. Went out and just got back so ill try again in a min.

Sticking with my theory on it being a regional thing

Mononoke

Banned
Till 115. Went out and just got back so ill try again in a min.

Sticking with my theory on it being a regional thing

Actually, if you guys are East Coast - then what I said was accurate. I said that it was down from 10am to now. And if you guys played from 11 to 1 - then 1pm = 10am West Coast. Which is what I was saying. There was just confusion among time zones in this discussion. I was saying one thing, and others were saying they played from x hours. But it's basically the same thing, just different time for me.

Top Bottom