• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Agreed here. CoD games launch pretty much flawlessly... they have millions of players every title, and they release a new game almost every year increasing the odds one of them is shit.

Eh, I don't know about flawlessly, they have their issues.

Searching with parties was pretty much completely broken during the first couple weeks of Black Ops 1.

lem0n

Yup. And bet all your pocket cash on yourself for extra motivation. All my characters are going to be self-sponsored career racers. :D
Haha I'm not that good, plus if I lose all my pocket cash (i generally carry a lot since I stick to private rooms where I don't have to worry about my friends ganking me) on a bet I will probably throw my tv out of the window

xam3l

FML. I just lost my char for the 4th time. This keeps getting annoying.
I'm just loosing the joy to play. Why going for the trouble if you need to keep starting from the beginning every couple days? Just hope Rockstar works that out once and for all and a compensation for all the hours we keep trowing away would be nice.

It happened to me too.

It's really annoying to start over again. That and the Rockstar Social always down when I want to join a crew.

Pretty poor experience so far.

Ji66a-Man

Has anyone found a Cargobob after the latest title update? All I've found are Buzzards, Annihilators, Froggers, and Mavericks. I miss airlifting tanks out of Fort Zancudo.

Mononoke

Banned
I really wish they would make it so you can OPEN your session to a friend. I hate that I have to quit my solo session, and join a closed friend session to invite him.

Well all my talk from yesterday on how I've rarely had any problems has now come full circle. I logged in to play, my character was in his apartment. I logged off to go eat breakfast, come on after and now my character seems to be gone. It says I have money in the bank. Just gonna wait a few hours and play again. 360 btw. I'm not too concerned though.

Jesus Revolutionary, you're a machine

M8K0Xzn.jpg

cdkee

Banned
So to clear that bounty: if I get off, come back an hour later, will it be gone? Or do I have to endure 1 hour through in game time.

Gorillaz

Actually, if you guys are East Coast - then what I said was accurate. I said that it was down from 10am to now. And if you guys played from 11 to 1 - then 1pm = 10am West Coast. Which is what I was saying. There was just confusion among time zones in this discussion. I was saying one thing, and others were saying they played from x hours. But it's basically the same thing, just different time for me.
Ahhh ok. Forgot you were West Coast we definitely need to play a few matches. When it works lol

Mononoke

Banned
Ahhh ok. Forgot you were West Coast we definitely need to play a few matches. When it works lol

Hell yeah. I've been just doing solo and friend sessions because my cash is so low, and XP is low. But I would love to play with fellow GAFFers.

By the way, I am able to do friend sessions + do all missions. So I'm fairly sure servers are 100% up now.

pringles

I'm pretty meh on the whole experience. Honestly, I think 4 was more fun.
I used the cargobob to pick up a car with 2 buddies inside. Flew low over the military base, dropped the car off, they drove around and picked up jetplanes. Bounty hunting and all around mayhem ensued.

GTA IV has NOTHING on this game.

At higher levels the missions start getting more interesting too. The reward system is borked though, 9.000 for violent duct that takes 1 minute, and 5k for missions that take 30 min and are super difficult. Hurts normal progression and play as everyone wants to farm the easy missions.

I used the cargobob to pick up a car with 2 buddies inside. Flew low over the military base, dropped the car off, they drove around and picked up jetplanes. Bounty hunting and all around mayhem ensued.

GTA IV has NOTHING on this game.

At higher levels the missions start getting more interesting too. The reward system is borked though, 9.000 for violent duct that takes 1 minute, and 5k for missions that take 30 min and are super difficult. Hurts normal progression and play as everyone wants to farm the easy missions.

Well, it actually worked for starters.

This is amazing, every day when I get on I see 4-5 people on my friends list playing online and I get errors every time. I've gotten in once and I try every day usually twice a day.

Lol, made an order through the iFruit app while watching football, logged in just now and I've been charged but the car is untouched. Great.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Hell yeah. I've been just doing solo and friend sessions because my cash is so low, and XP is low. But I would love to play with fellow GAFFers.

By the way, I am able to do friend sessions + do all missions. So I'm fairly sure servers are 100% up now.

Yep, just got in, character still there, too.

p3tran

Banned
guys, is there a list, preferably with interior pics of the apartments you can buy? I have about 150k and prefer to buy a house tonight, than to just leave the money to disappear tomorrow..

UrbanRats

So the free Gold weekend on Xbox is over, and i'm glad i was able to play GTAOnline with basically zero major issues (always got in, never got my char erased nor lost levels)but i don't think i'm paying for Gold to play it, as fun as it was.
Gonna wait for the PC version.

jacobs34

Hopefully things get better next week, as the free gold promotion is over and there is less people online during the work week.

eival

Hearing griefers whine makes my heart happy.

the problem is, the anti-grifing in this game is half-assed

if they wanted to do it, you wouldnt be able to pull the trigger at all when pointed towards a player with it actived, no matter if they're in a car or standing, which is what they do in storymode if you point at someone whos critical to the mission, that simple, and that player shouldnt be forced to then not shoot at all, cops included, its just BS

all it does is hurt the person trying to play, in what previous rockstar games called "friendly fire off" mode, which means they can go about their business shooting and robbing and participate in all the PVE stuff and they too cant shoot or damage any human player on the map, why is this such an issue when their 2 previous open world games had it.

all they had to do was fix the issue from RDR where your horse could still be damaged thus grief you, which would equate to your personal car in GTA 5 and make it so they cant damage that either.....or IDK, turn on CLIPPING all together, every developer knows how to do that, since building an enviroment entails hours of getting rid of the clipping

Track Mania should be what "anti-griefing" in GTA 5 should mimick, espeically when you're paying $100 to activate it and if they think players and the vehicles they're in clipping through eachother is stupid, then what do they call this current option which is stupid and does nothing but just make everyone play solo since theres no straight up "friendly fire mode" to join and safely know you can let another player get close to you without worring if he's going to kill you, unless you got Passive mode on, but then you cant access your weapons at all and just sit there in your car taking it and then lose a thousand dollars in the process....98 Metacritic

pelican

Great......got kicked by some twat because I jumped him in the open world, and now the PS3 cloud servers are down.

Frustrations continue.

Arcteryx

Apparently you can die inside your garage?

I was driving into mine because some asshole was ramming me for the past 20 minutes and the loading animation popped up while he started shooting me. Next thing I know, I'm seeing tracers inside my garage, my car is getting hit, and I'm dead. Loaded back and my car(that I spent some decent coin on upgrades) is missing from the garage and I can't call the mechanic/insurance to retrieve it.

smh

I haven't been able to get online once on the PS3. Thought this game might be as cool as Demon's Soul in terms of online experiences. Right now, I'm almost ready to trade it back in. Will give them another week or so to get this together, but unacceptable to start like this after all the hype.

Derrick01

Banned
I fail to see how that's relevant if you know... it doesn't work most of the time, and when it does, it just deletes your progress.

I'm just saying there's a bit more to this online than GTA IV's simplistic one. All they had to do was figure out how to get 16 (or whatever it was) players in the city at the same time. It didn't have any other content in the city and it didn't have ~17 million people trying to get online either.

Granted I still find how they've handled this pretty unacceptable. But it's hard to compare this to GTA IV.

Lucent

Is it working on ps3 yet ? I know it was down all day yesterday....

Was working for me last night. Me and a friend played for at least 3 hours last night. We had some laughs.

970569_10202223324207483_654792477_n.jpg

I'm the white guy with the NeoGAF symbol. lol

EDIT: When can you fly planes? I noticed there are no planes at the airport you can get into.

I'm just saying there's a bit more to this online than GTA IV's simplistic one. All they had to do was figure out how to get 16 (or whatever it was) players in the city at the same time. It didn't have any other content in the city and it didn't have ~17 million people trying to get online either.

Granted I still find how they've handled this pretty unacceptable. But it's hard to compare this to GTA IV.

Neither does this one. I think you're gravely overestimating the amount of people that go online.

And to be fair, your underselling GTAIV online mode, or RDR which GTAV is an extension off. I get what your saying, it's more complex, but it's still inexcusable.

Top Bottom