• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

GTAV online seems less fun than GTAIV online.

We had access to vehicles found normally on the map in GTAIV online.

This whole leveling up thing is so retarded.

Let me smash into the army base and steel a Rhino or Cargobob if the vehicles are there. Why should I be blocked because of leveling?

fuck this

I realize this has probably already been said a million time before in the thread but…

…I jacked a Banshee and went to secure it and LS Customs and they tell me it's too hot and to purchase one online.

I can't keep the car I stole. On Grand Theft Auto Online. Fucking amazing.

I find this ridiculous because in Story Mode, if you foudn one, you found one and store in your garage right away.

But Online, LOL no you can't have fun, you must level like a grinder

Did they change the spawn frequency of the Cargobob outside of Zancudo with this past update? I was finding them 9/10 times on Trevor's airstrip before, but now only typical choppers are spawning there. Do you really have to try and get into Zancudo to get one now?

Also, fun thing for people to try - pick up some unsuspecting GTAO driver's car with them in it. Drop them off in the prison right by Trevor's airstrip. Watch them get slaughtered as you fly off into the sunset.

Derrick01

Banned

Let me smash into the army base and steel a Rhino or Cabomb if the vehicles are there. Why should I be blocked because of leveling?

fuck this

They game-ified something that didn't need all these dumb overused gamey elements. XP! LEVELING! GRADUAL UNLOCKS OF THINGS THAT ARE ALREADY IN SINGLE PLAYER!

The worst part is they don't even have fun or deep missions in place of all this BS. It's as boring as a mmorpg right now.

Tevious

Also, fun thing for people to try - pick up some unsuspecting GTAO driver's car with them in it. Drop them off in the prison right by Trevor's airstrip. Watch them get slaughtered as you fly off into the sunset.

I've been meaning to do this, but it's incredibly difficult to grapple cars with the cargobob, especially when the vehicle is moving. Every time I try, people start trying to shoot the plane down.

I've been meaning to do this, but it's incredibly difficult to grapple cars with the cargobob, especially when the vehicle is moving. Every time I try, people start trying to shoot the plane down.

The easiest way to do it is by catching low-level players off-guard when they're doing heists. That is, hover just above their car while they're in the gas station / convenience store, and as soon as they get in, drop down a little bit.

CookTrain

They game-ified something that didn't need all these dumb overused gamey elements. XP! LEVELING! GRADUAL UNLOCKS OF THINGS THAT ARE ALREADY IN SINGLE PLAYER!

The worst part is they don't even have fun or deep missions in place of all this BS. It's as boring as a mmorpg right now.

It's rather tragic at the minute. Between the grinding, the high barriers to content and the flat-out lack of connectivity half the time, much of the fun promise of GTAO has been tucked safe and soundly outside the reach of many gamers. You can't even just stock up on guns and ammo and garner chaos.

Very odd decisions all over.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I finally got the Gerald duct mission available to me at level 15. Gotta call him multiple times to get in initiated. I was trying to grind it in a solo play session and noticed something. If someone happens to join and spectate your game it will not allow you to repeat the mission.

Then once the mission is over you get booted. Eh well maybe I'll try again later. Everything is super slow right now. Dave1988, if you're reading this I'll invite you to the mission the next time it becomes available for me. I can't invite you while you are spectating and I'm in a solo session.

just started... where's the fun? just doing the random missions and i keep getting 1 life ones... so boring.

any co-op stuff?

any solo stuff to do besides robbing grocery stores?

I realize this has probably already been said a million time before in the thread but…

…I jacked a Banshee and went to secure it and LS Customs and they tell me it's too hot and to purchase one online.

You can, Just not the good cars. You have to buy those.

Let me smash into the army base and steel a Rhino or Cargobob if the vehicles are there. Why should I be blocked because of leveling?

fuck this

First thing I tried was go to the army base, to only find out the gates were locked & couldn't break through them with a car.

Online is turning out to be a HUGE turd.

Dresden

Abused the hell out of Violent Ducts pre-nerf and now I have a house, a truck, and a pump shotgun. I think I'm done with the game for now, at least until heists are implemented.

CVxXaO2.jpg

Abused the hell out of Violent Ducts pre-nerf and now I have a house, a truck, and a pump shotgun. I think I'm done with the game for now, at least until heists are implemented.

CVxXaO2.jpg

Pre-nerf? I'm still able to abuse the shit out of it...

Also for trucks, how many players can fit in? Me and a few friends are planning on getting a Truck, SUV or Van and going around causing mayhem in it but we're having trouble which one to use. Preferably the one that can fit the most.

Arcteryx

I still don't understand why I HAVE to change my aim settings when joining another game.

If I want to free-aim...let me fucking do it.

It should scale up, as in if the game-type is lock-on and you have free aim it's ok, but not vice-versa.

Anyone else have their personal vehicle disappear?

I went through the tutorial mission where they let you choose a car and give you the full protection for free the one time, had my car for a few jobs, and returned the day after and it is gone.

The option to request it is greyed out in the SELECT menu, and it just says that I don't have a personal vehicle.

WTF?? I haven't had any issues with money, stats or anything saving. Just this one problem...highly annoying because that full coverage is very expensive.

sensui-tomo

I went through the tutorial mission where they let you choose a car and give you the full protection for free the one time, had my car for a few jobs, and returned the day after and it is gone.

The option to request it is greyed out in the SELECT menu, and it just says that I don't have a personal vehicle.

WTF?? I haven't had any issues with money, stats or anything saving. Just this one problem...highly annoying because that full coverage is very expensive.

you probably had it towed by the cops and they destroyed it... yup

MYeager

Has anyone got their character back in the last few hours? There's been about 10+ pages since I last posted.

When your rank is high enough, you will see them appear in certain locations.

I'm at Rank 8, and at Rank 4 I found them at Trevor's Airport, in the Airport, and near the docks/heli tour area. Same as in the single player game.

I was also able to fly into the army base but with about as much success as I do with the single player game.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Can you call Mor's Mutual Insurance on your phone?

Gnub

I just noticed while logging in (ps3) all of the prompts warning that the cloud wad down and that any online play would not be saved. Also,it asked me to make a temporary character which would not be saved.

Darko

cause your supposed to buy them.. with you know ...monies...

I give up on this. I'll come back once I've platinum'd Puppeteer and Beyond. Hopefully it won't be a colossal screw up by then and they'll have their shit sorted out.

xBladeM6x

How do you change your lobby / job session to have auto-aim enabled? I seem to just randomly join and it has it, but other times, not. Wtf?

Riggs

Banned
lost lvl 8, lvl 13, lvl 16, three characters gone. Gonna just come back later, still got my 100k at least. Would calling RS even be worth it?

Not creating new character btw, don't wanna fuck slot up.

Be nice to have some clarity from Rockstar on the deleted characters issue, at least something like "if you can't see anything on social club, you might as well recreate."

I don't think my character is coming back :(. It's been gone all day and there's no stats showing up on the Social Club site. I'll give it a bit longer I guess but if it never shows up tonight or tomorrow I'm probably just gonna drop this game. I really don't feel like going through everything again.

Top Bottom