• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

EekTheKat

What would you guys buy if you had one million?

Right now? Nothing. It seems as though money stored in the bank is the only thing that survives the waves of character deletions/losses.

Maybe a small cheap apartment at best to test, but I wouldn't spend it all until they've patched this game a few more times.

Derrick01

Banned
That's a rather strange complaint to make. I did see some guys having fun biking off a halfpipe into the propeller blades though.

Since GTA 4's online had so little content I can't tell you how many hours we spent experimenting different ways to launch people and cars with those blades. It was so goddamn fun and hilarious to watch the physics spaz out and fling the object or person a mile.

Reule

I don't remember seeing it at Ammu-Nation but is the stun gun available online? That could potentially be really annoying if say a group with stun guns surround someone.

Kajiba

0_0.jpg

Apparently this is what happens when you are an asshole online lol.

note: that's not me

Lmao. Making the asshole known.

So I'm still unable to get mission from npcs, Snapmatic is down and it says Rockstar services are offline.. otherwise I can still do crappy online jobs half of the time with my own character, as it freezes and timeouts a shit load of the time.

FIX THIS SHIT ROCKSTAR.

(ps3)

EDIT: and now the Cloud servers are down.

Uh pretty sure you can't farm Violent Duct anymore.

They added a patch like Saturday morning where it fixed the issue of losing bank money when you died, and also prevented you from choosing 'replay' mission if you succesfully completed it.

I'm sure their official reasoning is that it was an exploit and players were using it to get way ahead of others. But the unofficial reason is that they didn't want people going around the temptation of the F2P model and spending real $ on in game dough.

You know I don't necessarily think acquiring money is especially slow, but it'd be nice of them if every gun update didn't cost tens of thousands of dollars.

Marleyman

Banned
I checked the socialclub site and my gta online character is still there however he is gone when trying to play the game. This is such a joke; I should just wait until they get this smoothed out.

They added a patch like Saturday morning where it fixed the issue of losing bank money when you died, and also prevented you from choosing 'replay' mission if you succesfully completed it.

I'm sure their official reasoning is that it was an exploit and players were using it to get way ahead of others. But the unofficial reason is that they didn't want people going around the temptation of the F2P model and spending real $ on in game dough.

You know I don't necessarily think acquiring money is especially slow, but it'd be nice of them if every gun update didn't cost tens of thousands of dollars.

You can. Me and a few gaffers played it a few times last night. All you have to do is like the mission and then press R2 to replay.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yep. You have to sign-out of PSN sometimes when it gives the "time out" error, even though it has a "Push X" prompt. Lots of testing that was overlooked.

I've had that too, but tonight the game completely froze on the loading screen after quitting a session. Just locked up, PS button wasn't responding or anything. Had to force the PS3 off by holding the power button.

AReed

There's an easy way to get a helicopter at any level.

Go to the airport and look for the entrance with the dumpster ramp. Jump your car over the fence with the ramp and there should be a helicopter to your right.

You don't get any wanted level either, which is odd.

sappyday

My old feelings from GTA IV's and Red Dead's multi is coming back. I'm finding the multi boring even with the tons of people and friends playing. Couldn't play more than 30 minutes with a bunch of friends before I had to turn it off out of boredom.

Is there a guaranteed spot where the Cargobob spawns?

I've seen it spawn once at Trevor's airfield, but that was it.

Every single time I got back to the airfield, It's just normal helicopters.

There's an easy way to get a helicopter at any level.

Go to the airport and look for the entrance with the dumpster ramp. Jump your car over the fence with the ramp and there should be a helicopter to your right.

You don't get any wanted level either, which is odd.

Yeah I've known of those helicopters. My issue is that in SP that place used to be filled with planes while in multi, at least in my current level, there's not a single one. I even bought the house by the pier specifically so I could grab a boat and drive around, but boats haven't spawned either.

Shipwrecked

Neo Member
Seems like rockstar cloud server is down on ps3. Im not gonna make a new char and call it a night. Hopefully my cash will be there when servers go back up.

I have made roughtly $330,000 from hardcore grinding on friday since the patch. First thing I bought is a 6 car garage right next to a los santos customs. Ive been jacking the gallivanter baller and saving them in garage then sell them every 24 game hour for 9k each. I would do missions in between each sales.

I just cant wait til jobs/heists start paying more handsomely because its getting a little petty. Its good that I can purchase the best apartment with a couple more days of grinding. I dont feel like rockstar is forcing me to buy their money which was my main concern.

Darko

You can still farm it, you just press r2 after youre done playing

So once you like the mission should one also press A/X to continue? Or should one press R2/Right trigger before reaching the options screen (aka free roam/replay/all that stuff)

No don't press X or A just R2 or RT. It's before you get to the mission voting screen.

Huh, I didn't know this was possible. Seems like a big oversight on R*'s part.

Yea it's not listed unless you fail the mission but it works anytime.

jacobs34

It seems like more and more people are figuring out how to get the fighter jet. In a couple of weeks the streets will not be safe.

MXRider

So the Xbox servers are down and it brings me to the character creator. Does that mean my characters lost? It still shows $14k in my bank.

psn

If I buy a luxury car and it's destroyed, I don't have to buy another one so long as it's insured right? Also I've only ever had to steal my car back from the impound lot once, I'm guessing if it was destroyed there, I'd just have to pay right?

Today I drove my luxury car into the ocean while on a mission and it told me I need to insure it the next time or park it in my garage..

Now it doesnt show up in my garage BUT it was insured correctly. So many bugs in this game :(

And the Social Club Cloud is down again for me...

MYeager

Cloud appears to be down on the 360.

When it works, I'm digging the online. Sucks that so much is tied to XP/mony unlocks, because the apartment prices I've seen are ridiculous and 9k for a pistol extended clip is nuts, but I like the online more than RDR and GTAIV. Missions being instanced means that those who want to grief in free roam don't bother me in there.

Of course that's when it works. Even when it does the interface took a while to get and I'm not sure I still understand everything.

AReed

Yeah I've known of those helicopters. My issue is that in SP that place used to be filled with planes while in multi, at least in my current level, there's not a single one. I even bought the house by the pier specifically so I could grab a boat and drive around, but boats haven't spawned either.

Really? I'm lvl 8 and there's a good number of passenger planes at the airport. Unless you're talking about the smaller, propeller planes. I haven't seen any of those.

So the Xbox servers are down and it brings me to the character creator. Does that mean my characters lost? It still shows $14k in my bank.

Check social crew if it's not there it's gone. My 4th character got wiped out idk if I should make a 5th one I'm very dissapointed ;'/

Absinthian

Neo Member
I think the popular advice at this point is do NOT create another character. Can anyone confirm?

It's a temporary character that will not be saved since the cloud servers are down. Any progress you make when the cloud servers are down will also not be saved. The original character exists only on the cloud server and cannot be accessed until the server comes back.
Since saving is disabled, the temp character shouldn't overwrite the original character, but considering everything it is probably risky.

Imm0rt4l

Today I drove my luxury car into the ocean while on a mission and it told me I need to insure it the next time or park it in my garage..

Now it doesnt show up in my garage BUT it was insured correctly. So many bugs in this game :(

And the Social Club Cloud is down again for me...

Thanks for the info, I guess, I'll maybe sit on my money while Rockstar fixes this. Hopefully my money's safe.

When the servers are down it asks me if i want to continue or retry. if you press continue it says (no saving).

If on the social club your char is there, there's hope.

How is Rockstar going to address gamers leaving sessions to avoid being killed if they have bounties on their head? In the span of a half hour I have had four people leave after a bounty was placed on them. I think the best way to avoid that is to provide more incentive to stay in one session. What are some ideas we can come up with, to email to Rockstar, that will make that happen? I can think of one: implement a party system, and if you seitch sessions your whole party has to too. Can't believe a party system doesn't exist.

Really? I'm lvl 8 and there's a good number of passenger planes at the airport. Unless you're talking about the smaller, propeller planes. I haven't seen any of those.

I've seen the giant commercial planes. Can you actually drive those? Those looked like they were unreachable due to having to no stairs next to the door.

Arcteryx

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHA

Top Bottom