• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

after finally getting online and playing for a bit.....anyone else pretty underwhelmed?

Every game Ive played has been plagued with lag. Auto aim deathmatches arent all that entertaining but turning off auto aim makes you realize why its there in the first place (aiming controls feel pretty awful).

Overall Im just feeling deflated right now with the whole experience. Plus, Im keeping my fingers crossed that my character isnt deleted again.

Tokyobusridas

Neo Member
I've seen the giant commercial planes. Can you actually drive those? Those looked like they were unreachable due to having to no stairs next to the door.

Only some of them are flyable and, it's the ones where the tyres are coming from the bottom of the fuselage. So you run up to the back right one and hit the enter button. It will get you in ;D

How is Rockstar going to address gamers leaving sessions to avoid being killed if they have bounties on their head? In the span of a half hour I have had four people leave after a bounty was placed on them. I think the best way to avoid that is to provide more incentive to stay in one session. What are some ideas we can come up with, to email to Rockstar, that will make that happen? I can think of one: implement a party system, and if you seitch sessions your whole party has to too. Can't believe a party system doesn't exist.

Make them pay their own bounty?

AReed

I've seen the giant commercial planes. Can you actually drive those? Those looked like they were unreachable due to having to no stairs next to the door.

I know you can fly them in story mode. If you just click Y (or whatever button to enter a vehicle on PS3) next to it, it puts you right in, no stairs needed.

I assume it's the same online.

I know you can fly them in story mode. If you just click Y (or whatever button to enter a vehicle on PS3) next to it, it puts you right in, no stairs needed.

I assume it's the same online.

well shit.

If that's the case then open mouth insert foot as I have always seen those but they looked the same as thr GTAIV planes.

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

Maybe thats whats causing people to lose their characters.

I spent about 15 hours attempting to play this game since patch, most of that playing but a bunch of times having servers up and down. I must have started and exited online 100+ times in this period, and done 120+ missions buts its always flawlessly kept my character and money every time.

But typically when I get an error like the above I just then quit and wait for servers to come up.

It seems like more and more people are figuring out how to get the fighter jet. In a couple of weeks the streets will not be safe.

My mates and I spent about an hour trying to get the jets on Saturday night. When we finally worked out how to get we realised how easy it was. Now to try and find some helicopters.

Here's the thing.. I've never noticed a "cloud servers down" message. Not once. I'd think I'd notice it though if it requires hitting a button to retry...

Disclaimer: I don't really get a chance to play until late evenings/nights so I miss most of the up/down/up/down stuff that happens during the day.

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHA

Lol just lost my cousins character for him

kanye-serious.gif

There's an easy way to get a helicopter at any level.

Go to the airport and look for the entrance with the dumpster ramp. Jump your car over the fence with the ramp and there should be a helicopter to your right.

You don't get any wanted level either, which is odd.

Theres also usually a couple helicopters on top of the hospital emergency services building.

Jesus.

I've been doing this every day besides today since I haven't touched it today.

Whoever posted that warning I want to make sweet love to you. Thank you, that saved me.

_Isaac

So I think I'm online! The sky spit me on to some mountain and the world looks kinda barren. I can't take on any jobs because I still need to complete the online tutorial. I have no idea what they're referring to. I see no online tutorial on the map or menus.

SSReborn

So I think I'm online! The sky spit me on to some mountain and the world looks kinda barren. I can't take on any jobs because I still need to complete the online tutorial. I have no idea what they're referring to. I see no online tutorial on the map or menus.

The intro cutscene glitched where you fly into the city on a plane so you pretty much need to exit and come back into mp again.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
HAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHA

What the fuck Rockstar, did you test this thing outside of a local network at all? I mean seriously, something that I imagine quite a few people would obviously press seeing as it is right there on the screen and it can screw up your characters.

This is probably why I lost over a day of progress, god damn, no wonder you waited two weeks before releasing online, I can't imagine the outcry if this was happening the first few days of release.

Warablo

My friend still can't play because every time he tries and play it says the host removed him from the session.. I can play fine now, but I have to continue to retry their servers, but the jobs and such do not work when I am in free roam..

I'm online right now on the 360, and my character is miraculously still there with money and level intact. And I was hitting retry like a motherfucker all afternoon so it's not a death sentence necessarily.

eival

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

98 Metacritic!

How is Rockstar going to address gamers leaving sessions to avoid being killed if they have bounties on their head? In the span of a half hour I have had four people leave after a bounty was placed on them. I think the best way to avoid that is to provide more incentive to stay in one session. What are some ideas we can come up with, to email to Rockstar, that will make that happen? I can think of one: implement a party system, and if you seitch sessions your whole party has to too. Can't believe a party system doesn't exist.

I heard that bounties only "leave you" when you die? As soon as you have a bounty, you see the uploading icon so it enforces that notion.

Alienous

Holy Mary, Mother of God.

Rockstar Games said:

tumblr_inline_mh6rtpkNCL1ryb0hd.gif

Top Bottom