• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Arcteryx

These scars seem like such a random thing to implement. They don't go away with showering and it's been like 3 in-game days so far and they still haven't disappeared.

Robot Pants

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

K000000L

FIX THE FUCKING CELLPHONE GLITCH!

Do NOT I repeat, do NOT purchase crew emblem or crew color for cars. They don't stay when you switch active crews unlike the crew t shirt symbol, 50k down the drain :/. Plus crew emblems for shirts are only $100 so I wouldn't mind if you had to switch them, but come on...

Also how does one climb on top of SUV roof racks? Friend said he saw a picture of it...

Tevious

Maybe thats whats causing people to lose their characters.

I spent about 15 hours attempting to play this game since patch, most of that playing but a bunch of times having servers up and down. I must have started and exited online 100+ times in this period, and done 120+ missions buts its always flawlessly kept my character and money every time.

But typically when I get an error like the above I just then quit and wait for servers to come up.

I didn't press any retry button and I still lost my dude. I was playing Violent Duct solo, then when I finished, I chose Freeroam. The servers timed out cause they took them down again and I was forced back into GTA 5 (offline). My character WAS still on the social site until they finally brought the servers back online and I logged in to find my character missing. I checked the social site again, and my guy disappeared. Something fucked up when Rockstar restored the servers.

iratA

Looks like I lost 60-70k and my level 14-15 character. I'm not a happy camper. Rockstar better sort this out and fast.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man I've been grinding Duct for about an hour. Starting to get bored TBH but dat money.

breakfuss

This IS the testing

lol!
So yeah.. I spent way too long on this, but here ya go :D

tumblr_mua512jE8u1riirq5o1_500.gif

This is brilliant. Almost makes this experience worth it.

Alienous

Looks like I lost 60-70k and my level 14-15 character. I'm not a happy camper. Rockstar better sort this out and fast.

Pretty much my exact situation.

And I lost a world record.

I played the game the way I wanted to, up until level 14-15 when my character disappeared. I don't want to have grind my way back through the game to catch up with friends who have been more fortunate. And that's ignoring the length of time for which my character has been gone.

Man I've been grinding Duct for about an hour. Starting to get bored TBH but dat money.

I've enjoyed the journey of slowly rising through the criminal ranks, thus far. Fleecing cars, robbing stores and participating in deathmatches and races. I don't see the need in accelerating the experience by cash farming, where others do. Certainly when I start to feel bored, I'd change up the activity.

Derrick01

Banned
So I'm able to play in a private session right now but my friend can't join me because the cloud is down for him. He's only a few hours from me so how the hell am I able to play? Does that mean when I quit nothing's going to save?

Just to keep from going insane from the monotony and hating the game, I'd recommend grinding Violent Duct a few times to give yourself a cash/RP infusion and cushion for dying, and do other well-paying missions when you unlock them by ranking up. If I have to steal that coke one more time...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just to keep from going insane from the monotony and hating the game, I'd recommend grinding Violent Duct a few times to give yourself a cash/RP infusion and cushion for dying, and do other well-paying missions when you unlock them by ranking up. If I have to steal that coke one more time...

There's one funny moment each time I farm it. How I do it is, I go on the on ramp to the freeway and take out the first 3-4 people I can see. Then, I shoot the gas tank and start running up the freeway to the trolley. I then shoot everyone else through the square opening (basically impossible for them to get out of your line of sight from up there). The only way to get down is to jump and your character will smash into everything and not land on his feet lol. Then just shoot the guy with the coke and drive it back to Gerald.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Pretty much my exact situation.

And I lost a world record.

I played the game the way I wanted to, up until level 14-15 when my character disappeared. I don't want to have grind my way back through the game to catch up with friends who have been more fortunate. And that's ignoring the length of time for which my character has been gone.

I've enjoyed the journey of slowly rising through the criminal ranks, thus far. Fleecing cars, robbing stores and participating in deathmatches and races. I don't see the need in accelerating the experience by cash farming, where others do. Certainly when I start to feel bored, I'd change up the activity.

I like shiney things. I can understand wanting to do it the 'hard' way though. The game just robs you blind at every opportunity though. The struggle is real.

I've been finding it impossible to play with friends. It seems it doesn't matter who it is but if I try to join them all I get is an 'unable to connect' message. They get the same when they try to join my game. So... Yay...

Mononoke

Banned
Grinded quite a bit today, made 350k. Not enough for the 400k apartment. I then said to myself: why am I doing this?

Honestly, while I understand why people grind to get money (I mean I did it) -- I can say that it really burned me out on the game. I mean, I can't play for another 4 days (have school). So I'll be good when the weekend comes. But lol. Farming isn't really for me I guess.

iratA

There are people reporting the loss of very high level characters. I've got maybe a dozen hours or more into this, I hope my character can be restored. What I'd like to know is how such a game breaking glitch is even possible post release and two patches later?

Dred-I

Neo Member
How do you change your crew emblem? I see people with custom emblems but I don't see that option anywhere on the social club site.
Managae crew - editcrew? Click on the emblem in the upper right hand corner. U should see a pencil. That takes u to the editor. U can store multiple custom logis fyi.

Holy shit. Getting an apartment is so worth it. Currently spectating 4 players using a helicopter to transport a car on top of a train. It's hilarious.

So I'm gonna assume when you get a high profile vehicle that Simeon wants that it appears for all players. I had one such vehicle after losing the sops. I than resprayed it and was ambushed for it by another player.

We went back and forth a kill or 2 until finally I booked it down to Simeon's garage, waited and ambushed the other guy and quickly delivered the vehicle.

I'm gonna assume this is how it works and he wasn't just some asshole gunning for me.

In the midst of all this someone destroyed my personal vehicle...

*EDIT* Can anyone confirm/deny this???

How come I get a crapload of money from racing but next to nothing for winning a deathmatch? Getting second in a race gave me over $2k, yet winning a ten minute or more deathmatch only rewarded me with $1k

There's one funny moment each time I farm it. How I do it is, I go on the on ramp to the freeway and take out the first 3-4 people I can see. Then, I shoot the gas tank and start running up the freeway to the trolley. I then shoot everyone else through the square opening (basically impossible for them to get out of your line of sight from up there). The only way to get down is to jump and your character will smash into everything and not land on his feet lol. Then just shoot the guy with the coke and drive it back to Gerald.

Theres a much easier way. Run towards the gang in the direction you're already facing. Kill the three people closest to you then grenade the two cars on the right. Once that's done hide behind the black car on the right and throw two grenades. One to the guyson the left, and one to the ones on the right .

There's only three people left now. Just hide behind a wall and shoot them.

It takes 2 mins solo. Maybe a little bit less.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Theres a much easier way. Run towards the gang in the direction you're already facing. Kill the three people closest to you then grenade the two cars on the right. Once that's done hide behind the black car on the right and throw two grenades. One to the guyson the left, and one to the ones on the right .

There's only three people left now. Just hide behind a wall and shoot them.

It takes 2 mins solo. Maybe a little bit less.

One of my slower runs took me 2 mins 30sec from start to delivery. Probably takes me anywhere from 2-3 mins. Not sure how much grenade vs. whatever gun ammo I use costs.

jacobs34

How come I get a crapload of money from racing but next to nothing for winning a deathmatch? Getting second in a race gave me over $2k, yet winning a ten minute or more deathmatch only rewarded me with $1k

Not too mention the fact that you lose money every time you die. Yeah. They need to change the payouts for TDM, or at least make it so you don't lose money every time you die.

Shady859

Finally finished SP story, bout to drive around buy the properties and then hit online hard. I played last night made it to 7 and had to fight every freaking white dot on the map it seemed..... Seriously for $100 and waste of time you wanna fight me....

Gaz_RB

I think it depends on how many people are in the match/how many kills you got. I usually make pretty decent money

Not too mention the fact that you lose money every time you die. Yeah. They need to change the payouts for TDM, or at least make it so you don't lose money every time you die.

I was losing money every time I died?? What a waste. It was fun as hell though, would love it if they fixed it

This game is not a good shooter, like at all, especially against AI. They're perfect little aimbots capable of dropping you with a shotgun from range while blindfiring, or getting that perfect shot as you're jumping across rooftops. Classic rockstar enemies - they don't suffer from the player's need to line up their shots from behind cover, as they can bum rush your position and fire with perfect reflexes and accuracy.

I've also gotten shot when entirely behind cover and have no idea why or what caused it.

As I'm just starting out in GTAO I have only the very lightest of armor, an uzi with an extended clip and a pistol. My problem isn't the specific act of aiming itself, its the fact that I take all this damage that whittles me down to my last gasp in moments, all while feeling artificial and cheap - full running enemies with perfect aim, getting shot behind cover, or getting nailed in that slice of time from when you pull out of cover and before you can calibrate your aim and take your shot.

Its lame.

Races can be fun though. So there's that. But without a truly solid set of shooting and cover mechanics along with weak and cheap AI mean that I probably won't find much lasting value here.

MYeager

I've only been doing missions, and then banking all the money immediately after (this is post patch as I never was able to get past the Mall or Nothing race initially). I don't have a cushion for dying, but as long as I don't have cash on me I haven't paid anything?

HenryHSH

Never got that retry prompt and I still lost my character... I got booted out while queuing for a mission so decided to take a break... Tried logging on a few hours later only to find out that I lost my character. Race wins/losses and Bank account still tracked on social club like everyone's screenshots.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I get all of these notifications above my gps map..

When will this spam (it literally posts everyone's jobs and missions) slow down?

I'm finally up to $150,000. Not sure if I want to purchase a cheap apartment now, or keep going and get the best I can get. So addicting!

I really want to purchase a Motorbike online, but need a garage to do so... might just purchase a house right now.

Gaz_RB

Shit I'm now labeled as a "Dodgy player". Guess I get kinda mad and blow up people's personal vehicles too much. Kinda bullshit...

Maybe I'm stupid, but I get all of these notifications above my gps map..

When will this spam (it literally posts everyone's jobs and missions) slow down?

I wouldn't really call it spam. Those aren't just when people play jobs, it's when they invite you.

Those invites are from when people choose Auto-Invite. The game then tries to populate the game with your Crew, your Friends list, everyone in your Free Roam instance and people who chose to "Join" the mission you're doing.

Players aren't spamming you, the Auto Invite system is.

Top Bottom