• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

How are people feeling about losing 5% of income when someone else kills you in freeroam?

Personally I think its bs, and I have seen people mention the killer should be the one that pays the medical bill. I really liked this idea.

Similar to blowing up someones car, the offender pays correct?

This way if people want to waste their money going around being assholes, they have to pay the price.

Are people still losing 5% of their income? I was pretty sure the recent patch made it so if you got killed you wouldn't lose money from your bank account. Unless you're talking about losing 5% of the cash you have with you.

Trigger

I wish the assassination missions from SP were in the multiplayer. I wonder if they're somewhere in that 700 missions that Rockstar claims to have made.

How are people feeling about losing 5% of income when someone else kills you in freeroam?

Personally I think its bs, and I have seen people mention the killer should be the one that pays the medical bill. I really liked this idea.

This way if people want to waste their money going around being assholes, they have to pay the price.

Likewise I mean shit the whole point is to kill eachother. Free roam should be like gta 4 all weapons and body armor scattered Around the map and every vehicle accessible

I think the closest we get to assasination missions are the bounties. Though if I were Rockstar I would have made a couple of missions where a high profile NPC in the city needs to be killed and they reward you for doing it stealthily.

Gaz_RB

I wish the assassination missions from SP were in the multiplayer. I wonder if they're somewhere in that 700 missions that Rockstar claims to have made.

There are some. Martin gives at least 2 to you.

You have to take a picture of the body. It's kinda cool.

If you just stop getting missions on your phone do you need to start doing more of the map stuff like races and team deathmatch to level up and receive more?

I guess I figured you'd naturally level up and there'd be a steady flow of the phone missions from Gerald and stuff. Instead I'm finding me and my friends asking each other if anyone has a phone mission to do and we're coming up short.

Trigger

There are some. Martin gives at least 2 to you.

You have to take a picture of the body. It's kinda cool.

What level do you have to be to get it?

If you just stop getting missions on your phone do you need to start doing more of the map stuff like races and team deathmatch to level up and receive more?

I guess I figured you'd naturally level up and there'd be a steady flow of the phone missions from Gerald and stuff. Instead I'm finding me and my friends asking each other if anyone has a phone mission to do and we're coming up short.

Why not just call Gerald?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Jesus, I know!
I sat with a friend in a lobby for 5 minutes because we really wanted to try the vehicular deathmatch with tanks but no one would joint. Tried everyone in session, the whole GAF crew, friends list, skill match, everything. NADA.

Does anyone know if you get wasted by a player if you still have to pay the medical fee? I finished a survival match and got killed a few times by a camper before I chased his ass off and noticed I was short $10k. I had zero cash on me, all was in the bank. I was killed by cops at least once because as I defended myself I must have nicked a squad car and had cops all over me.

Each time I die I've been taxed. I haven't really checked after R* said that was a bug that was fixed so I'm unsure if it's still happening.

I did get taxed 2 grand last night after I hit a cement truck that pulled out in front of me then the NPC driver pulled me from the car and threw two haymakers that sent me flying into oncoming traffic.

Lima

Call them to request new jobs.

How about adding consequences to actually killing someone. If I kill a griefer he

a) spawns so near he can spray me with an SMG withing 3 seconds of me killing him
b) kill me and then immediately switch servers to avoid further combat
c) vote me off the server

Can't see how 'homies' help there.

Basic random pvp combat is so bad in this game because of badly thought out mechanisms.

^ Both of these.

I emailed the GTA Online email address requesting that this be tuned down. Losing 5% of your income is way too significant for a death in free roam... the penalty is way too high, especially because mission payouts are generally pretty low.

5% of your overall cash encourages you to not explore the world, not test the limits of the game, and to actively avoid every player in the game. It should be 5% of your cash on hand with a minimum of $100, not your overall cash. So, let's say you're carrying $2,000 and someone kills you, it should cost $100 for medical bills only taken out of your cash on hand... And if you have $0 cash on hand, then you don't pay out... Think of it like Medicare :D

But, 5% of your overall cash means that every worthless death (like getting griefed) just potentially undid an hour of missions in the game... If you get $2,000 as a reward for doing a PvE mission and you die ONCE in free roam, well that whole mission is now meaningless.

This happened to me yesterday. I did a Simeon or Gerald mission and as soon as I came back to the free world, a guy took a car and drove into me the second I spawned. And then backed up and hit me again, causing me to die. I have about $40,000 in the bank, and so that mission I did was undone in about 1 second and I couldn't have done anything about it.

If it's 5% of your cash on hand, it would not make the death penalty so steep.

I don't think they'll tune it though. And that's a shame.

Each time I die I've been taxed. I haven't really checked after R* said that was a bug that was fixed so I'm unsure if it's still happening.

I did get taxed 2 grand last night after I hit a cement truck that pulled out in front of me then the NPC driver pulled me from the car and threw two haymakers that sent me flying into oncoming traffic.

Yup boss each death money is deducted from ur bank account

Plasmid

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

From the support page.

I was playing saturday after the patch and if I lost any money I didn't notice. Most of the times I died was in-mission so there are no hospital bills there.

He's mainly talking about how killing and spawn killing mercilessly is fine, but blowing up someone's personal vehicle rewards you with an unchangeable dunce hat and takes away the ability to play with your friends for two days.

yeah, the personal vehicle thing is dumb. a guy with a bounty entered ammunation to be essentially non-killable. I destroyed his car.

Acorn

Hey its Lester, for this mission you need a Heli but we won't spawn one on the fucking map or give you a marker! Good luck!

WHAT THE HELL ARGH

todahawk

Thanks, I figured as much.

That reminds me, I was also knocked into traffic and run over by a cop and eventually killed by one of the 5 other cars that joined the party.

Tried joining you a few times last night Rob, had major issues connecting to sessions. I did get in some Survival runs with me and some non-GAF friends beat it a few times to snag $20k each time. I've got enough for a basic house with a 2 car garage now! :)
Actually, I need another $5k after the fookin' medical bills :(

Acorn

Jesus, I know!
I sat with a friend in a lobby for 5 minutes because we really wanted to try the vehicular deathmatch with tanks but no one would joint. Tried everyone in session, the whole GAF crew, friends list, skill match, everything. NADA.

Does anyone know if you get wasted by a player if you still have to pay the medical fee? I finished a survival match and got killed a few times by a camper before I chased his ass off and noticed I was short $10k. I had zero cash on me, all was in the bank. I was killed by cops at least once because as I defended myself I must have nicked a squad car and had cops all over me.
Pain in the ass. If you're on 360 add me (Ant26587) don't have a mic at the moment but I'm always looking to play missions.

yeah, the personal vehicle thing is dumb. a guy with a bounty entered ammunation to be essentially non-killable. I destroyed his car.

You can kill people while they're in Ammu-Nation ... with weapon selected you have to half open the door without fully entering and it still lets you shoot.

Tawpgun

Sticky bombs are so much fucking fun online. Especially when your enemies don't have them yet.

Yup. There was one dude in this server that kept having Bounties put on him, for what I believe was to lure other players to him into sticky bomb traps. He would barricade himself somewhere and leave traps, or put some on a vehicle and drive it into people (killing himself does nothing to the bounty)

I managed to kill him twice. First time, I was chasing him while he had a bounty on him, and I managed to corner him, so I came at me and I couldn't get the headshot off, so he suicide car bombed me. We respawn and I see him get into the helicopter I had so I shot him out of it. Bounty mine.

Second, he was holding out in an ammunation with sticky bombs, killing other players that came in and himself. At one point he gets driven out, so me and my friend got him in some tunnels, and him being his cocky self he tries to suicide bomb us, but I had put a sticky trap on the road in front of us. So I pretend to stand still trying to shoot him but when he gets close, BOOM! $7000 bounty mine.

Then I had to HAUL ass out of there to safely deposit it since I had like 3 other players also gunning for him.

I love this gaaaaame.

I think it hates me, won like 5 tdm games out of 50 and kept being put in missons where my side has 1-2 less. Having to rob banks after every 2-3 missions to break even.

Tawpgun

Hey its Lester, for this mission you need a Heli but we won't spawn one on the fucking map or give you a marker! Good luck!

WHAT THE HELL ARGH

I did a Martin mission where he says we should try and parachute into a Mansion compound. But no helos... so we had to power our way through guns blazing.

Did another Lester mission where he provides you with an armored car and TWO GRENADES. TWO FUCKING GRENADES. In order to destroy 2 police cruisers, 1 Riot van, 4 police bikes and a Police bus.

Thank god I had extra grenades and sticky bombs I bought WITH MY OWN MONEY.

To make matters worse that mission was probably a loss or break even for me, considering sticky bombs and nades are expensive and that intense, hard ass mission only paid $2000 They really need to adjust some money issues in this game.

Deleted my old character who kept having his stats reset, now seem to be having better luck with a new character. I guess it helps to be proactive.

Also, some dickwad kept ganking me while my guard was down, despite only collecting $100 per death. Ended up costing me $7000 in bills cause I exacted revenge a few times on him and risked more death. I don't want to enable that crappy mode where you can't kill or be killed.

WHAT THE HELL ARGH

There seem to be a constant supply of choppers from the helipad near the Los Santos marina. Once I hit level 10, they started being there constantly.

I start up GTAOnline from single player, making sure its a friends only lobby. I send out some invites and do basic upkeep while people trickle in. We might free roam for a bit but then we'll start launching missions, and depending upon the mission we may open it up to matchmaking. As long as you're doing missions this is fine. When you want to go back to free roam, everybody quits out of voting, cancels, and then I send the invites out again. Rinse, repeat.
So wait; if everyone goes back into free roam after doing a mission together with no match making after being in a private session, it doesn't put all of you back into the private session? That's irritating.

Is there any way to play rally mode?
I've never done it but apparently you pick any race, host it, and when you're setting it up rally should be an option.

That whats we've been doing.

I start up GTAOnline from single player, making sure its a friends only lobby. I send out some invites and do basic upkeep while people trickle in. We might free roam for a bit but then we'll start launching missions, and depending upon the mission we may open it up to matchmaking. As long as you're doing missions this is fine. When you want to go back to free roam, everybody quits out of voting, cancels, and then I send the invites out again. Rinse, repeat.

I think on the voting screen, if you all choose free roam from the option, it'll put you in the same game world... though I don't know if it's private anymore.

Unlock and call Martin. There was this sweet mission I went on where we had to parachute into a mansion surrounded by bodyguards. Kill a specific target and take and picture of the body.

I think they show a glimpse of it in the GTA Online trailer that was released awhile ago.

disappointed how quickly pistol is outclassed online.

I'm finding the combat pistol to still be awesome. It is powerful and has a really good range. (character is at shooting lvl 3)

Marleyman

Banned
Unlock and call Martin. There was this sweet mission I went on where we had to parachute into a mansion surrounded by bodyguards. Kill a specific target and take and picture of the body.

I think they show a glimpse of it in the GTA Online trailer that was released awhile ago.

Have you lost your character yet? You seem to have been super fortunate so far. I tried to get on last night and everything was gone; 3rd time for me.

Alienous

disappointed how quickly pistol is outclassed online.

Play without lock-on, and get your headshot game up.

Using the skills drilled into me by MGO, I could quickly eliminate multiple people with headshots, using my pistol, whilst they used SMG's/Shotguns in GTAO.

Center the targets head on your screen, tap L1, tap R1, rinse and repeat.

Tawpgun

5tvz6oG.jpg

HAHAHAHA

This game

I think missions need to be organised better.

Very muddled at the moment seemingly. ...and too many drive here, steal car, drive back missions.

Have you lost your character yet? You seem to have been super fortunate so far. I tried to get on last night and everything was gone; 3rd time for me.
God damn man. I don't know how you keep playing. I'd have probably quit after losing my character for the first time, at least for a while. So far I've been very lucky.

Top Bottom