• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

LkPr

Anyone know where the "Free 2 car garage" is from signing up for Social Club? There's a tip about it and it's on the Social Club website... I've just never seen it.

Someone mentioned a few posts ago the free car could be bought but there is no "free" garage in the apartment listings....

Ding-Ding

The garage is sparse at the moment (only brought the place a short time ago) but here is my baby. Now with armour and bulletproof tires. Come and have a go if you think your hard enough!

slkj0Cw.jpg

Um... whoever Wendigo69 is, if it was your intention to farm Violent Duct, it's not a good idea to do it in free aim.
Also, was that another gang attacking us? How the hell did that happen lol

At around level 7 you get the option of tweaking your character in the character creator. I missed the chance to do this and I was wondering if you can change your character's appearance at any other time?

I think it mentions that is the last time you'll be able to do anything like that.

breakfuss

Curiously, there's no separate thread putting Rockstar on blast for this fucking incompetence. Had it been Activision or EA, they wouldn't have even lasted a day before the GAF pitchforks were brought out. I'm pretty pissed.

eival

i just got a text from Lester saying how i need a nice apartment and that he has some big scores coming in.

im up to like 25 now and still havent gotten anything from him, has anyone gotten actual missions from Lester yet, or is that just a teasing about the heist stuff

Does anyone know if I were to sell my apartment for another one, would the cars in my garage transfer? I have the eclipse tower apartment, but would rather have something right in the middle of the city.

i just got a text from Lester saying how i need a nice apartment and that he has some big scores coming in.

im up to like 25 now and still havent gotten anything from him, has anyone gotten actual missions from Lester yet, or is that just a teasing about the heist stuff

No heists yet. They will be added as a free update later. You will need an apartment though to have a planning board to setup heists. He may just be teasing. There are some good missions through him at your level. You go on "mile high package" yet? (i think that's what its called) These are missions where you need to actually have more things planned out. Like acquiring a helicopter to transport your crew to the top of a skyscraper.

skynidas

Banned

I have gotten like 3 missions from Lester and i'm also level 25

Trigger

Curiously, there's no separate thread putting on Rockstar on blast for this fucking incompetence. Had it been Activision or EA, they wouldn't have even lasted a day before the GAF pitchforks were brought out. I'm pretty pissed.

Be the change you want to see. Make the thread if you think this game's problems warrant it.

He's a liar. At least, if the jobs he's giving me are big scores, he's keeping 99.9% of the score. Some interesting missions though. Had a co op one from him that splits you and a partner up into two teams with different objectives. One has to get to a vantage and cover the other while they move in to steal a chopper.

I'm hoping that multiple objective functionality is a sign to come if/when complex heists are implemented.

eival

I have gotten like 3 missions from Lester and i'm also level 25

what kind of missions were they?

so far he's just kept telling me how i can order hits on people and get the cops off me and stuff.

also doing that Downtown race while listening to a podcast or something made it seem less grindy, and its about the same length of time as the airport one but has turns and stuff so theres some sort of mental stimulation rather than going around in a circle

pringles

I've done one or two missions, they're a bit more difficult and complex than the earlier ones.

But don't even bother with "High Priority Case". Most stupid mission ever.

^ Both of these.

I emailed the GTA Online email address requesting that this be tuned down. Losing 5% of your income is way too significant for a death in free roam... the penalty is way too high, especially because mission payouts are generally pretty low.

5% of your overall cash encourages you to not explore the world, not test the limits of the game, and to actively avoid every player in the game. It should be 5% of your cash on hand with a minimum of $100, not your overall cash. So, let's say you're carrying $2,000 and someone kills you, it should cost $100 for medical bills only taken out of your cash on hand... And if you have $0 cash on hand, then you don't pay out... Think of it like Medicare :D

But, 5% of your overall cash means that every worthless death (like getting griefed) just potentially undid an hour of missions in the game... If you get $2,000 as a reward for doing a PvE mission and you die ONCE in free roam, well that whole mission is now meaningless.

This happened to me yesterday. I did a Simeon or Gerald mission and as soon as I came back to the free world, a guy took a car and drove into me the second I spawned. And then backed up and hit me again, causing me to die. I have about $40,000 in the bank, and so that mission I did was undone in about 1 second and I couldn't have done anything about it.

If it's 5% of your cash on hand, it would not make the death penalty so steep.

I don't think they'll tune it though. And that's a shame.

$100 isn't nearly steep enough. I think you should be able to buy health insurance, you still have to pay a premium ever in game "week". Different premiums land you different discounts. Maybe even have packages like the "reckless driver plan" pay only 2.5% if you die while In a vehicle.

Ploid 3.0

Curiously, there's no separate thread putting Rockstar on blast for this fucking incompetence. Had it been Activision or EA, they wouldn't have even lasted a day before the GAF pitchforks were brought out. I'm pretty pissed.

Also there was no thread about GTA5 shipping without a online mode, no reviews giving it a con for not having online (it will be here and it will be awesome, seemed to be the thought from them), and people seem to be waiting on people to complain about GTA5 to chalk it up to GAF being GAF. They are waiting on the backlash to say GAF just hates popular things.

I don't usually start threads, but if there was one for GTA Online problems I would be in there to give my experience with it. It's a mess, I even said it was a hot mess" in this thread. I lost a ton of characters. I'm surprised the one I have now lived so long. It would have been killed too if I didn't start waiting when they disappear from the online character select menu. Joining games is a ton of trouble that can freeze your game, or maybe cause your character to be missing the next time you try. Sending invites is a wide net that seem to spam people as if it was an advertisement, making it easy to ignore or realize it was a mission invite. "Who is this Ploid, is he in my crew?" Sometimes you don't even realize it's not from a ingame character.

wow so anyone can just kick you from a lobby? this is the second time in a row i'm just minding my own business and just driving around when it said I got kicked. and it kicks you all the way back to single player. wtf. come on rockstar really?

Mononoke

Banned
So is there any reason why you can't run in your apartment? I know this sounds like a really nitpicky complaint. But after running non-stop around the world, being forced to walk slowly in here is kind of annoying. I know, first world problems.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Geralds missions are my favorite by far.

Another good money mission is "No Hay Bronca" it's a bit longer but I like playing it better than Violent Duct. Pays out 9k too.

Astery

It really occurs to be weird to me that you can't actually have a sample tour in a property before you buy it like in real life. You only get the directions and nothing else....

Also, what's the use of calling your friends in your phone? All i got is a phone charging fee (seriously?) and players are only busy all the time.

So is there any reason why you can't run in your apartment? I know this sounds like a really nitpicky complaint. But after running non-stop around the world, being forced to walk slowly in here is kind of annoying. I know, first world problems.

I believe that while in all interiors characters walk don't they?

It really occurs to be weird to me that you can't actually have a sample tour in a property before you buy it like in real life. You only get the directions and nothing else....

Yeah, I don't know why they just didn't also allow pictures to be displayed in the properties description. I actually thing its because most of the luxury apartments share a lot of the same assets. Even in completely different buildings.

Trigger

Another good money mission is "No Hay Bronca" it's a bit longer but I like playing it better than Violent Duct. Pays out 9k too.

The second half of No Hay Bronca is such a bitch though. lol, it takes me forever to blow things up!

Yeah this one is nice. When your whole team is dead and you're the only dude alive, take out every one, pour gasoline on the floor so that one trail blows up all the cars, light it up, get in your muscle car and start driving while hearing everything exploding.
Feels good man.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I played that a lot too. I'd take VD over it because it's less risk and shorter, but I don't ignore it when VD don't show up. I use a grenade to blow up the two cars together without the gas canister near them to rush the process, which adds to the ammunition cost.

Mononoke

Banned
I believe that while in all interiors characters walk don't they?

Yeah, I don't know why they just didn't also allow pictures to be displayed in the properties description. I actually thing its because most of the luxury apartments share a lot of the same assets. Even in completely different buildings.

I think in single player, you could run in your apartment. But I could be wrong. Oh well.

moai

this is getting stupid. can´t play the game since yesterday, waiting for my character to reappear and it may never be back :(

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh wow. Lol this entire time, I wasted all that money. I just hope it's not a timed thing. I have no room to store it. Need to buy an apartment first.

The Elegy RH8 has been available since launch in single player, and since the patch for multiplayer, it will as far as we know be free forever.

Marleyman

Banned
this is getting stupid. can´t play the game since yesterday, waiting for my character to reappear and it may never be back :(

I am periodically checking the social club site for any updates to my missing character; certain stats are there as is my bank but that is it. Feels bad man...real bad. Did you send @rockstargamessupport a tweet about it? I did, even though they never responded.

Top Bottom