• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Under Settings->Online you should have the ability to turn on/off notifications for a couple of different things, including multiplayer and social club stuff.

but which settings exactly? just to turn off the multiplayer messages and nothing else. i tried, but failed to understand which ones.

Liked the game 2 days ago. But since my Lvl 31 character and his 200K was deleted I've decided to not play anymore. Haven't played in hopes my character would come back. Looks as though it is not happening so I won't play anymore. O well, for 30 hours it was a good game. My friends will be dissapointed, but I've got Arkham Origins in a few weeks, PS4 soon after.

Oh hell yeah, I just discovered my favorite pass-time!

Either call mercenaries or put a huge bounty on a guy from you apartment then then tuning in to watch them on TV. Another few levels and I'll be able to watch airstrikes on this thing.

Alienous

Liked the game 2 days ago. But since my Lvl 31 character and his 200K was deleted I've decided to not play anymore. Haven't played in hopes my character would come back. Looks as though it is not happening so I won't play anymore. O well, for 30 hours it was a good game. My friends will be dissapointed, but I've got Arkham Origins in a few weeks, PS4 soon after.

Yep.

If my character comes back, then I'll jump back on. But even in the few days that have gone past, people have advanced so far.

Oh hell yeah, I just discovered my favorite pass-time!

Either call mercenaries or put a huge bounty on a guy from you apartment then then tuning in to watch them on TV. Another few levels and I'll be able to watch airstrikes on this thing.

How does that work? Does it show you the player's perspective?

Yep.

If my character comes back, then I'll jump back on. But even in the few days that have gone past, people have advanced so far.

tumblr_mu1ztecG931qbcoo4o5_250.gif

Exactly.

Ploid 3.0

http://25.mediaG]
[SPOILER]I want to repost for those that didn't see what I spent half my night on yesterday xD[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Perfect.

I'm kind of paranoid to continue playing on my character after people that had missing characters not show up for days. Those characters look totally gone, just like my first slot character which caused me to make my current character in slot two. My slot two is 29 now, almost 30, I don't want to make a slot 1 in hopes it's ghost decides to resurrect in slot 2. I spent so much money and my bank is a joke so I would lose too much.

tumblr_mua512jE8u1riirq5o1_r2_500.gif

GTAO, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this multiplayer is the worst hell online... Hope. Every gaffer who has ventured here over the weeks since launch has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have characters have been wiped out by the cloud . I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize GTAO, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls that online will work one day. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Leslie Benzies destiny... We will destroy the cloud service and then, when it is done and GtaO is ashes, then you have my permission to play CoD

Ploid 3.0

Passive mode is only 10 seconds now?

Are you sure you activated it and didn't deactivate it? When you deactivate it a countdown starts so you can't deactivate to use weapons and reactivate it when you need a shield. People with quick menu use skills would be able to abuse that so good.

Gorillaz

Playing survival with dude on friends list, he hosted it and talked up how much he wanted to play it.

This fool rage quits after round 2. Never again

SSReborn

Are you sure you activated it and didn't deactivate it? When you deactivate it a countdown starts so you can't deactivate to use weapons and reactivate it when you need a shield. People with quick menu use skills would be able to abuse that so good.

Oh okay that is probably what happened yeah I did try to activate it again by accident fumbling with the menus.

Some epic GAF times tonight with Rogue. We tried to go for the bounty achievement by placing them on each other. And then scores of other players came to kill us. Would've escaped too, if not for flying into a missile. Stealing a jet from the base was wild- it is so hard to get outta there without getting gunned down! I flew about for a good 30 minutes, happy to have done it!

Aha, so it was you I played with last night!

Alienous

tumblr_mua512jE8u1riirq5o1_r2_500.gif

GTAO, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this multiplayer is the worst hell online... Hope. Every gaffer who has ventured here over the weeks since launch has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have characters have been wiped out by the cloud . I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize GTAO, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls that online will work one day. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Leslie Benzies destiny... We will destroy the cloud service and then, when it is done and GtaO is ashes, then you have my permission to play CoD

You can see right up into the clouds, and try as you might to climb towards them, you will never reach them. You won't even get close.

I just had an amazing encounter!

I saw someone getting chased on the mini map so I go to assist. The guy getting chased crashes his car and is getting fired at by the chaser. I crash into the chaser sending him spinning out of control and honk for the other guy to get into my car. It felt like The Terminator " Come with me if you want to live". He gets in then I drive him to safety. We part ways and he sends me $500!

I can't wait until the issues with online are fixed because it can be intense.

I created a new emblem for my crew, but i can't get it to publish.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I don't think this has worked right since servers started getting slammed. Saw a Rockstar rep mention on another forum that it can take a few days for the emblem to show up correctly after you hit publish.

majik13

This is a joke!! So I join a game/mission where there is a package of coke on the coast where a group of four of you have to drive and collect it before the other team. So there is 8 of us in the lobby the game starts and goes to the team screen. I'm sat here waiting to start then all of a sudden my team starts leaving or so I thought, I switch view to the other team and see seven players. They allow people to switch teams and make it unbalanced!! That isn't the worst part either, because I quit out I get a bad sport rating (this is the first time I've quit out of a mission) and get put in a bad sport lobby with only me!!

Hmm didn't get a dunce hat, guess it may have been a glitch I hope!

I am really enjoying the game, but yeah there are a bunch of weird things and hiccups, with the game.

I especially hate, how easy it is to beat down your teammates accidentally. Sometimes we wont even be near each other, we will be across the room, and I am firing at a cop, and then warp across the room and beat down my crew member. Or we go into rob a liqour store, ihe game tells you, tofire your gun to intimdate the clerk. Someone tries to fire over the clerk, and about 2 crew members die from unintentional beatdowns.

There either needs to be...

1. just a melee button, (controls would have to be changed). And make the fire gun button only fire your gun.
2. remove melee when close to a crew member.(maybe a quick option in the select menu)
3. make the melee do less damage, as is now, it is 1 hit kill.

Arcteryx

Yay, finally unlocked Armored Trucks again.

Also: I would pay good money for a DLC pack with classic Rockstar games outfits. I want that Mona Sax chest holster/red jacket.

HT UK

BobTheFork from the PS3 crew is a legend!

I was robbing a store. I ran outside with the cash. Only to find he'd randomly turned up with a helicopter for my getaway.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yay, finally unlocked Armored Trucks again.

Also: I would pay good money for a DLC pack with classic Rockstar games outfits. I want that Mona Sax chest holster/red jacket.

I'm level 30 and have yet to see an armored truck. I've done at least 6-7 gang attacks, though.

I am really enjoying the game, but yeah there are a bunch of weird things and hiccups, with the game.

I especially hate, how easy it is to beat down your teammates accidentally. Sometimes we wont even be near each other, we will be across the room, and I am firing at a cop, and then warp across the room and beat down my crew member. Or we go into rob a liqour store, ihe game tells you, tofire your gun to intimdate the clerk. Someone tries to fire over the clerk, and about 2 crew members die from unintentional beatdowns.

There either needs to be...

1. just a melee button, (controls would have to be changed). And make the fire gun button only fire your gun.
2. remove melee when close to a crew member.(maybe a quick option in the select menu)
3. make the melee do less damage, as is now, it is 1 hit kill.

Circle/B is pistol whip. Don't know why they have the "fire" button contextualized. If I want to melee, I'll melee. If I want to shoot someone, pointblank, let me.

Ahhh! Too many posts!

Not a good solution, could be really abused just to grief people. For instance, if you have $500,000 because you've been grinding on a high paying mission,a nd I have $40,000, it'd really suck to just put $8000 bounties on my head.

Possible solutions:
- Bounty lasts for a specific amount of time, let's say, 10 minutes. If the person with the bounty on their head can survive for 10 minutes in the server, the bounty clears and they get the reward
- If they die, whoever kills them collects the bounty
- If they leave the server, the person who put the bounty on their head gets their money back

Arguably, the bounties are placed because some guy was griefing you. If he leaves the server, you've done your job to get him to leave you alone. But if you're just going around putting bounties on random people, then you deserve a dunce cap.

This would be a great change, it'd give incentive to the person with the bounty on them to actually stay in the session. Also agree on your other post about the amount of money being taken out of for deaths, way too much considering what little we earn, especially for a game that should be encouraging you to try crazy shit.

I only had one instance where a bounty was put on me and I didn't find a decent hiding spot quick enough so I was only able to kill 2 people before a third gunned me down.

As to the bad sport system it needs a lot of work. Out of the 10 tennis matches I've attempted to play, only ONE person has finished the whole thing with me. I don't mean to brag but I'm pretty decent at tennis. So when I've won 3 games in a row the fuckers tend to quit on me.

Does Tennis even up your stamina online? Seems to me like they should make shit like tennis or golf raise your stamina/'health bar faster as to give an incentive for players to play it.

Bad Sport definately needs work, I got kicked from a session and it flagged ME for being a Bad Sport, WTF? Also Tennis is like the other sports or well Golf, are supposed to increase your strength at least by the rules of the the story mode. However I did a couple sets and my strength didn't move at all.

Oh and yeah, I won a game, the fucker didn't quit but as soon as the game ended they ran up to me and blew me away with their shotgun. >_>

Unlock and call Martin. There was this sweet mission I went on where we had to parachute into a mansion surrounded by bodyguards. Kill a specific target and take and picture of the body.

I think they show a glimpse of it in the GTA Online trailer that was released awhile ago.

I'm finding the combat pistol to still be awesome. It is powerful and has a really good range. (character is at shooting lvl 3)

I <3 my .50 Cal Pistol from the SE with its free silencer. Also good at range and headshots. I think it's either equal or a little better than the combat pistol. Having not needed to pay for it in game is also nice. Been wondering if we can drop those weapons and others pick them up.

Been thinking about options,

What do you all think about no penalty (or very small) for getting killed in freeroam, however if you enter into a 1v1 duel, that is where you can lose the 5% or whatever the larger penalty would be.

I think you need to lose SOME money from dying in free roam but that 5% should be capped not to exceed a certain amount, an amount much lower than what it currently is. Would be nice if game could tell who initiated combat that would take care of the getting a bad sport flag for blowing up an attacker's vehicle and perhaps make the penalty greater for attacking someone than the person who was attacked if the attacker ends up getting killed by their target. Say the attacker would lose $1,000 if their attack ends with them being dead while the attacked would lose $500. Maybe increase it the more that attacker goes after the same person over a certain amount of time maybe a 50% increase or just continue to double it. I bet that would make a lot of people think twice about repeatedly killing someone and maybe even go further and allow medical bills to put you into debt if you can't afford to pay it, kind of like real life here in the U.S.!

Oh you know, they could go the easy route for the ridiculous hospital costs and implement health insurance to reduce the cost by 80%. Losing $400 would be a lot better than $2,000.

Try going to the real estate web site, it'll be marked as free from what I understand.

Nope, maybe it's the $25,000 and maybe you have to buy it and it doesn't cost anything but no idea and I don't want to waste money to try.

Qwell

Well I have had pretty good luck playing with the Gaf the Third Crew on PS3 the past few days. Been able to start up Violent Duct farming every night with a crew, made over 1.3million at least.

Bob just knows, whenever you're in need he's there for you.
I need to start a service.

I bought some cars and ATV's for the crib. I want to pimp out a super car next.
I found a good way to channel my anger. If I lose the race, I call a hit sqaud on the winner. No need to rage quit.

majik13

Circle/B is pistol whip. Don't know why they have the "fire" button contextualized. If I want to melee, I'll melee. If I want to shoot someone, pointblank, let me.

yeah, but also the pistol whip only works when your gun is fully loaded, otherwise, it reloads. I think thy need a dedicated melee button. I think, not sure what happens when you try to reload next to someone. The contextual melee needs to go either way.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I just had an amazing encounter!

I saw someone getting chased on the mini map so I go to assist. The guy getting chased crashes his car and is getting fired at by the chaser. I crash into the chaser sending him spinning out of control and honk for the other guy to get into my car. It felt like The Terminator " Come with me if you want to live". He gets in then I drive him to safety. We part ways and he sends me $500!

I can't wait until the issues with online are fixed because it can be intense.

jacknicholsonnod.gif

Obscura

anyone know how to turn off all the multiplayer stuff from single player? it's starting to piss me off.

i'm talking about the notifications that pop up when a friend is playing whatever mode and invites and all that, i want them OFF in single player, they are distracting me when i'm trying to do missions and stuff (there's already too much clutter on screen with the tips, minimap and everything). i looked at the settings of course, but they are a bit confusing.. i disactivated what i thought were the right notifications but i still kept getting them. i tried disactivating some other options but then they also affected single-player related alerts when i get messages from NPC characters and such... highly annoying.

also, why the hell are people from my friends list as contacts in Michael's etc phone? can i remove them? how?

and yeah i would play totally offline to avoid all this shit, BUT then i can't take and save pictures because Social Club. ugh.

I'm not 100% certain but I think if you set your profile to appear offline it disables notifications. You definitely don't get single player friend notifications.

Can someone explain garages to me?

I bought a bike, which appeared in my (2 car) garage; I found a car, took it to my garage; I took my bike out for a spin; went back to my garage; got a message saying I had too many vehicles in my garage and what did I want to do; I went in and had the option to replace 'empty' with the bike; I think at that point I was totally confused and backed out; went back outside and my bike was gone; went back into my garage and my bike was gone but my car was there.

Does that make any sense to anyone else? Because it doesn't make any sense to me.

This may have been answered; when do I get to start selling cars to Simeon? Do I have to do that one Deathmatch he refers you to to get him to contact me?

HT UK

Everyone just suddenly disappeared from my game on PS3. A guy from the crew was driving the car I was in. He's been replaced by AI now, who is still driving me around.

Top Bottom