• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

When mine was working I couldn't find the so called CE garage I was supposed to get. Did anyone who bought the CE get the garage?

You have to look on the real estate website and you will see a garage listed for Free. Also, if you go car shopping you should have some free vehicles you didn't know about. Haha.

Oh God, It's going to take a long fucking time to get a million

Took my buddy from 1pm to 2am spamming Violent Duct to hit a million. I don't know how he could stand something like that. I could only keep going to 30 minutes.

Marleyman

Banned
You have to look on the real estate website and you will see a garage listed for Free. Also, if you go car shopping you should have some free vehicles you didn't know about. Haha.

I saw a small 2 car garage that I grabbed for free but was told it was a different free one through the social club. I did grab the cars for free haha.

Ploid 3.0

Increased tension. I love them. Makes you think more.

Yeah respawning in games makes you play with less thought. I liked SOCOM 2 because of the value death had. Killing any enemy helped the team, and having one person alive could end up winning with everyone on the edge of their seats. Good times. I haven't tried it in GTA Online though. I don't really like the gun control. I bet people will just lock on anyway.

Tawpgun

Yeah respawning in games makes you play with less thought. I liked SOCOM 2 because of the value death had. Killing any enemy helped the team, and having one person alive could end up winning with everyone on the edge of their seats. Good times. I haven't tried it in GTA Online though. I don't really like the gun control. I bet people will just lock on anyway.
Not if you play in a free aim lobby.

I had some intense LTS matches.My first GTA Online PvP moment was a 1 on 1 LTS.

moai

I am periodically checking the social club site for any updates to my missing character; certain stats are there as is my bank but that is it. Feels bad man...real bad. Did you send @rockstargamessupport a tweet about it? I did, even though they never responded.

yeah, i contacted them. no response. i think my character is lost for ever but of course i'm afraid to create another on the slim chance that i erase it.

Play in a free aim room. R* didn't explain this but whatever you set your aim settings to in SP it will put you in a room with your desired aim settings.

MYeager

Curiously, there's no separate thread putting Rockstar on blast for this fucking incompetence. Had it been Activision or EA, they wouldn't have even lasted a day before the GAF pitchforks were brought out. I'm pretty pissed.

Given the title of this thread and that most of the comments within are related to the issues, wouldn't a separate thread be redundant? I'd think it would be preferable to keep it within the OT thread, so that people are aware of the continuing problems. Unless it's just a venting thing, the thread itself is pretty filled with pitchforks.

Also there was no thread about GTA5 shipping without a online mode, no reviews giving it a con for not having online (it will be here and it will be awesome, seemed to be the thought from them), and people seem to be waiting on people to complain about GTA5 to chalk it up to GAF being GAF. They are waiting on the backlash to say GAF just hates popular things.

I don't remember a review factoring the pending online as influential towards a positive or negative score and they reviewed specifically the single player game. Even though the online has issues currently, that certainly hasn't impacted my view of the game as a whole negatively.

I don't think it's GAF being GAF, since GAF is made up of individuals who are all affected differently. I do think Rockstar should've called this the Online Beta period, as I think people would be more understanding of the flaws, and I don't think you'll find anyone who wouldn't admit that the online mode has some very significant flaws to it.

Hopefully this is just the rough part and will smooth out soon. There's some interesting stuff they've done for the Online. I certainly empathize with anyone who bails because they've lost entire characters though, that just sucks.

Took my buddy from 1pm to 2am spamming Violent Duct to hit a million. I don't know how he could stand something like that. I could only keep going to 30 minutes.

Im in a group doing that now. It's been going a loooong time

lzbjh5t.jpg

So when you request a random job from an NPC, is it possible that the only jobs they issue are ones you have already played? I.e., if you only do Violent Duct for Gerald and no other job for him, when you request a random job, are you definitely going to get Violent Duct?

I'm asking because it seemed to work that way for me when I requested a job from Simeon the other day. He gave me one of the two jobs I'd already done for him.

Thankfully, there seem to be a lot of requests to tune down the death penalty in free roam online. It is just way too high... Thankfully there's a reddit post where that's a major complaint nd getting lots of feedback, so that's good.

Acorn

Thankfully, there seem to be a lot of requests to tune down the death penalty in free roam online. It is just way too high... Thankfully there's a reddit post where that's a major complaint nd getting lots of feedback, so that's good.
Wait until you get the Ak47 unlocked, you will welcome fools trying to screw you with that fire spewing beast.

About an hour ago some tool smg'd me for no reason. I spent the next 15 minutes repeatedly killing him with my lovely AK.

Acorn

Are the 360 servers up right now? So far all I have ever gotten is a cannot connect message. Now I get a server unavailable message.
I've been playing most of the day, just came off for a break about 20 minutes ago. Everything seemed fine, although I think the matchmaking is broken, either that or all anyone wants to do is run around like a headless chicken in free roam.

eival

He's a liar. At least, if the jobs he's giving me are big scores, he's keeping 99.9% of the score. Some interesting missions though. Had a co op one from him that splits you and a partner up into two teams with different objectives. One has to get to a vantage and cover the other while they move in to steal a chopper.

I'm hoping that multiple objective functionality is a sign to come if/when complex heists are implemented.

I've done one or two missions, they're a bit more difficult and complex than the earlier ones.

But don't even bother with "High Priority Case". Most stupid mission ever.

so is Lester's missions only 2+ players?

maybe thats why i havent heard from him cause im playing solo.

untill rockstar actually reconfigure their "friendly fire off/passive mode" i see no incentive to play public

Lucid07

This is a joke!! So I join a game/mission where there is a package of coke on the coast where a group of four of you have to drive and collect it before the other team. So there is 8 of us in the lobby the game starts and goes to the team screen. I'm sat here waiting to start then all of a sudden my team starts leaving or so I thought, I switch view to the other team and see seven players. They allow people to switch teams and make it unbalanced!! That isn't the worst part either, because I quit out I get a bad sport rating (this is the first time I've quit out of a mission) and get put in a bad sport lobby with only me!!

Haha my brother got marked as a bad player and now hes got the dunce hat and has to play on the bad players only servers haaaa
Shame though as he had all the good missions to make loads of money :(

Hmm didn't get a dunce hat, guess it may have been a glitch I hope!

Haha my brother got marked as a bad player and now hes got the dunce hat and has to play on the bad players only servers haaaa
Shame though as he had all the good missions to make loads of money :(

Ploid 3.0

Hope it involves tear gas. I use that a lot for annoying NPCs that don't want to come out of their well guarded holes. It's a good thing grenades can destroy the package, that's for sure. I'm thinking mass tear gas well placed since the enemy will die from it in about 10 seconds or less.

RotBot

I was sitting in my car in an alley. Some guy thinks I'm AFK and throws a sticky bomb on my car. As he runs away to hide, I throw my own sticky bomb at him and blow him up.

This is a joke!! So I join a game/mission where there is a package of coke on the coast where a group of four of you have to drive and collect it before the other team. So there is 8 of us in the lobby the game starts and goes to the team screen. I'm sat here waiting to start then all of a sudden my team starts leaving or so I thought, I switch view to the other team and see seven players. They allow people to switch teams and make it unbalanced!! That isn't the worst part either, because I quit out I get a bad sport rating (this is the first time I've quit out of a mission) and get put in a bad sport lobby with only me!!

Had a bunch of jerks do the same thing to me on a Top Fun mission, leaving me the only one in a jet to try and catch five guys on bikes. I quit out, and didn't get the dunce cap either. I think it takes more than just an odd bad sport hit here and there to get yourself segregated. You're probably fine as long as you do a couple missions to completion after a bad sport hit.

BraXzy

One guy drives a car, the other guy throws a sticky bomb on the front and gets in. You drive to the guy with the drugs, detonate sticky right in front of coke guy and his buddy, mission somehow ends in a Passed state. Restart, if you have a vehicle it will spawn right next to you, rinse, repeat.

Um, can we please get a mod in here to ban all of the bad sports from posting in this thread? I don't want this guy ruining the thread like he ruined GTA Online with his quitting.

Seriously though this game is fucked and that sucks. On the bright side you're probably lucky that you were alone in that lobby because I can't imagine what it would be like playing with a room full of the people who deserve to be there.

Marleyman

Banned

That is fucking dumb...I love Rockstar but this has been such a mess for many people.

BraXzy

Wow races aren't fun at all. Nothing but people trying to wreck you fuck that shit.

Races with weapons just aren't worth trying. A couple manage to break from the pack early are guaranteed a win. Everyone else just smashes into each other and shoots out your tyres. Yayyyy.

anyone know how to turn off all the multiplayer stuff from single player? it's starting to piss me off.

i'm talking about the notifications that pop up when a friend is playing whatever mode and invites and all that, i want them OFF in single player, they are distracting me when i'm trying to do missions and stuff (there's already too much clutter on screen with the tips, minimap and everything). i looked at the settings of course, but they are a bit confusing.. i disactivated what i thought were the right notifications but i still kept getting them. i tried disactivating some other options but then they also affected single-player related alerts when i get messages from NPC characters and such... highly annoying.

also, why the hell are people from my friends list as contacts in Michael's etc phone? can i remove them? how?

and yeah i would play totally offline to avoid all this shit, BUT then i can't take and save pictures because Social Club. ugh.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just got a warning for blowing someone's car up lol. Hit the gas tanks at the gas station with my jet and they were there.

MYeager

anyone know how to turn off all the multiplayer stuff from single player? it's starting to piss me off.

i'm talking about the notifications that pop up when a friend is playing whatever mode and invites and all that, i want them OFF in single player, they are distracting me when i'm trying to do missions and stuff (there's already too much clutter on screen with the tips, minimap and everything). i looked at the settings of course, but they are a bit confusing.. i disactivated what i thought were the right notifications but i still kept getting them. i tried disactivating some other options but then they also affected single-player related alerts when i get messages from NPC characters and such... highly annoying.

also, why the hell are people from my friends list as contacts in Michael's etc phone? can i remove them? how?

and yeah i would play totally offline to avoid all this shit, BUT then i can't take and save pictures because Social Club. ugh.

Under Settings->Online you should have the ability to turn on/off notifications for a couple of different things, including multiplayer and social club stuff.

Top Bottom