• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

New Strategy:

When it tells you someone took the high value import, follow them. Then call Merryweather and get a hit squad to kill them and then take said car.

I don't always wear masks.....but when I do I always pair them with a hat!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Now to money farm so I can test if I can get incompatible clothing together

GQman2121

Banned
Here's how the death penalty should work in free roam: You simply drop all the money that you currently have on your person and lose nothing out of the bank. That's it. It's that simple.

The PvP aspect is something that is apart of the game. Not everyone cares about the missions, money or ownership of property. Some just want to fucking murder other players and talk a bunch of shit over the mic. And honestly, that's fine. There are ways of getting around that if it's not for you.

However, the current setup of losing 5% of your overall bank is ridiculous. And it's equally ridiculous to be potentially penalized for destroying other players person vehicles. Stop fucking with me, and maybe you, and your shit won't get sticky bombed!

You should also have the option of your respawn location. It makes no sense to be gunned or run down by someone and then respawn a block away or across the street. It should be the closest hospital, your apartment or even at a predetermined location of your choosing.

breakfuss

Well, bit the bullet and created another character. I'm not doing this shit again. If anyone is doing Violent Duct, let me know as I'm definitely in need of...everything.

I think it's fine to have to pay the 'claim' if you destroy an insured car, but I do agree that it's insane to lose any money from dying - especially when it's a key part of enjoying GTA Online.

tranciful

Can someone explain garages to me?

I bought a bike, which appeared in my (2 car) garage; I found a car, took it to my garage; I took my bike out for a spin; went back to my garage; got a message saying I had too many vehicles in my garage and what did I want to do; I went in and had the option to replace 'empty' with the bike; I think at that point I was totally confused and backed out; went back outside and my bike was gone; went back into my garage and my bike was gone but my car was there.

Does that make any sense to anyone else? Because it doesn't make any sense to me.

Sounds like a bug (shouldn't prompt to replace empty).. but you should have replaced empty

Eventually I want to get the attack chopper and run a strike service where you call me ingame and I waste people.

I want to know how long until I unlock a boat dock. I got a boat but I can't find it or use it

GQman2121

Banned
Lost my level 25 character

yea fuck GTA:eek:nline

done.

Did you just boot the game up and he/she was gone?

I tried to join someone for a job and the game stayed in the downloading screen.

I quit the game from the XMB and reloaded.

I then picked my character from the select wheel in the single player the game and taken directly to the creation screen.

I then checked the Social Club site and my character was gone. Stats still in place, so I'm holding out hope that she'll somehow reappear. If not, then I think I'm done. Why risk losing it all over again? Rockstar need to make a statement because none of us are currently safe.

Ha, oh yeah. Apparently if someone doesn't make it in the actual game and is just spectating, then you can't restart the mission no matter what you do. Happened to me last night and again just now. Sorry guys, if I ever get it again I'll send out another invite.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
It doesn't seem like there are many good chances to raise stealth and I'm not sure it would be that useful if you did.

Simply shooting while in stealth mode raises it a little bit. It's how I maxed mine out. Well, it's partly how I maxed it out anyway.

Ding-Ding

I feel sorry for the people just starting out now. Freeroam is just one giant bloodbath.

A 3 man team of lvl 12+ were targeting a poor guy who just finished the tutorial. Could here him asking them to stop and they were just laughing. He must have died over 10 times before I got there with a buddy. T-Boned their car with the sandking and flipped them. While reversing, my friend chucked a timed explosive at them.

That pretty much summed up the next 15 mins. Unfortunately for them we were fresh out of survival, with MG's, rocket launchers etc. Satisfying to waste people like that in a number of brutal ways

Top Bottom