• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Derrick01

Banned
Game's been running pretty well for me and my friends for the last couple days now. The only problem we're having is quite often after a job or activity at least one of us gets put into an entirely different game and we have to reassemble. Minor annoyance but an annoyance nonetheless.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It doesn't seem like there are many good chances to raise stealth and I'm not sure it would be that useful if you did.

Go to solo session and get a rubber band. :lol

It doesn't seem useful to have stealth though as you said.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The lack of skill required for auto aim is nothing short of appalling. Mine switched over automatically when joining a race and then I played a mission offline. Didn't realise it was still enabled. Ugh, it's like kiddies mode.

Did you just boot the game up and he/she was gone?

I tried to join someone for a job and the game stayed in the downloading screen.

I quit the game from the XMB and reloaded.

I then picked my character from the select wheel in the single player the game took me to the creation screen.

I then checked the Social Club site and my character was gone. Stats still in place, so I'm holding out hope that she'll somehow reappear. If not, then I think I'm done. Why risk losing it all over again? Rockstar need to make a statement because none of us are currently safe.

I always exit the game by switching over to michael. then xmb shutdown

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Pray I don't get that tank.

I tried to swoop down in the military base with a cargobob and get one. There were about 7 tanks waiting for me. Didn't turn out to well. Next time I try, I think there's one that patrols an outer gate wall, so I'll just wait and see if I can get that one.

Unrelated: The merryweather helicopter pickup (lvl 30 unlock) will drop you at the military base if you tell them. You won't get any stars until you jump out their helicopter.

Ploid 3.0

Ha, oh yeah. Apparently if someone doesn't make it in the actual game and is just spectating, then you can't restart the mission no matter what you do. Happened to me last night and again just now. Sorry guys, if I ever get it again I'll send out another invite.

To prevent spectators.
When you are creating the match, just set the matchmaking to closed. Then you can only invite people to the mission. Another way is to start your own session and just do it solo. Then you can invite from your friend list or crew members list.

DietRob

Is there no way to stop the voice chat from coming through my speakers? It sounds awful.

I stopped it by going into my accessory settings and putting it to come out of my headset. Dunno if you have to have a headset to make that happen.

Ding-Ding

The second half of No Hay Bronca is such a bitch though. lol, it takes me forever to blow things up!

It shouldn't. All but two of the cars are by gas cylinders. One shot and they are done. The other two, make sure you are clear of anyone, then use the jerry can supplied in between the two stages of the mission to torch them. May need a couple of bullets to help it along though

sunnz

So if I have auto aim oiff, does that make it so I am in servers with others who don't have auto aim?

I seem to recall R* saying there will be no aim assist online...
So stupid to see it.

Also how do you aim when as a passenger ( by aim I mean have the crosshair of the gun appear but don't shoot like you are forced to in the SP) Such a stupid move from R*, step backward from IV.

MYeager

So if I have auto aim oiff, does that make it so I am in servers with others who don't have auto aim?

So stupid to see it.

Also how do you aim when as a passenger ( by aim I mean have the crosshair of the gun appear but don't shoot like you are forced to in the SP) Such a stupid move from R*, step backward from IV.

I have Free Aim on and have so far only ever been in Free Aim lobbies.

As a passenger, hold down the left trigger to aim without shooting.

MisterNoisy

So stupid to see it.

As a passenger, use LT to aim and RT to shoot.

BraXzy

So I'm about to finally invest into the Apartment 40 which costs £393K this is definitely the best one under general consensus right? :D

I spent like $35000 yesterday trying to beat Death from Above on Hard and Solo just buying ammo to replace what I'd already spent. I did this because I'm a masochist. And in the end the reward for it is $5000. How is this worth 5k and Violent Duct 9k? What the fuck?

So stupid to see it.

When I was playing with my friend yesterday, I was able to aim without shooting holding down the L2 button. I think it was L2, I'll check later tonight

Cerilli

Neo Member
So I'm about to finally invest into the Apartment 40 which costs £393K this is definitely the best one under general consensus right? :D
The interior and garage are the exact same as the one you can get for $205,000, the only thing different is the view/location.

I can never find any players to accept my invite or any games to play , it always makes me the host and then noone accepts my invite...Ever :p

Is this ever going to be fixed? Only way to play is with a friend but it's really not fun doing Races and Deathmatches on our own. : /

breakfuss

Sooooooooooooooo, I finally get invited to Violent Duct (apparently by someone here?). And because my character has been reset twice now, I'm at a level 3. Which grants me -- you guessed it -- no money for ammo, armor or snacks. I'm also stuck with a shitty ass handgun. Thank you, ROCKSTAR.

eival

theres a problem when a 1 minute race gives out the same amount of RP as a friggen 20 minute "Titan" mission

mishakoz

How the hell do i get rid of voice chat from multiplayer lobbies? I disabled in the open world, by doing select>chat>no-one, but it seems to not affect when i am in a lobby for a mission.

Please help, these voices are driving me insane.

BraXzy

Sooooooooooooooo, I finally get invited to Violent Duct (apparently by someone here?). And because my character has been reset twice now, I'm at a level 3. Which grants me -- you guessed it -- no money for ammo, armor or snacks. I'm also stuck with a shitty ass handgun. Thank you, ROCKSTAR.

Was it from AnX IReCoiLz? That was me :) you don't need any weapons

Can someone explain garages to me?

I bought a bike, which appeared in my (2 car) garage; I found a car, took it to my garage; I took my bike out for a spin; went back to my garage; got a message saying I had too many vehicles in my garage and what did I want to do; I went in and had the option to replace 'empty' with the bike; I think at that point I was totally confused and backed out; went back outside and my bike was gone; went back into my garage and my bike was gone but my car was there.

Does that make any sense to anyone else? Because it doesn't make any sense to me.

Some utter cretins in free roam, I go to invite only now to build up cash and weapons and join missions when I want to play with people in general

Ploid 3.0

Start > Online > something about player list. You can mute people there.

Have any PSN people had their character missing recently? The person losing his on a few pages back scared the crap out of me when his wouldn't come back. I would have been playing now but I'm scared.

Edit: I think the one I'm thinking about is the one you mentioned.

Have any PSN people had their character missing recently? The person losing his on a few pages back scared the crap out of me when his wouldn't come back. I would have been playing now but I'm scared.

eival

How the hell do i get rid of voice chat from multiplayer lobbies? I disabled in the open world, by doing select>chat>no-one, but it seems to not affect when i am in a lobby for a mission.

Please help, these voices are driving me insane.

if you're on xbox

open your privacy settings and set it to friends only or private

or open up volume in the guide settings and put the volume all the way down

SlickVic

I did a double take when I saw the character's lips move in sync to your voice. I didn't know online games were doing this now. It's not perfect, but still quite impressive.

mishakoz

Start > Online > something about player list. You can mute people there.

Thanks. And yes, unfortunately i lost my character yesterday, though its not exclusive to PSN. level 13 or so. It happens randomly with no real cause.

Fun times with some of GAF Bay, stole a cargobob, ditched it and escaped into the sewers on jet skis, then raked in some loot on violent duct farming.

jediyoshi

Yes. Unless match making assigns you in a game with it enabled, in which case it'll warn you. From that point on though, it'll be enabled until you re-disable it.

DietRob

Yep I hate it. Even in passive mode they can kill me by running me over and just being general dicks. It's so dumb.

Agreed with both of you on all counts people are complete cunts in free lobbies. It's really great that we have a 300 person crew nearly everytime I send out a mission request somebody from the crew is able to join. Then you get the extra XP for doing missions with crew members.

I'm really glad I have an apartment now and when I spawn a non solo session I'm not dropped into the ether and instead in my apartment.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I've never taken my PS3 online before with any regularity, need to fill out a friends list. Feel free to add me if you like, I'm a friendly guy who plans to be playing GTAO a lot in the next couple months.

I'm in the second PS3 Crew. PSN is crophonso.

Top Bottom