• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Agreed with both of you on all counts people are complete cunts in free lobbies. It's really great that we have a 300 person crew nearly everytime I send out a mission request somebody from the crew is able to join. Then you get the extra XP for doing missions with crew members.

I'm really glad I have an apartment now and when I spawn a non solo session I'm not dropped into the ether and instead in my apartment.

Yea, open lobby peeps are complete douches. I wish I ran into more gaf crew members. I'll see the occasional gaffer here or there, and whenever I try and join a crew session, it always errors out on me and says failed to join session.... I just want to grind out some of these missions lol and not have others just dicking around while trying to complete them.

Ploid 3.0

I wish there was more to do in an apartment. lol, maybe a yoga session or something.

And the yoga should help increase your strength like The Sims. Other things too but I have a feeling people wouldn't like that since it would be seen as a boring thing to do in order to increase stats. I maxed out my stealth by soloing missions and staying in stealth mode until I was spotted. I could get away with a few kills before people knew I was there so it was useful to do.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Finally got some games in today, including a few races with a member of the GAF club whose name escapes me for the moment.

Mystery person, if you're wondering why my car fell off the side of a cliff, I got distracted by my youngest son bashing me in the side of the head with a book. Enjoy your ill-gotten 1st place finish!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Finally got some games in today, including a few races with a member of the GAF club whose name escapes me for the moment.

Mystery person, if you're wondering why my car fell off the side of a cliff, I got distracted by my youngest son bashing me in the side of the head with a book. Enjoy your ill-gotten 1st place finish!

That was me, haha. Smashing into your rear quarter panel at the first turn was a mistake, by the way. I wasn't paying attention to the waypoints, lol.

Sent

One guy drives a car, the other guy throws a sticky bomb on the front and gets in. You drive to the guy with the drugs, detonate sticky right in front of coke guy and his buddy, mission somehow ends in a Passed state. Restart, if you have a vehicle it will spawn right next to you, rinse, repeat.

Friend and I discovered this on accident after I said we should just nade the fuck out of all the guys. We both died, blew up the coke, and won. So we tried it again...and again.

Ploid 3.0

Friend and I discovered this on accident after I said we should just nade the fuck out of all the guys. We both died, blew up the coke, and won. So we tried it again...and again.

Does it sound like you can do it solo? Just put the bomb on the car and get in it, set it off yourself.

nib95

Banned

Your son is learning the ways of ban hammering early it seems.

I love free roam douches. FRESH MEAT. I try not to attack anyone who doesn't try to fuck with me (unless they've got a bounty), but if they do I'll kill them twice. Many fun times killing both the driver and passenger in an attempted drive by.

Top fun is the greatest mode ever. A couple of friends and I were playing the second one and I noticed the ramp that jumps over the gates that leads to the jets. I flew over it and stole a jet and the hunter became the hunted. I almost pissed myself laughing so hard.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Tip, don't shoot the merryweather pickup chopper pilot. They'll blacklist you from their services for a while.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This may be an odd question, but has anyone ever called in the Merryweather Attack Chopper in free roam? Because I'd like to think that no one'd randomly try and kill me if that baby was out and about. Or is it restricted to only being of use during DMs/TDMs?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I ended up sitting down on my virtual couch in my apartment to surf the internet for a car while sitting on my own couch surfing GAF. Now I'm sitting on my couch staring at the tv watching myself watch TV. My head is going to implode.

I'm seriously starting to question what I'm doing with my life.

I do have an observation though I thought the events of GTAO took place a few months before the events in single player. (SP story spoilers)

Fame or Shame is on the in game TV and Laslow has his ponytail cut and eyebrow pierced and he is also shilling for Tracy DaSanta to win fame or shame. Seems like R* got that tiny little detail wrong. GTAO should have different TV programs than SP.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
After the 360 update, I was able to finally connect and move around! But there was no race corona and no other people and Lamar constantly urged me to go to the blue dot that didn't exist. I couldn't pause or pull up a menu or do anything but roam around and rank up slightly. Should I delete something and try again or?

Trigger

I do have an observation though I thought the events of GTAO took place a few months before the events in single player. (SP story spoilers)

Fame or Shame is on the in game TV and Laslow has his ponytail cut and eyebrow pierced and he is also shilling for Tracy DaSanta to win fame or shame. Seems like R* got that tiny little detail wrong. GTAO should have different TV programs than SP.

I noticed the internet also mentioning events from
one of the endings
too. It's weird that they even set the Online story before the events of the main game given how little crossover there is. Online should just have had its own plot.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have transparent backgrounds on emblems? Would love to not have a white, square frame around what I'd like as an emblem.

This may be an odd question, but has anyone ever called in the Merryweather Attack Chopper in free roam? Because I'd like to think that no one'd randomly try and kill me if that baby was out and about. Or is it restricted to only being of use during DMs/TDMs?

I called it when some asshole was posted up with a minigun and impossible to get to. Took care of that issue. I also called it when I was hiding out in Rockford hills with a bounty on my head and 3 players swarming. It was completely useless and didn't do anything. But yeah, it can certainly help in free roam if you use it properly.

The way it works is that it flies to your area and sticks around shooting the hell out of nearby players with rifles. I don't think it distinguishes friend or crew, either, so have them stay away.

Also I just took care of a bounty by landing my heli directly on top of a player as soon as he got out of his car. Hahahaha I love this game.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I called it when some asshole was posted up with a minigun and impossible to get to. Took care of that issue. I also called it when I was hiding out in Rockford hills with a bounty on my head and 3 players swarming. It was completely useless and didn't do anything. But yeah, it can certainly help in free roam if you use it properly.
How does it work? Is it like the transport chopper in where you mark a point on the map and it'll go there and tear shit up? because if so, I'm going to go into Free Roam and ruin some peoples' day >:D

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How does it work? Is it like the transport chopper in where you mark a point on the map and it'll go there and tear shit up? because if so, I'm going to go into Free Roam and ruin some peoples' day >:D

It just goes to your current location and follows you.

Bruno

I've been trying to get Violent Duct all day and it will not show up. If anyone is farming or has the job hit me up on PS3 - sikfrk

Claude

Catalina's bitch
I love my 391k view. Can see the full city and the Vinewood sign.
There are plenty of YT videos that show the views of the apartments so it's a good idea to check them out to decide for yourself.

My apartment has 10 car spots, and a pretty nice view for 200k.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85205428&postcount=10951 < Pictures. There's a lot of construction around it so I think that's why it's low. Can't see the Vinewood sign though.

Sweet, I'll do some research. Thanks.

I hope everyone has a chance to experience the loss of a level 20+ character at least once.

Happened to me earlier. RIP lvl 26 character.

aza

Does anyone know if there is a way to have transparent backgrounds on emblems? Would love to not have a white, square frame around what I'd like as an emblem.

Under your background color, there should be a white square with a diagonal red line going across it. That'll give you transparency.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Happened to me earlier. RIP lvl 26 character.
I'm Lvl 30 and I hope I never suffer this pain. I always quit to the SP before I turn my console off. I also check the Social Club every day to check on my character. I am waiting for the day we can all breathe easy in this regard.

It just goes to your current location and follows you.
"Ooh baby, this gun' be good!" :D

Does anyone know how to find armored trucks or stolen goods in free roam? I've never seen either, or if I have, I haven't noticed them.

EDIT: I got the call from Lester, I just haven't found any. I guess they don't show up on the minimap.

Under your background color, there should be a white square with a diagonal red line going across it. That'll give you transparency.

Oh wow, thank you! I had not realised that box was the bg colour. All this time I figured that that was simply UI space to store more used colours haha.

Tawpgun

FUCKIN HIGH LEVEL CHARACTERS.

Me and General Ice finished the titan mission. Spawned in the Airfield, and I saw a dude with a bounty on the runway taking off in a plane. So I killed him, and he got maaaaad. Put a 9000 bounty on me and siced Mercenaries on me. I killed the set of mercenaries but they just kept coming, Ended up blowing another set up and made it to the airfield.

Took off in the maverick and the guy I killed started shooting missles at me in a Buzzard. Ending up escaping into a mission but DAMN,

eival

i like that, because of their shitty spawn system during the "Titan" job, when i died it put me on the outside of the fences which are locked and couldnt even be destroyed with explosives and i dont feel like walking all the way around the airport which would take 15 minutes real time to get in a car and jump back and drive to the hanger again, i get threatened with "bad player" status cause i instead just quit out

Top Bottom