• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Bahahahahahaha. A guy and his two friends were racing, one of them crashed in to my car, I followed them for about a half mile and they were all at an intersection revving up getting ready for a race. I get out of my car and snipe one of them right as his car shoots forward, get back in my car and drive 3 miles back to my apartment where I park my car and get hate mail. Glorious.

FUCKIN HIGH LEVEL CHARACTERS.

Me and General Ice finished the titan mission. Spawned in the Airfield, and I saw a dude with a bounty on the runway taking off in a plane. So I killed him, and he got maaaaad. Put a 9000 bounty on me and siced Mercenaries on me. I killed the set of mercenaries but they just kept coming, Ended up blowing another set up and made it to the airfield.

Took off in the maverick and the guy I killed started shooting missles at me in a Buzzard. Ending up escaping into a mission but DAMN,

For $7500 they better.

A guy was in South LS with a bounty. He had climbed on top of a short building. I slowly walked around the area, looking for a way to get a clear shot without him being able to hit me. I must have walked around for 10 straight minutes, climbing on top of buildings, running through backyards and even almost climbing up the building he was on. There was a moment where I was standing on an awning with the guy aiming his gun at where I would be if I climbed up. I finally climbed on top of a house, could barely see the top of his head and killed him with a single AP pistol shot.

Explosions you cause indirectly that destroy other people's cars doesn't charge you for the damage. A guy tried attacking me as I came out of the mod shop near the airport. We drove past each other and I stuck a sticky bomb to the gas tank near the exit and detonated it as the guy passed, blowing him and his car up. The same can be done with the tanks at gas stations. Don't know about using the jerry can on someone's car though.

Tawpgun

Dude wtf this game is so wonky.

I see an NPC in a helicopter taking off, he's like maybe 5 feet off the ground. I kill him, the helicopter gently lands on its landing rails and EXPLODES! WTF!

Then an ahnialator spawns, and someone is coming for my bounty. I hide behind it, and he still snipes me? wtf? Is the sniper one shot kill anywhere on the body?

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I thought we could vote to replay violent duct with R2 on the voting screen (PS3).

Was this fixed?

Also, thanks kilgoreisdead.

Acorn

Argh races are such cheating clusterfucks. And the only bloody way to get decent Mods to outrun the amateur traffic cops is to win a ungodly amount of races (in each class too!!).

They need to fix the car Mods.

Is the beach apartment for around ~150k a good choice?

*and griefiing...griefing can be good, guys. It's cathartic :)

that's what I have. I like it. I like the location near the beach and it's far away enough where people won't murder you the second you come out, but not so far away it's a pain to drive to friends in the mid-city.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Is it just me or did the cargobob stop spawning? For awhile it was spawning all the time at the airport and sandy shores, but not anymore. :(

newsguy

Just met a guy online who was playing legit. After our missions he takes me to his 400K condo amd we get hammered lol. weird as hell.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So can you actually change your aiming to0 free aim or auto?

It's been changing on it's own all day and I can't change it.

Have to change it in your SP game. It will notify you in MP before you switch to a match that's in a different mode.

Spasm

Question: Can the Cargobob pick up a Rhino?
Follow up: Can the Rhino driver still fire his cannon while being airlifted?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Chopoers don't seem to spawn during missions for some reason.

They definitely don't, but I'm talking about just in free roam. It's just froggers spawning for me now.

Question: Can the Cargobob pick up a Rhino?
Follow up: Can the Rhino driver still fire his cannon while being airlifted?

Yes, and not sure. This is basically why I want a cargobob, lol. Need one to get a tank out of the base.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Well, Im finally going to cave and jump online. Fingers crossed I dont hit every glitch and probem lol
Just make sure you leave GTA Online by using the menu, and quit the game after arriving back at the SP. I've been doing that since I started and haven't had any problems since *knocks on wood*

pringles

I think (not 100% sure) that you can call Lester and he will find you a helicopter for those missions, even though they don't spawn in the normal spots.
That requires a higher rank (35?) than the mission (25). For now I'm avoiding it. Almost did it with jetplanes but it's frustrating.

Imm0rt4l

I think I want to try grinding this violent duct mission, all the cool kids are doing it. Plus I need to get my paper up. Psn GODHAND04

edit: Just did a mission and I had aim assist on wtf. Maybe when I joined a friends game earlier I was in an auto assist lobby?

breakfuss

that's what I have. I like it. I like the location near the beach and it's far away enough where people won't murder you the second you come out, but not so far away it's a pain to drive to friends in the mid-city.

Alright, went with that one. I didn't know that any car you stole became yours once driven into the garage. Nice.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I think I want to try grinding this violent duct mission, all the cool kids are doing it. Plus I need to get my paper up.
You can do it Solo if need be. I did it with 2-3 friends and we were taking about 2mins each time. After a day and a half of farming (all party members need to hit "Like" and then constantly hit R2/RT to restart the mission) I now have the 400k apartment and most of the upgrades for all the available weapons.

bLaiSe

Can I join the GAF crew (PS3)? Does it require an invite or I can join in just like that?
Yesterday I could only play by myself, whenever I searched for a new session it was just me on the server.

Just had possibly the best hour yet. The details are kind of fuzzy but all I know is it started with someone stealing my personal vehicle, we put a bounty on him and then there was a giant clusterfuck to get the high priority vehicle out of principal. Me and a friend stickied it, jerry can'd it and I was sniping fools on top of a roof overlooking the sewer/drain. So good.

Argh races are such cheating clusterfucks. And the only bloody way to get decent Mods to outrun the amateur traffic cops is to win a ungodly amount of races (in each class too!!).

They need to fix the car Mods.

Just run races in really small groups (like 2, 3, or 4). That way everyone can earn a decent chunk of change/RP, there isn't a huge collision at the beginning of each race, and everyone will place 1st once in a while to get those unlocks.

Tawpgun

They were calling me a pussy for sniping them from rooftops when they instigated this by killing me as I was shopping for guns.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Can I join the GAF crew (PS3)? Does it require an invite or I can join in just like that?
Yesterday I could only play by myself, whenever I searched for a new session it was just me on the server.

Go to the community forum and look for the ps3 crew. There are instructions in the op there.

Ploid 3.0

If GAF St is willing to fuck shit up on free mode, I got a rival gang here thats pretty mad at me.

You mess with one GAF Street member, you mess with them all. Clap back!
C7SerJZ.png

Acorn

Just run races in really small groups (like 2, 3, or 4). That way everyone can earn a decent chunk of change/RP, there isn't a huge collision at the beginning of each race, and everyone will place 1st once in a while to get those unlocks.
I think that or boosting is my only option.

Pennybags

Well, fuck.

My level 27 character is gone. This is the second time this has happened. Okay, at least I have money.

Turns out I can't even play the game. I tried before and after work, but it gives me the "clouds unavailable" error message. Obviously everyone on my friends list is playing, and I can even get into online games with a temp character.

Guess I'm out until the next patch.

Ploid 3.0

Well, fuck.

My level 27 character is gone. This is the second time this has happened. Okay, at least I have money.

Turns out I can't even play the game. I tried before and after work, but it gives me the "clouds unavailable" error message. Obviously everyone on my friends list is playing, and I can even get into online games with a temp character.

Guess I'm out until the next patch.

PS3? and yeah wait, this sounds like you can't access your character from the cloud. It should be still alive.

Top Bottom