• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Well, fuck.

My level 27 character is gone. This is the second time this has happened. Okay, at least I have money.

Turns out I can't even play the game. I tried before and after work, but it gives me the "clouds unavailable" error message. Obviously everyone on my friends list is playing, and I can even get into online games with a temp character.

Guess I'm out until the next patch.

Just leave it for now do not create another character.

Good chance it could come back if servers are down.

My level 27 character is gone. This is the second time this has happened. Okay, at least I have money.

Turns out I can't even play the game. I tried before and after work, but it gives me the "clouds unavailable" error message

If the cloud is unavailable, your character may still be there. Is it on the social club?

They were calling me a pussy for sniping them from rooftops when they instigated this by killing me as I was shopping for guns.

No love for instigators. They deserve all your wrath. Don't start no shit, it won't be no shit.

If the cloud is unavailable, your character may still be there. Is it on the social club?

No love for instigators. They deserve all your wrath. Don't start no shit, it won't be no shit.
Find out who's in their group
Pick one guy
Go to apartment
place massive bounty
Watch them all turn on each other on TV live
Maybe popcorn.

Pennybags

My social club account shows no record of any characters I have ever had.

I honestly don't care too much about my particular character or rank. I just want to be able to play with a permanent character whether it is new or not.

Also, 360.

Pick one guy
Go to apartment
place massive bounty
Maybe popcorn.
Oh good idea. My friend did something similar, 5 of us in a private lobby and he put like a 20k bounty on one of us to see if we would turn against him. It worked.

Ploid 3.0

Pick one guy
Go to apartment
place massive bounty
Maybe popcorn.

Don't piss Bob off, he will starve a family of lions and sic them after you after soaking your clothes in the body of an elephant for 2 weeks, then make a game of how long you last in the wild.

Been farming Ducts with other GAF Bay members. We have one of us who has a fancy enough apartment where we can plan heists from it. So that'll probably be where we do stuff. I have the 150k beach apartment. I'm also saving up now to buy better weapons and eventually the audio r8 and a plane. That's all I need.

I know some of you look down on farming, but bottom line missions don't pay enough. Everything is WAY too expensive online. I understand they want you to play for many years but fuck that. I don't have the patience with the game to play for months so I can afford one decent thing. 9000 per replay isn't even banking either as it takes quite some time to reach the hundreds of thousands. And you need about 400,000 to get a decent car. Once stocks appear I'd like spend money on stocks to make money. And hopefully heists have big pay offs.

OMG I'm never going to save money. Every 5 minutes there is something wonderful and stupid to spend money on. I just pissed away lots of money to fill up the garage with stuff I likely won't drive much.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, can someone please help me with how garages work?

- I've had a Lo-rider since the tutorial (insured/tracker)
- I bought a Faggio and it spawned at my 2-car garage
- I went to my garage on foot and tried to leave on the Faggio
- It said my impounded car would be destroyed

I take it it's referring to the Lo-rider? Do I have to secure it at the garage to make sure I can keep it safe while riding around and tricking out the Faggio?

I don't quite trust this personal vehicle system; just wanna get it right so I don't lose anything (through my own fault rather than the game's). Thanks for any advice.

All my vehicles just got deleted. Fuck my life.

This makes 75k worth of bulletproof tires that have been deleted, not to mention all the other mods I had on my good vehicles. Fuck this. AND MY MILITARY JEEP FUCK.

Le-mo

I'm playing the SP campaign right now and there seems to be no missions for me to do? This is after the heist involving using the garbage truck to block the roadway.

Ploid 3.0

Been farming Ducts with other GAF Bay members. We have one of us who has a fancy enough apartment where we can plan heists from it. So that'll probably be where we do stuff. I have the 150k beach apartment. I'm also saving up now to buy better weapons and eventually the audio r8 and a plane. That's all I need.

I know some of you look down on farming, but bottom line missions don't pay enough. Everything is WAY too expensive online. I understand they want you to play for many years but fuck that. I don't have the patience with the game to play for months so I can afford one decent thing. 9000 per replay isn't even banking either as it takes quite some time to reach the hundreds of thousands. And you need about 400,000 to get a decent car. Once stocks appear I'd like spend money on stocks to make money. And hopefully heists have big pay offs.

There's no problem with farming. I don't get why people have a problem with it. RPG elements, this is a mmo, you farm to get higher levels and get better gear. Same situation here. Should people role play and sleep, eat food at the table, go to a day job, get arrested when cops show up, go on lunch break, use the restroom, take a shower regularly, all in the game? Ok more realistic, should people never do the same job twice?

All my vehicles just got deleted. Fuck my life.

This makes 75k worth of bulletproof tires that have been deleted, not to mention all the other mods I had on my good vehicles. Fuck this.

Yeah. While I didn't spend 75K on vehicles I spent about 25k on a specific BMW car and it got deleted. Hopefully when I come back tomorrow it's still there.

So I spent way, way, way too long trying to do the two person Violent Duct method, didn't work and the fight took a lot longer than it should've. Then changed it up and now I'm doing it clear it every two to three minutes. So much freaking easier, especially after getting the assault rifle.

About 120,000 from 400K but I got kicked after accepting a friend's crew invite and for some reason I decided to switch it then and there, dunno why I'm not going to use that crew tag unless I'm with the people I know, blah. I wanted to take a break anyway...

RawNuts

Just another day in the streets of Los Santos.

0_0.jpg

Also, does anyone know where to always get a Cargobob helicopter? It would always spawn for me around level 20, but then when I hit 30 a Frogger started spawning and now an Annihilator at level 40. I really want the Cargobob for the towing cable, and I can't even order it off a website if I had enough money.

Kajiba

Hey, can someone please help me with how garages work?

- I've had a Lo-rider since the tutorial (insured/tracker)
- I bought a Faggio and it spawned at my 2-car garage
- I went to my garage on foot and tried to leave on the Faggio
- It said my impounded car would be destroyed

I take it it's referring to the Lo-rider? Do I have to secure it at the garage to make sure I can keep it safe while riding around and tricking out the Faggio?

I don't quite trust this personal vehicle system; just wanna get it right so I don't lose anything (through my own fault rather than the game's). Thanks for any advice.

Your car only gets impounded when you die with wanted stars appearing. Other than that, car is safe if it's insured and the locatione device on it. It will always pop up.

Destroyed another personal vehicle by accident and got a bad sport as a result. The two occupants rolled up on me trying to kill me in a driveby, I shot the hell out of them but I guess I hit the gas tank too many times by mistake. They need to take bad sport away for these kinds of things. Still, totally worth it. YOU DON'T WANT THIS PROBLEM

There's no problem with farming. I don't get why people have a problem with it. RPG elements, this is a mmo, you farm to get higher levels and get better gear. Same situation here. Should people role play and sleep, eat food at the table, go to a day job, get arrested when cops show up, go on lunch break, use the restroom, take a shower regularly, all in the game? Ok more realistic, should people never do the same job twice?

Rockstar dropped the ball here majorly as well.

If a 4 minute mission gives 9000, and a mission that takes a bit more effort and a time gives you 1000-2000 why would you NOT farm one mission? They should raise the cash earned in the harder missions. Fucking Lester's cop mission, which we had to retry like 10 times, only paid like 2000. Plus with the ugliness of F2P real to digital cash rearing its ugly head in the back of my head, I can't help but have a part of me do this mission to spite them.

Not to mention it sucks when you spend thousands of dollars on an apartment or car and then the shit disappears next session. If it wasn't for having some decent cash in me right now I'd throw a hissy fit

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just another day in the streets of Los Santos.

0_0.jpg

Also, does anyone know where to always get a Cargobob helicopter? It would always spawn for me around level 20, but then when I hit 30 a Frogger started spawning and now an Annihilator at level 40. I really want the Cargobob for the towing cable, and I can't even order it off a website if I had enough money.

I'd like to know also because it's just froggers for me, too.

Anybody else not able to get the violent duct mission from Gerald? I've been trying he last 45 mins with another GAFfer.

You need to be at least level 15.

After that it's just pure luck. My friend and I were trying and then doing other missions. The second one of us gets it we go absolute ape shit and don't let it go until we've made at least 100K

Got a feeling the next patch will probably adjust Violent Duct just because of how quick and easy it is to farm. Probably knock down the amount you get from it or make it a lot harder.

Rockstar dropped the ball here majorly as well.

If a 4 minute mission gives 9000, and a mission that takes a bit more effort and a time gives you 1000-2000 why would you NOT farm one mission? They should raise the cash earned in the harder missions. Fucking Lester's cop mission, which we had to retry like 10 times, only paid like 2000. Plus with the ugliness of F2P real to digital cash rearing its ugly head in the back of my head, I can't help but have a part of me do this mission to spite them.

Not to mention it sucks when you spend thousands of dollars on an apartment or car and then the shit disappears next session. If it wasn't for having some decent cash in me right now I'd throw a hissy fit

That was so stupid.

Kajiba

Got a feeling the next patch will probably adjust Violent Duct just because of how quick and easy it is to farm. Probably knock down the amount you get from it or make it a lot harder.

Violent Duct is not even that bad. They have mission where can get $25,000 in 30 seconds. Really silly.

eival

omg someone finally uploaded the dynamic music to youtube, idk why Rockstar didnt think to release it in their 3 soundtrack collections, it makes the something as simple as just buying clothes seem epic.

I just don't get how to get missions from the NPCs in this? I can't ever find anyone to do missions with. It's just not very fun right now. Maybe down the line things will start working flawlessly.

Violent Duct being 9k just makes no sense. It SHOULD be worth like 3k. There are so many missions that pay out 5k that should be paying out double. There are things R* could be doing to curb farming, too, besides its ineffectual solution to lock out replay from the voting screen. Just make it so the mission pays out less the more often you restart it.

omg someone finally uploaded the dynamic music to youtube, idk why Rockstar didnt think to release it in their 3 soundtrack collections, it makes the something as simple as just buying clothes seem epic.

Dynamic music? Link please. Are you sure you're not talking about vol 2? What are you referring to?

KAOz

Short bus special
Well, my guy seems gone for good. Waited for two days now. All gone.

Will make a new one when I get home. Anyone want to help with Duct around 4 PM GMT +1?

Edit: Ps3 btw.

Tevious

So I spent way, way, way too long trying to do the two person Violent Duct method, didn't work and the fight took a lot longer than it should've. Then changed it up and now I'm doing it clear it every two to three minutes. So much freaking easier, especially after getting the assault rifle.

About 120,000 from 400K but I got kicked after accepting a friend's crew invite and for some reason I decided to switch it then and there, dunno why I'm not going to use that crew tag unless I'm with the people I know, blah. I wanted to take a break anyway...

I could solo it in about 2 minutes. Plus the loading time to restart.

I start off at the back wall next to the strip club with a sniper rifle and kill the 2 guys to the left, then immediately after there is one guy to the right that goes into cover by the car. You can also headshot a guy way in the back that keeps peaking his head out by aiming in the same spot. Now using an automatic assault weapon, I then run over to the big cylinder pillar past the dumpsters and blow up the red gas can taking out a couple guys. Then run over to the blue van and shoot the guy through the door opening that's in cover behind the van. Then to your right, I stand on the rubble and take out 2 guys in the back and left. Then run up and cover on the right side of furthest wall with 2 guys behind it and take them out plus the guy behind the crates. Then take out the guy in the back behind the van door with the coke by shooting his legs first so he goes out of cover or falls down allowing you to headshot him.

After getting the coke, I just go into cover and shoot the guys that come in the van, grab a motorcycle and go to Gerald's place taking the shortcut along the chain fence, not the GPS way using the road.

I was doing it this way much faster than a party of 3, because more people make the movements of the guys less predictable.

Absinthe

Violent Duct being 9k just makes no sense. It SHOULD be worth like 3k. There are so many missions that pay out 5k that should be paying out double. There are things R* could be doing to curb farming, too, besides its ineffectual solution to lock out replay from the voting screen. Just make it so the mission pays out less the more often you restart it.

Meth'd pays out 5k with a lower level req and takes about 2 minutes tops each run and takes almost 0 bullets.

jacobs34

Played a couple of hours just doing races and survival with a group of friends. It was a blast. Felt really good to get out of the grinding mindset and just have some fun with the game. So many great random moments.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Your car only gets impounded when you die with wanted stars appearing. Other than that, car is safe if it's insured and the locatione device on it. It will always pop up.

Thanks for your reply. So if I take the Faggio out and install a tracker/get it insured, I'll effectively have 2 "personal vehicles"?

I think I may have died while wanted, so if I get my impounded vehicle back first hopefully all will be fine. I just ask because I've spent some money on upgrades for the Lo-rider, and don't want to just overwrite it completely with a silly little scooter. I'd naturally like to have both in my garage for the picking whenever I want!

Tawpgun

Holy shit that was crazy. There was a lobby with 4 people with bounties. I killed one of them. His friend was mad. His friend happened to have a buzzard...

I crash landed my chopper in the LS River, got out, and sniped him out of the pilots seat.

What a game. Loving it so far. We really need to get an organized lobby going sometime.

0_0.jpg

daviyoung

Banned
Thanks for your reply. So if I take the Faggio out and install a tracker/get it insured, I'll effectively have 2 "personal vehicles"?

I think I may have died while wanted, so if I get my impounded vehicle back first hopefully all will be fine. I just ask because I've spent some money on upgrades for the Lo-rider, and don't want to just overwrite it completely with a silly little scooter. I'd naturally like to have both in my garage for the picking whenever I want!

Pretty sure it's only one tracked vehicle at a time.

Top Bottom