• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I don't think I'll ever get my addler...unless stocks go online. If I were to farm VD, I'd have to do it 111 times to make $999,00.

Not deducting Ammunation costs.

Factoring in 2 minutes per mission would make time investment 4 hours at best or 5-7 at worse.

GlamFM

Banned
Don´t know if it´s still broken or if the playerbase is just shit, but nobody wants to play with me.

I keep inviting people but nobody wants to join my jobs - whenever I join someone else's job I´m the only one.

pringles

I don't think I'll ever get my addler...unless stocks go online. If I were to farm VD, I'd have to do it 111 times to make $999,00.

Factoring in 2 minutes per mission would make time investment 4 hours at best or 5-7 at worse.
Online's only been out a week. It'd be crazy if people could easily obtain the most expensive car in the world already. Wait until you're very high-level and/or heists are released.

Well, there is a mission once you hit Rank 75 called Rooftop Rumble that gives you 25k per run and only takes like 30 seconds if you're efficient. I haven't done it yet.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
We need to arrange games better to get people on.

I'll be on from about 8:30-9:00ish tonight. Let's get some races and shit going BritGAF gang.
yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

See, it's typical timing, for me 8.30-9 is my prime dinner-eating and wifey time, we'll usually watch some telly or something. This is something that I really miss about my old xbox, playing games on my PC monitor and not hogging the TV. I need to be careful around mrs sniv, don't wanna upset the applecart and all that :p

Multiplayer games are for singletons, us marrieds gotta work around that shit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Online's only been out a week. It'd be crazy if people could easily obtain the most expensive car in the world already. Wait until you're very high-level and/or heists are released.

Exactly, I'm thinking that heists might be some big paydays.

But really, I think that if people want to farm for 5-7 hours then let them. Crazy fuckers!

And then when heists with tens of thousands as a payday come out, we can all point and laugh at their impatience and wasted time.

Gawge

Finished a parachute race from above Mount Chilliad about 5 minutes ago.

Currently watching some guy very slowly descending on the other side of the map from where he is supposed to be.

BraXzy

Got a feeling the next patch will probably adjust Violent Duct just because of how quick and easy it is to farm. Probably knock down the amount you get from it or make it a lot harder.

If you want me to, I can show you how to do the Violent Duct mission the fast way, I'm on xbox GT: AnX IReCoiLz ... there are better missions than it but they require a much much higher level and is more tricky to come by. The best I have seen so far is a level 75 unlocked mission where you have to destroy evidence in a car park on a ground floor, which you can do in seconds by firing a grenade launcher over the wall, you pass amd get $25,000 and 4,000RP. I've never managed to get in a lobby for it though.

Oh damn I just check the Rockstar Social site and my online slot has a completely blank page, no money no rank. That better change by the time I'm home :S

moai

KAOz

Short bus special
Oh damn I just check the Rockstar Social site and my online slot has a completely blank page, no money no rank. That better change by the time I'm home :S

Dont hold your breath. Been waiting for two days now. Honestly, you have probably lost it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So what's a good way of leveling up? I'm getting bored of hearing about all these cool races and missions I can't play, lol.

Also had a pop-up after playing golf "preventing character deletion", though it disappeared before I could read it.

DogMeat77

I just got my latest character back up to 15. When I call Gerald it is giving me a lock on Request Job "This item unlocks when Gerald has a Job available". I can't get him to offer me any jobs... anyone see this before?

I'm holding off on jumping back into Online 'til things are stable...I'd just picked up the 205k apartment and am hoping I won't mysteriously lose a character and have to start from scratch.

I miss open world hijinks, though. Now my GTA experience is just tracking stocks with my single player characters : \

Static Jak

I'm at the point that if I had just made a new character after my last guy vanished days ago, I'd have at least twice the rank and money.

daviyoung

Banned
I just got my latest character back up to 15. When I call Gerald it is giving me a lock on Request Job "This item unlocks when Gerald has a Job available". I can't get him to offer me any jobs... anyone see this before?

That's all I get from him and Simeon. Level 5 here.

pringles

I know people just want the money/rp but where's the fun in grinding the same mission for hours? I don't get it.
Some people go too far for sure, but it's an absurdly easy and fast way to make money. Almost feels deliberately put in as a way to farm so doesn't make sense to me to not exploit it at all. Farming it for an hour or two relieves a lot of the frustration that I got earlier from playing for an hour only to get griefed a few times in free mode and being back at square one.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Lol just saw they've put that character loss message in the in-game loading screen too. It's useless though as i've tried everything they say.

I know people just want the money/rp but where's the fun in grinding the same mission for hours? I don't get it.

I don't see the point in doing it for hours, but it's a quick way to boost your cash. Since the game's still taking money from your bank when you die when it's not supposed to, it's nice to actually gain money.

I used it to grab one of the lower 10 car garage apartments. Didn't take very long.

Farming the missions is one thing. That's fine. Glitching the missions, especially considering Violent Ducts is already really quick to clear, is definitely crossing a pretty clear line. Don't do it. The result will be Rockstar nerfing the mission (and perhaps the playerbase) into the ground.

Ted

We need to arrange games better to get people on.

I'll be on from about 8:30-9:00ish tonight. Let's get some races and shit going BritGAF gang.
yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

BritGAF does seem a little thin on the ground in regards to playing online. Nate is the only person I see on there regularly and we always pair up doing missions.

I'm sometimes online then, if not, I'm usually on by 10pm for an hour or so.

Always up for filling out some sessions with BritGAF. So far I've only managed one race with the crew before getting disconnected but everything seems a lot more stable now so it's worth another shot.

I'm on the crew roster but I'm always happy to add new PSN friends, my handle is in my profile.

A bit of variation in activities would be great. There seems to be plenty of people racing or shooting shit up in free-roam but I can't get anyone to join parachuting, lower value co-op missions, many of the competitive mission modes (Top Fun is awesome) or any of the "sports" activities.

I get plenty of invites to join grinding sessions but it gets really dull after a couple of the same mission regardless of payout and then people get pissed that I don't spam R2 for a retry and dare to suggest that perhaps trading fun for grinding just to get a pretend apartment in a game might be a bit too close to busy work for me.

I probably just don't really /get/ the race to have all the things and prefer to simply have a laugh or maybe I just have an incredibly lower boredom threshold. Who knows, who cares!

MYeager

It came back, but then it disappeared then it came back but there's no portrait. Weird. Maybe the cloud servers are on and off.

Happened to e yesterday and also showed zero progress under all of my single player characters too, but it was back when I got home from work. For some reason they gave me the option for a one time character appearance change too.

Astery

Can anyone tell me what the tutorial missions consist of? My friend is trying to join my game but apparently he hasn't finished the tutorial yet, and I'm not sure what's left for him to do to complete the tutorial. He got his free car.

Marleyman

Banned
Farming the missions is one thing. That's fine. Glitching the missions, especially considering Violent Ducts is already really quick to clear, is definitely crossing a pretty clear line. Don't do it. The result will be Rockstar nerfing the mission (and perhaps the playerbase) into the ground.

I am with you; I just doubt most will stop.

Tawpgun

GAF st needs to roll with mics also. Too many if you seem to be mute.

And I keep getting put into auto aim death matches, even though my free mode is free aim.

And funny story from last night, some dude was riding out his bounty on the train. I tried killing him as the train pased me but he was in cover, I needed higher ground. So I fly down the tracks and perch up on this cliff above the tracks. When I zoom in on him I see he has a fucking minigun and is killing cops. Oh well. Snipes him for 5k

Can anyone tell me what the tutorial missions consist of? My friend is trying to join my game but apparently he hasn't finished the tutorial yet, and I'm not sure what's left for him to do to complete the tutorial. He got his free car.

I know that after the insured car part of the tutorial, the game sent me to play a mission of LTS (forgot where).

I timed out when I tried to play it, but it must have still registered as completed as the next time I found myself in the full open-world, outside of the tutorial stages.

I feel for the gafbros who lost characters... but, to be honest, mine has been running fine since Sunday. Played last night for a couple of hours without a single hiccup.

Holy shit!

Escalation, the #1 crew member, just jumped from 350k to 1 million respect points overnight.....

It shows him as having 13 days of in game time now.

Don´t know if it´s still broken or if the playerbase is just shit, but nobody wants to play with me.

I keep inviting people but nobody wants to join my jobs - whenever I join someone else's job I´m the only one.

Same here, tried every job still noone accepts invites no matter what i do.

Probably the game doesn't even invite enough people.I dont know.

KAOz

Short bus special
Fuck it. Character still gone. Creating a new one in Slot 2.

Anyone got Violent Ducts open and want to help a GAFfer out to farm that fucking mission? Need to get back to some decent levels at least.

PSN ID is KAOz2000. Hit me up to help out. :)

Top Bottom