• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I'm sorry for all of you looking for Violent Duct. I keep getting it on my phone every so often and I just ignore it because I don't want to grind anymore.

I didn't know you could drink until you passed out. Kept downing shots of whiskey til he closed the bottle up, then I went to the beer to see how much I could have. Suddenly my character collapses and wakes up in a random part of town. This was a real "oh shit" moment because I'd planned on laying low in my apartment to wait out a 9k bounty on my head. Managed to get back there just seconds before some hunter rolled up to potentially cap my ass.

Now I'm watching tokyostomp wearing a helmet and skeleton mask receive a haircut, somehow. And he's taking selfies all over the place. Such vanity.

Holy shit that was crazy. There was a lobby with 4 people with bounties. I killed one of them. His friend was mad. His friend happened to have a buzzard...

I crash landed my chopper in the LS River, got out, and sniped him out of the pilots seat.

What a game. Loving it so far. We really need to get an organized lobby going sometime.

0_0.jpg

Yeah, I started playing it again tonight after a hiatus caused by losing some characters. Would definitely love to play some big Gaf games.

MYeager

Had a weird glitch tonight. I was trying to hit up different convenience stores in free roam and a couple guys decided they would prefer to kill me because I drove down the street they happened to be on. I got one and the other sprayed my car and it blew up. Instead of killing me somehow I became invulnerable to damage.

I realized this because the other guy started running me over, backing up and doing it again. So I moved once and the shotgunned him to death. Him and the other guy respawned and kept trying to kill me. It didn't work out well. They gave up and I wandered around walking the streets, and other players would see me and immediately try to kill me because I guess some people think it's a Deathmatch mode all the time. Didn't work.

Got bored, went to the Fort. You can drive into the Fort using the hill on the East side behind where the hangers are. It's raised up and I jumped it with a SUV so it's not too hard to do. Stole a jet, ran out of fuel and crashed it. Racked up a five star wanted level with just a knife and then waited at the bottom of a lake for it to go away.

Don't know how that happened. But I got stuck with the repair bill for my car so I made it worth it.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I could solo it in about 2 minutes. Plus the loading time to restart.

I start off at the back wall next to the strip club with a sniper rifle and kill the 2 guys to the left, then immediately after there is one guy to the right that goes into cover by the car. You can also headshot a guy way in the back that keeps peaking his head out by aiming in the same spot. Now using an automatic assault weapon, I then run over to the big cylinder pillar past the dumpsters and blow up the red gas can taking out a couple guys. Then run over to the blue van and shoot the guy through the door opening that's in cover behind the van. Then to your right, I stand on the rubble and take out 2 guys in the back and left. Then run up and cover on the right side of furthest wall with 2 guys behind it and take them out plus the guy behind the crates. Then take out the guy in the back behind the van door with the coke by shooting his legs first so he goes out of cover or falls down allowing you to headshot him.

After getting the coke, I just go into cover and shoot the guys that come in the van, grab a motorcycle and go to Gerald's place taking the shortcut along the chain fence, not the GPS way using the road.

I was doing it this way much faster than a party of 3, because more people make the movements of the guys less predictable.

just ignore the guys in the van.
Pick up the coke and leave. They are too slow to do anything about it.

I could solo it in about 2 minutes. Plus the loading time to restart.

I start off at the back wall next to the strip club with a sniper rifle and kill the 2 guys to the left, then immediately after there is one guy to the right that goes into cover by the car. You can also headshot a guy way in the back that keeps peaking his head out by aiming in the same spot. Now using an automatic assault weapon, I then run over to the big cylinder pillar past the dumpsters and blow up the red gas can taking out a couple guys. Then run over to the blue van and shoot the guy through the door opening that's in cover behind the van. Then to your right, I stand on the rubble and take out 2 guys in the back and left. Then run up and cover on the right side of furthest wall with 2 guys behind it and take them out plus the guy behind the crates. Then take out the guy in the back behind the van door with the coke by shooting his legs first so he goes out of cover or falls down allowing you to headshot him.

After getting the coke, I just go into cover and shoot the guys that come in the van, grab a motorcycle and go to Gerald's place taking the shortcut along the chain fence, not the GPS way using the road.

I was doing it this way much faster than a party of 3, because more people make the movements of the guys less predictable.

Two minutes is about where I'm at after I changed it up, done it a couple times at a bit under. I've been going in the left side, drive in a bit to smash the gate, get to a pillar, pull out the assault rifle, aim to head shot the first guy on the right and mow down almost all the guys in the back, set off a couple explosions one from the red tank behind the SUVs and another from a barrel that there's usually a guy who runs up to hide behind, kill a guy that's behind a pillar front and right of my position, run up to the wall by the van, carefully toss a grenade to kill a dude hiding behind a wrecked car that for some reason you can't shoot through and then switch to my hand gun and put a couple bullets into the guy with the coke. He's usually by the van so I take that and leave and get back to Gerald's in 10-15 seconds.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure it's only one tracked vehicle at a time.

Okay, thank you. I'll be sure to get old Betsie back to the garage in one piece before I start making a fool of myself on the scooter.

I love this game! Even doing small time stuff early on is fun with/without friends. Every day is a new adventure in ridiculous LS.

I was in a jet and far away from the military base. Missiles were coming from seemingly nowhere. I dove out of the jet after it got hit and was hit by a missile while parachuting.

wat

Lisker

I was in a jet and far away from the military base. Missiles were coming from seemingly nowhere. I dove out of the jet after it got hit and was hit by a missile while parachuting.

wat

Well when you steal the jets, they send jets after you, and they use SAMS on you too. So it's most likely one of those got you.

When you get the jet fly as low as possible, and fly towards the sea so you have more degrees of movement.

It's really odd that there's a cinematic camera for taking a cab online but not in single player.

There isn't? I thought there was. If not then it's most likely due to the fact that you cannot skip the trip online.

Well when you steal the jets, they send jets after you, and they use SAMS on you too. So it's most likely one of those got you.

When you get the jet fly as low as possible, and fly towards the sea so you have more degrees of movement.
Do these jets show up on radar?

And are they invisible? I didn't see anything around me after my jet was hit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Had my first glorious being a dick moment last night. Was robbing a shop when some dude comes in and kills me for nothing. So when i respawn I see he's now robbing the shop. Cross the street, he comes out of the shop and I headshot him before he even sees me. to add insult to injury, I steal his car and it's one of the ones that Simeon is after, gets me 7 grand for my trouble. Was slightly worried I was going to get fucked up in a revenge attack but none came. Felt SO GOOD.

waypoetic

Banned
These menues man... I know KAOz told me how to create/join a private session but i've already forgot. I can't take this griefing shit anymore! I want to do the missions, level up and buy new stuff - i can't do that when i'm getting killed left and right.

KAOz

Short bus special
These menues man... I know KAOz told me how to create/join a private session but i've already forgot. I can't take this griefing shit anymore! I want to do the missions, level up and buy new stuff - i can't do that when i'm getting killed left and right.

SP, Start Menu, Online, Join GTA Online, then pick Invite Only session.

Which level you at dawg? Need to refarm my ranks and cash.

pringles

I don't have the strenght of mind to farm Duct for hours upon hours like some do, but farming it for like 100k every now and then really takes the stress out of the game and makes it more enjoyable for me. Then I can mess around in free mode without worrying too much about dying, I can buy a weapon upgrade for my pistol without losing 50% of my cash, I can do some of the longer and more difficult missions and not be too bothered that the rewards suck compared to the easiest mission in the game.

waypoetic

Banned
SP, Start Menu, Online, Join GTA Online, then pick Invite Only session.

Which level you at dawg? Need to refarm my ranks and cash.

Ok ok ok ok. I photographed the screen to make sure i can't forget it this time :p

Uhm, 11? I think i haven't moved an inch since we played. I'm all game in a couple of hours. I'm in school right now.

Seep

Played for a bit last night, the mission after the race I got kicked back to single player when I went back online I got a message saying that I quit out of a mission and if it happens again they'll give me a dunce cap. Sort your shit out rock star.

Can you change your dudes features once your guy is created?

KAOz

Short bus special
Ok ok ok ok. I photographed the screen to make sure i can't forget it this time :p

Uhm, 11? I think i haven't moved an inch since we played. I'm all game in a couple of hours. I'm in school right now.

Well, I am at work right now.
Then we need a third party who is level 15 and got access to Duct. Since I lost all my shit.

Lisker

Do these jets show up on radar?

And are they invisible? I didn't see anything around me after my jet was hit.

They do, but usually they are out of radar range when they get you. The lock-on on those jets is pretty kick-ass. But with a little manouvering you can dodge their attacks.

They won't follow you far from the base luckely, so once you leave the area you are safe.

DRE Fei

The top tier apartments are amazing inside. There's a security camera for the front door and garage on the tv. You can even spectate other players free roaming on the server. It's an amazing amount of detail.

pringles

The top tier apartments are amazing inside. There's a security camera for the front door and garage on the tv. You can even spectate other players free roaming on the server. It's an amazing amount of detail.
My shitty 130k apt got those features too ;)

Love the location too, pretty close to the helicopters by the bay.

All I'm envious of from the more expensive ones is the view, but with spectating it's not a must. I think I'll settle for this one and spend my money on vehicles and upgrades.

zap

I want to play again, but I don't want to start again and grind back up. I hope that Rockstar can come up with a way to restore characters before this weekend.

DodgerSan

Is there some level requirement for 'join crew'?

I've tried finding some other BritGAF's for the past 3-4 evenings and it always fails.

Unless no-one else is on?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is there some level requirement for 'join crew'?

I've tried finding some other BritGAF's for the past 3-4 evenings and it always fails.

Unless no-one else is on?

It might be that only a few people are on, there was nobody about yesterday evening when I was on, I figure server issues and typical play times might be colluding. If you can only get on at 8 and the servers are down at 8....

Played with lots of BritGAFers over the weekend however. Gives me the warm fuzzies to know that these are my people.

Dreamseller

Neo Member
New Update on the support site:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online

Updated 10/8/13: If you have previously created a character but see an empty character selection screen when entering GTA Online, please back out to GTAV Story Mode and try re-entering GTA Online through the pause menu (repeat or wait until Rockstar cloud servers are back up). Do not create a new character in the empty slot where your character should be.

If you receive the message 'The Rockstar Cloud Servers Are Unavailable', please return to GTAV Story Mode and follow the steps above. Please do not press “Retry” on the message and do not proceed online with saving disabled, as this may lead to overwriting your existing character.

Not helpful at all. Been trying this since saturday. Guess they still have no idea what happened to the characters.

Mikeside

It might be that only a few people are on, there was nobody about yesterday evening when I was on, I figure server issues and typical play times might be colluding. If you can only get on at 8 and the servers are down at 8....

Played with lots of BritGAFers over the weekend however. Gives me the warm fuzzies to know that these are my people.

We need to arrange games better to get people on.

I'll be on from about 8:30-9:00ish tonight. Let's get some races and shit going BritGAF gang.
yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

Ding-Ding

We need to arrange games better to get people on.

I'll be on from about 8:30-9:00ish tonight. Let's get some races and shit going BritGAF gang.
yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

BritGAF does seem a little thin on the ground in regards to playing online. Nate is the only person I see on there regularly and we always pair up doing missions.

Toothpick

They were calling me a pussy for sniping them from rooftops when they instigated this by killing me as I was shopping for guns.

So happy I unlocked the sniper rifle. It's perfect for punishing those lower level trolls who try to mess with you in free roam. I was playing with 3 buds when some guy drove by and started killing us. I got pretty mad and I sniped him 3 times in a row as he was respawning. We then ran him over another 3-4 times. He came at us with grenades and failed, he even went full kamikazee on us and tried detonating the grenade along with his car but he missed twice lol.

We probably cost him a couple grand with all those respawns. Felt a little evil, but that's what happens when you mess with my crew!!!

meep!

Neo Member
How does vehicle spawn work online? Sometimes I can find the cars selling for 9k all the time, other times I can drive around all over the map for an hour without seeing one. It seems really strange at times.

Mikeside

BritGAF does seem a little thin on the ground in regards to playing online. Nate is the only person I see on there regularly and we always pair up doing missions.

I've been on a fair bit (considering I have a job and all), I've seen J_Tourettes, dapperbandit and Jedeye on a bit too - I think we'll bulk up in numbers a lot in the next couple of weeks as people complete single player & stop worrying about the currently shaky infrastructure behind GTAO.

If you want to get some people online, just pop your head in the thread and ask :)

Ding-Ding

How does vehicle spawn work online? Sometimes I can find the cars selling for 9k all the time, other times I can drive around all over the map for an hour without seeing one. It seems really strange at times.

The memory management is even worse than the single player. The majority of the time its the same few models. The really weird part is when there are no cars or peds spawning. Every now and then it really becomes a ghost town

Top Bottom