• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Kajiba

Oh wow, just found out that you can call your mechanic to drop off any car that you own in your garage to where you are at. Pretty cool.

I am from the UK and always looking for someone to team with to play some golf, do some racing or just mess around and have some fun

My PSN id is kevcampbellHD so anyone feel free to add me please haha

Sounds like a bug (shouldn't prompt to replace empty).. but you should have replaced empty
That's what I did and my bike disappeared. =( Had to buy another one.

Hey I have two cars in my garage right now, they're the same and I want to get rid of the non upgraded one. How can I be sure to get rid of that one and not my good one?

erawsd

So I think I kinda-sorta got my character back?

I lost my 3rd character a few days back and havent bothered since. However, I just logged in and it it automatically loaded a level 4 character. He doesn't look anything like my old guy but he has the same level, weapons, and 28k in the bank that my last character had. It did force me back through the tutorial though.

Bought an apartment last night, the $87,000 one. I saw it as the best way to not get upset by the high death penalty.. If you put your money into property, they take pretty much nothing out of you when you die.

Nothing special about it, except that the location is good... blocks from Vespucci beach, close to the chop shop, ammunation, and the airport.

So, confirm: NPC characters can put bounties on you? I stole a car from a random NPC in Sandy Shores, she screamed at me and said she was gonna kill me, then I got random text messages saying I was a dead man... Next up, got a $5000 bounty. I survived for a day (in game), and they gave me the $5,000. So it sounds like you can claim your own bounties if you survive?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I've reached level 15, I keep phoning Gerald for this Violent Duct mission, but he not only wont send me that, he wont send me any missions after I phone him.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Anyone know past level 30 (froggers only spawn, then) where you can get a cargobob?

It stops spawning at the airport?

I'm just rank 20 and have seen multiple Cargobobs spawn on the three helipads that are mostly hosts to regular helicopters that is just outside the Devlin hangar.

Alienous

My main fear for this was that the initial simple competetive gameplay would be ruined by the airstrikes/body armor/rpg's/pimped bullet proofed tired cars/attatchments/Lester hidey perk/stats etc to infinity.

Any sign of that yet?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It stops spawning at the airport?

I'm just rank 20 and have seen multiple Cargobobs spawn on the three helipads that are mostly hosts to regular helicopters that is just outside the Devlin hangar.

Yeah, once you're 30 it stops spawning at the airport and the sandy shores airfield, it's just froggers now.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You're trying to steal the tank again aren't you. Where is is located, I want to try to steal it.

I'm going look at the military base to see if the cargobob spawns there, if so, I'll chute in and try to steal it then lose my stars and go back for the tank.

twisted89

So I've reached level 15, I keep phoning Gerald for this Violent Duct mission, but he not only wont send me that, he wont send me any missions after I phone him.

You either have to do the mission he gives you or wait a few minutes before he'll give you another one. If you call him too soon he'll just complain you're impatient.

Dave1988

Thank jeebus that the VD glitch exists. I need to buy a new apartment and then rebuy my current one thanks to the American Dream trophy bug.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Don't see one yet, crap.

Yeah, I flew over everywhere, I don't think cargobobs even spawn at the military base.

Tawpgun

My main fear for this was that the initial simple competetive gameplay would be ruined by the airstrikes/body armor/rpg's/pimped bullet proofed tired cars/attatchments/Lester hidey perk/stats etc to infinity.

Any sign of that yet?

I killed some high level player with a bounty and he called mercenaries on me which were SUPER annoying. Not sure if there's a time limit to them or a finite number of them but I saw 3 full trucks of them coming at me. It might have been the same one I kept outrunning though.

He also had a buzzard. Not sure if thats something you have to buy or you can just steal, but it made him untouchable.

God, I love the "Top Fun" missions. :D
Well, unless your team members crash their jets right after take-off...

As of now, I prefer Top Fun I over Top Fun II. It's just more fun to flee on a motorbike.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Anyone know how to do the quick launch on races? Also, it seems those people who look like they'll race legitimately will just wreck you at the end if you're right in front of them on the last lap. I'm about to just start pit maneuvering every wanker I race against.

Plasmid

Day 8: cloud servers still down.

At this point I don't think I'll ever get past the cloud server bullshit. I have NEVER gotten past it. Never been able to see the tutorial
Past patch 1.

I've never seen carriers make it to the target. The only times they've won have been when the jets crashed.

on the first game, I did win by the jets crashing. on the second game, I actually did make it to the hanger. I was pretty fortunate that one opponent killed himself by trying to ram me of all things.

for clarification, this was top fun 3

Marleyman

Banned
I killed some high level player with a bounty and he called mercenaries on me which were SUPER annoying. Not sure if there's a time limit to them or a finite number of them but I saw 3 full trucks of them coming at me. It might have been the same one I kept outrunning though.

He also had a buzzard. Not sure if thats something you have to buy or you can just steal, but it made him untouchable.

Ugh, my worst fear for this game is this. People running around that play the game non stop with a personal security detail, bulletproof everything.

Anyone know how to do the quick launch on races? Also, it seems those people who look like they'll race legitimately will just wreck you at the end if you're right in front of them on the last lap. I'm about to just start pit maneuvering every wanker I race against.
Hit gas on 'go'.

Arcteryx

Hit the gas when it says Go.

I had a few races yesterday where people just cut checkpoints and rammed you once you had a large lead(works on some of the dirt bike races). Pretty fucking annoying to say the least; should have a "ghost" system in place for racing the wrong direction.

God, I love the "Top Fun" missions. :D
Well, unless your team members crash their jets right after take-off...

As of now, I prefer Top Fun I over Top Fun II. It's just more fun to flee on a motorbike.

Top fun 1 is significantly easier on the motorbike than it is in the plane. You get some great moments, but in playing Top Fun maybe... 5 or 6 times, I've never seen the hunters win. I'm very good with the planes (well, relative to other players), and can usually manage to get 1 or 2 bike kills a game... but it's hard. The best chance to get it is on the final straight away, even though there are bridges for the bikes to duck under... It's one of the few final straight away without tall obstructions around. The tough part is that if there are 3 or 4 bikes left, one of them is going to get through.

Still -- tons of fun. But I think a lot of people are frustrated by that because they can't fly. years of flying in GTA:SA paid off.

Day 8: cloud servers still down.

At this point I don't think I'll ever get past the cloud server bullshit. I have NEVER gotten past it. Never been able to see the tutorial
Past patch 1.

I am really surprised by this and frankly would begin to think that it's a router setting or something else. On 360, it was ultra glitchy for me from Tue Oct 1 to Saturday Oct 5, but even on Friday Oct 4 and Saturday Oct 5 I was still able to get in and play with extended sessions, though would usually crap out once or twice in there. But since Sunday Oct 6, the game has connected for me pretty much every time... I don't remember having a connection issue since then.

Tawpgun

Ugh, my worst fear for this game is this. People running around that play the game non stop with a personal security detail, bulletproof everything.

Just gotta wait and see if it gets abused anymore. Seeing the game grow is gonna be interesting for sure.

Top Bottom