• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Been thinking of putting together a GTA:Online Upvote/Downvote idea website. I built the same functionality for a client about 6 months ago and it'd be easy to put together... Any interest from gaf?

Rockstar has mentioned a forum, but I really do think they need an idea/suggestion site with organic support for better and worse ideas to implement. Things like tweaking death penalties, "chaos" free mode, etc...

Tawpgun

Been thinking of putting together a GTA:Online Upvote/Downvote idea website. I built the same functionality for a client about 6 months ago and it'd be easy to put together... Any interest from gaf?

Rockstar has mentioned a forum, but I really do think they need an idea/suggestion site with organic support for better and worse ideas to implement. Things like tweaking death penalties, "chaos" free mode, etc...

I know I want the customizable lobbies back.

I know GTA Online was supposed to be a unified experience, but I wish I could have some control over my lobby. Friendly fire on/off. Auto aim on/off. Death penalties, bounties, COPS on/off.

Arcteryx

Is there an easy method of raising shooting skills? I pretty much exclusively use pistol/SMG and go for headshots(get lots of them too), so it's not a case of accuracy issues. On top of that, I feel like I've shot a ton of baddies(more so than I've driven a car it seems), yet it's one of my lowest stats.

Qwell

does anyone know of any missions that pay more than $25k? I'm rank 37 now, and a fellow NGTT crew member was saying there is a $100k mission available at rank 35 but wasn't sure the name. I've been trying to find a mission list on the web, but I guess my google skills are failing me. The one I found only has about 6 missions and again the best one paying $25k.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Gerald really doesn't want to send me any missions at all, Simeon is quite happy to send me everything under the sun, but Gerald wont send me a single one.

So, do we know what happens when you buy a plane yet? We buy a car off the website and it gets delivered to our garage with insuarance etc., but what about planes and helicopters? Do they get put somewhere we can then always get them like cars, do they come with insurance, because it would be a bit pointless buying one if it would be gone forever if you crashed it.

Question. To those people that are reporting randomly getting kicked for no reason, or not being able to connect to sessions, are you running on a DSL connection??

My brother has been having a very hard time trying to join my game. While all my other friends (on cable or fios) have no problems at all connecting. I'm just wondering if it has something to do with his internet speed, or if I should look into seeing if he has a restricted NAT or something.

Qwell

Is there an easy method of raising shooting skills? I pretty much exclusively use pistol/SMG and go for headshots(get lots of them too), so it's not a case of accuracy issues. On top of that, I feel like I've shot a ton of baddies(more so than I've driven a car it seems), yet it's one of my lowest stats.

It really is just kill as many people as possible. I thought it was going slow as heck myself, I had already maxed Stamina and Stealth, had some good progress on Lung Capacity but shooting was always super low. Finally started seeing it going up after going on some really long murder rampages.

According to my social club stats I have 582 kills, 288 headshots, and 33.6% accuracy and my shooting is about 3.7 bars.

does anyone know of any missions that pay more than $25k? I'm rank 37 now, and a fellow NGTT crew member was saying there is a $100k mission available at rank 35 but wasn't sure the name. I've been trying to find a mission list on the web, but I guess my google skills are failing me. The one I found only has about 6 missions and again the best one paying $25k.

There's a thread on GTAForums that has been listing out mission payouts, and the highest is $25k at this point, and there's a few of them.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/614195-specific-job-payouts-cash-only-not-rp/

Credit to the guys at GTAF for putting this together.

This only goes up to like Level 40 so far. I'll spoil this for people who don't want to have any missions revealed:

Gerald
Violent Duct: 9,000 - 15
No Hay Bronca: 9,000 - 9
War and Pieces: 7,000 - 30
Trevor's Enigma: 7,000 - 7
Meth'd Up: 5,000 - 7
Death Metal: 3,000 - 6
Flood in the LS River: 2,000 - 6
Gassed Up: 2,000 - 12
Pier Pressure: 1,500
Deal Breaker: 1,000 - 6

Simeon
Rich Men in Richman: 5,000 - 5
Blow Up III: 3,000
Blow Up II: 3,000
ATV Steal: 2,000 - 25
Chasers II: 2,000
El Burro Heists: 2,000 - 10
Gentry Does It: 2,000 - 10
All in the Game: 2,000 - 10
It Takes a Thief: 2,000 - 5
Rockford Roll: 1,500 - 5
Blow Up: 1,500 - 12
Where Credit's Due: 1,000 - 5

Lamar
No Smoking: 5,000 - 30
Going Down the GOH: 5,000
Caught Napping: 5,000
Lost MC RIP: 3,000
San Andreas Seoul: 3,000 - 16
Ticket to Elysium: 3,000 - 18
Ballas to the Wall: 1,000 - 5

Martin
Rooftop Rumble: 25,000 - 75
Mixed up with Coke: 18,000 - 45
Los Santos Connection: 17,000
Check Out Time: 10,000 - 35
Holed Up: 7,000 - 50
Death From Above: 5,000 - 24
Out of Court Settlement: 5,000 - 22

Lester
Teaser Trailer: 10,000 - 40
A Titan of a Job: 10,000 - 24
Quarry Quarry: 10,000 - 30
By Land Sea and Air: 9,000 - 30
High Priority Case: 7,000 - 25
Last Chopper Out of LS: 7,000
Landing Strip: 7,000 - 22
Cop's Capacity: 2,000

Ron/TP Industries
Base Invaders: 25,000 - 27
Crystal Clear Out: 10,000
Crank Up the Volume: 10,000 - 30
A Boat in the Bay: 7,000 - 40
Fueling the Flames: 5,000 - 20
Lost My Mind: 5,000 - 20
Daemon Run: 5,000 - 25
Turbine Carbine: 5,000
Romance isn't Dead: 2,000 - 13

Qwell

There's a thread on GTAForums that has been listing out mission payouts, and the highest is $25k at this point, and there's a few of them.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/614195-specific-job-payouts-cash-only-not-rp/

Credit to the guys at GTAF for putting this together.
Thanks man, that is exactly what I had been looking for. Sucks when I can't remember payouts for different missions when I'm trying to pick one to do. Did one yesterday that took 2 tries and a total of like 20 minutes (trying to find a damn heli) and the payout was only $5k, really disappointing.

So wait... what is the cash penalty for dying, and how do I minimize it?

I never seem to have as much cash as I think i should, I assume I'm getting heavily taxed ever time some high level character riddles my level 6 character with bullets, and then does it again, and again...

I never seem to have as much cash as I think i should, I assume I'm getting heavily taxed ever time some high level character riddles my level 6 character with bullets, and then does it again, and again...

I've seen 5% of your total money, 2k, and 5% of your total money with a 2k max all reported as your Hospital Bill (death penalty). Not sure which is true to be honest but it indeed adds up quite quickly if you're dying a lot in the Free Roam.

I've seen 5% of your total money, 2k, and 5% of your total money with a 2k max all reported as your Hospital Bill (death penalty). Not sure which is true to be honest but it indeed adds up quite quickly if you're dying a lot in the Free Roam.
Thanks.. and that is even true if you've deposited your money?

Dred-I

Neo Member
Gerald really doesn't want to send me any missions at all, Simeon is quite happy to send me everything under the sun, but Gerald wont send me a single one.

So, do we know what happens when you buy a plane yet? We buy a car off the website and it gets delivered to our garage with insuarance etc., but what about planes and helicopters? Do they get put somewhere we can then always get them like cars, do they come with insurance, because it would be a bit pointless buying one if it would be gone forever if you crashed it.

There is a small write up on gta online on the social club websites that explains a few things everyone shoud know. I cant access it right now but i believe it says some sort of agency will deliver planes, choppers and boats. Ita worth a read. Cant believe how nothjng was really explained. I have played with several people with ranks at 20-30 yesterday that were unaware that u could even nlow the minimap up on purpose.
Blow up the size of the minimap. Sorry posting from phone.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Had 4 people robbing a store near me while I was in a plane. They were in a cargobob. I planned on stealing it but they already got in. Engaged kamikaze mode and blew me and all of them up hahahaha.

Arcteryx

wtf @ the "Caught Napping" mission...

Talk about waste of time for the rewards($5000): I had to drive half-way across the map because the AI just kept racing away/shitty spawn, then the enemies CONSTANTLY respawn(even load-in all around you lol). Took me like 4 re-tries and then I only get $5000 out of a 30 minute effort.

seinfeld_no_thanksnws9d.gif

Also, wtf is wrong with the AI driving in online? Did they strip out ALL the code for it? I swear, I've NEVER seen them drive this bad: constantly sliding all over, driving full speed into you when the mission progresses to the (drive the package back to X location) phase. I was waiting for Leroy(from the above mission) to enter my car and the AI drivers(non-enemy) just kept racing full speed into my car over and over. On top of that, they kept racing through red lights when I neared the objective and t-boned me a few times. I swear it's hard-coded to add "pressure" or something.

It's no wonder people want to just grind the quick missions when the payouts for some of these other missions are just complete shit.

Tawpgun

I only kill people with bounties, people who are assholes to me or someone else, or someone who seems threatening, which is a fine line.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm not even bothering with this game no more. Once I finally get on after waiting 10 minutes I just get kicked.

wtf @ the "Caught Napping" mission...

Talk about waste of time for the rewards($5000): I had to drive half-way across the map because the AI just kept racing away/shitty spawn, then the enemies CONSTANTLY respawn(even load-in all around you lol). Took me like 4 re-tries and then I only get $5000 out of a 30 minute effort.

seinfeld_no_thanksnws9d.gif

Also, wtf is wrong with the AI driving in online? Did they strip out ALL the code for it? I swear, I've NEVER seen them drive this bad: constantly sliding all over, driving full speed into you when the mission progresses to the (drive the package back to X location) phase. I was waiting for Leroy(from the above mission) to enter my car and the AI drivers(non-enemy) just kept racing full speed into my car over and over. On top of that, they kept racing through red lights when I neared the objective and t-boned me a few times. I swear it's hard-coded to add "pressure" or something.

It's no wonder people want to just grind the quick missions when the payouts for some of these other missions are just complete shit.
When they hear gunshots, they go ballistic and accelerate through anyone and anything. It's really stupid and makes for a really hard time on a motorcycle in online.

And yeah, that mission is terrible. I must've destroyed like 10 cars before they let up a bit.

5% of your total cash with a cap on $2,000. Same with if you bank your money. You will also lose a higher percentage of your cash on hand if you are carrying cash. Dunno what that is though, I bank money as soon as I get the chance.

It's really damaging between the $30,000 - $80,000 level, because $2,000 is often the hihest reward you get for doing a job and you can lose it all in a matter of seconds.

Best way to minimize your death tax is to buy property... It actually gives you something tangible and you can sell it later (admittedly, for like half the value), but it still prevents you from needlessly losing cash for no reason in free roam.

Plasmid

Have you tried clearing the system cache?
Not since the newest patch. I'll try.

I am really surprised by this and frankly would begin to think that it's a router setting or something else. On 360, it was ultra glitchy for me from Tue Oct 1 to Saturday Oct 5, but even on Friday Oct 4 and Saturday Oct 5 I was still able to get in and play with extended sessions, though would usually crap out once or twice in there. But since Sunday Oct 6, the game has connected for me pretty much every time... I don't remember having a connection issue since then.

Gonna clear my router settings, if it's still the same i'l just put em back.

Not since the newest patch. I'll try.

Gonna clear my router settings, if it's still the same i'l just put em back.

Clear your router settings and clear your game cache like somebody else recommended. Even when things were bad last week I was still able to at least get into a game occassionally... even if I didn't stay connected.

FWIW, the game is running pretty well. The wait between free roam and missions is minimal.

Defyler

Character hasn't been back since sunday morning. My lvl 17 stats load on social club and I retained my cash. But have a different character face, character stats, and back to level 1.

Weird thing is every lobby I go into on free roam now has all the stores removed, all the haircut / clothes stores removed.... it's really strange.

I wish Rockstar would have said something specifically with lost characters.

Mononoke

Banned
Wow, Violent Duct 2.0. Too bad you have to get to lvl 75 to have access to it XD

Yeah, because level 75's so badly need the cash. lol

To be fair, Rockstar never wanted people to be able to replay missions (well sort of). I say sort of, because you can always redo missions by calling up people on your phone over and over. But they didn't expect you to be able to do it over and over that instantly. Plus calling on the phone is random mission select, so it takes some time.

Plasmid

Clear your router settings and clear your game cache like somebody else recommended. Even when things were bad last week I was still able to at least get into a game occassionally... even if I didn't stay connected.

FWIW, the game is running pretty well. The wait between free roam and missions is minimal.

Still getting the same message. Truly fucked :lol.

I mean are people still experiencing character loss & random cloud server outages? Surely it can't be just me.

To be fair, Rockstar never wanted people to be able to replay missions (well sort of). I say sort of, because you can always redo missions by calling up people on your phone over and over. But they didn't expect you to be able to do it over and over that instantly. Plus calling on the phone is random mission select, so it takes some time.

Considering that there is a Replay option in the Vote Screen, they did expect people repeating missions quickly. They just didn't have the foresight to understand that people would farm them as constantly as they did (which is why Replay is no longer selectable on that screen). And at the early levels you don't have to call them to get repeat missions. They often give you the same missions repeatedly on their own.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Some stats are showing in the crew section for GTA Online. The crew stats.

Looking good.

Yea, it's really difficult to sort anything though. The thing only shows 7 or 8 people at a time. I really wish they would add an 'export to excel' option or something but that's likely a pipe dream.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
There is a small write up on gta online on the social club websites that explains a few things everyone shoud know. I cant access it right now but i believe it says some sort of agency will deliver planes, choppers and boats. Ita worth a read. Cant believe how nothjng was really explained. I have played with several people with ranks at 20-30 yesterday that were unaware that u could even nlow the minimap up on purpose.
Blow up the size of the minimap. Sorry posting from phone.

Ah, cool, cheers. I hadn't seen anything and had been googling a bit but no one seems to have bought any of the planes etc.

5% of your total cash with a cap on $2,000. Same with if you bank your money. You will also lose a higher percentage of your cash on hand if you are carrying cash. Dunno what that is though, I bank money as soon as I get the chance.

It's really damaging between the $30,000 - $80,000 level, because $2,000 is often the hihest reward you get for doing a job and you can lose it all in a matter of seconds.

Best way to minimize your death tax is to buy property... It actually gives you something tangible and you can sell it later (admittedly, for like half the value), but it still prevents you from needlessly losing cash for no reason in free roam.

damn... seems harsh.. particularly when you are starting out with a low level character AGAIN, like I, and many others are. Too many asshat high level players running around the game world.

Gawge

Is there any way to go into a lobby as a crew (even just 2 people) - without hosting?

I would like to play in some busy lobbies with a friend - but you can't seem to invite anybody to a lobby unless you are the host. And if you are the host - you can't invite anybody.
(most of the time, other than friends who actively want to join)

Dave1988

Yeah, the pesky ability to replay missions to quickly earn money sure gets in the way of microtransactions. No wonder they disabled the replay function.

I like the bounty system.

I also think a hitman system would be cool as well I pay a guy 10k to take you out (you don't know this) but I can also specify the way I want you taken out, sniper, shotgun to the head, ran over etc when the hitman completes the contract he gets paid.

DeVeAn

So I beat Violent Duct yet when done it won't allow me to replay? Is this on purpose?

nm just read its been disabled ugh.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I beat Violent Duct yet when done it won't allow me to replay? Is this on purpose?

nm just read its been disabled ugh.

Just the prompt is disabled, once you hit the voting screen press any of the voting buttons then hammer on R2/Right Trigger, it will restart the mission again.

Bruno

I've been farming Violent Duct solo because the matchmaking fails to find anyone. I don't know if this matchmaking even works. It seems to just invite my friends and friends of friends.

PS3 - sikfrk

Really, the best strategy is to buy anything. Weapons, attachments, cars, property, etc. Just keep as little cash on you and in your bank as possible. What sucks though is when you're trying to save up for those big purchases. There's nothing you can do then.

It's really just a jacked up system to begin with, though. I wish we could know what GTA Online would have been like without the monetization scheme Rockstar cooked up. It seems damaging to the experience.

Ardenyal

Level 48 and still only getting out of court settlement from Martin. Spent hours trying to get Mixed with coke yesterday and today.

It's really just a jacked up system to begin with, though. I wish we could know what GTA Online would have been like without the monetization scheme Rockstar cooked up. It seems damaging to the experience.
One more reason why I wish games still shipped with detailed manuals.
There are so many controls & game mechanics which are unexplained.

Wish I had know I was loosing so much money each time I died... I wouldn't have kept trying to step up to a level 25 character with only my fists (considering i was out ammo).

Mononoke

Banned
Considering that there is a Replay option in the Vote Screen, they did expect people repeating missions quickly. They just didn't have the foresight to understand that people would farm them as constantly as they did (which is why Replay is no longer selectable on that screen). And at the early levels you don't have to call them to get repeat missions. They often give you the same missions repeatedly on their own.

Er, but then why isn't the option shown on the screen? I thought originally, the REPLAY button on the screen was accessible - and Rockstar actually patched that out. So you couldn't hit the replay button on story missions (only things like races and team deathmatch missions).

The R2 prompt is "restart" not "replay". Replay was patched out. People discovered restart, by hitting a button that isn't a prompt on the screen. I bet you anything this gets patched out too. But it does beg the question WHY this was in the game in the first place.

Top Bottom