• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

breakfuss

A lot of us really need to message Rockstar and see if they can make a premium Neogaf crew that doesn't have a 300 member cap. Similar to crews like IGN and Destructoid.

This should really be followed through on. From the looks of it, GAF could easily break 600 members. Would make getting put in the same sessions a lot easier.

My only complaint so far is the color effect that happens when you're on a kill streak or losing streak in deathmatch. It doesn't really have a purpose and for some reason it hurts my eyes I end up dying because of it.

Qwell

Keep in mind those 300+ crews like IGN and Destructoid seem to be under something called a "Rockstar Crew" and if you notice they are completely open. So the question is would folks be ok with NeoGaf being one of those crews that is open to anyone and everyone? With no ability to limit who joins, kick people, or anything else, and not even a leader or ability to utilize the hierarchy within the crews that they are releasing soon?

My only complaint so far is the color effect that happens when you're on a kill streak or losing streak in deathmatch. It doesn't really have a purpose and for some reason it hurts my eyes I end up dying because of it.

I believe it is similar to Trevor's ability in single player. You can resist a little more damage and deal more damage.

Has anyone seen a crate drop yet? I'm level 35 and have to see one happen.

From merryweather or from the gang hideouts?

Alienous

Keep in mind those 300+ crews like IGN and Destructoid seem to be under something called a "Rockstar Crew" and if you notice they are completely open. So the question is would folks be ok with NeoGaf being one of those crews that is open to anyone and everyone? With no ability to limit who joins, kick people, or anything else, and not even a leader or ability to utilize the hierarchy within the crews that they are releasing soon?

I understand that concern, but I think it would be great in addition to our current crews. At least with a 'Rockstar Crew' every GAF member, and even some of the lurkers, could play with who they choose to associate with.

Tawpgun

I understand that concern, but I think it would be great in addition to our current crews. At least with a 'Rockstar Crew' every GAF member, and even some of the lurkers, could play with who they choose to associate with.

Eh, this is what I was afraid of.... I dunno. I trust GAF people in the crews we have now over some random people that join. If I saw a random neogaf crew member I wouldn't know if I could trust them or find them in this thread.

-Deimos

You put it in your garage and it just dissappeared? Did yoy insure it?

That scares me since I want to get tbe Aston Martin.

I probably wasn't being clear. I stole a high-end vehicle, which normally you cannot modify or track as your own at LS Customs, and tried to store it in my garage thinking that my mechanic would illegally remove the npc tracker. Instead, I got the same message you get at LS Customs: "This vehicle is too hot to store. It already has a tracker blah blah".

I thought that you couldn't steal cars using the mod shop, but you could if you had your own garage/mechanic. Either way, you have to buy high-end cars online to save the cars as your own which is kind of stupid. Why can't I pay the mechanic to remove the tracker and place my own?

Edit: Played violent duct last night on PS3. Was 9k.

My game has just frozen trying to start a mission on the "Prevent character loss" screen. The only clever joke I've seen so far in GTA V so I'm not even angry.

Arcteryx

I probably wasn't being clear. I stole a high-end vehicle, which normally you cannot modify or track as your own at LS Customs, and tried to store it in my garage thinking that my mechanic would illegally remove the npc tracker. Instead, I got the same message you get at LS Customs: "This vehicle is too hot to store. It already has a tracker blah blah".

I thought that you couldn't steal cars using the mod shop, but you could if you had your own garage/mechanic. Either way, you have to buy high-end cars online to save the cars as your own which is kind of stupid. Why can't I pay the mechanic to remove the tracker and place my own?

They want people to buy R$: if you could steal any of the nicest rides it would defeat that purpose.

jediyoshi

Leveling the flying stat takes forever!

I'm guessing it's the easiest to level though.

YVSXmCf.png

Driving and strength are the only ones I really care about finishing maxing out now

Alienous

Yep, this is literally the ONLY reason why. Pretty shitty.

I wouldn't say that.

Everyone would go to the financial district and take a car, and there would be no progression. No goal. Nothing to work for.

It was an issue with single-player, where you want people to spend money. Here, people start off with a decent car, and upgrade over time, eventually purchasing their own car.

The 'narrative' reason isn't ridiculous either. You couldn't just take an expensive stolen car, and no expect someone to be looking for it. Whilst it would be an annoyance in single-player, it brings balance to multiplayer.

So me and my buddies are all ready to create characters and start a crew but we're holding off cuz of the stability/lost character issues.

What's the word fellas/ladies? Is it safe to build a character now?

EDIT: providing you follow the rockstar advice to avoid deletion...

Alienous

So me and my buddies are all ready to create characters and start a crew but we're holding off cuz of the stability/lost character issues.

Personally I'm waiting for a final update on the loss of characters. As of now they are still investigating, or at least aren't telling us the results.

It should be a matter of hours, not days, now.

jediyoshi

It's worth playing now to get yourself acquainted. I've got about 40 hours online playtime on my character that was created on day 2 and there's at least a few more in neogang that have a >1 day playtime.

Top Bottom