• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Had a funny glitch doing the waterways car race. On the second lap the game went nuts and decided that the check point was a house way out , maybe 6-10 blocks from the waterway at a random garage.
So then you see 8 super cars launch out of the ditch and race to a spot to then park and become "1st place" by parking 2 ft down an alleyway of a house.

For maybe 5 mins we pilled in ontop of each other, smashing our cars up.
Then it got boring and everyone left.
Holding Y would beam you back to the ditch in last place.

Pretty funny but also annoying.

Also had some bloody awful mission with teams trying to steal land rovers? we were on bikes and I spent half the time either face in the dirt due to clipping terrain or being run over.
You cant aim for shit on a bike so I was trying to steer a fmx bike, avoid traffic, foliage while trying to shoot a guy in his nice safe car with seemingly awesome lock on aim.

Arcteryx

Is the only rating system in free roam? I can't find it after missions/races...so stupid if you can't leave feedback on assholes who ram you off the course.

Ploid 3.0

Man, reading through this thread is kinda... Gross now. It's turned from constant (rightful) connection bitching to post after post about farming or money. Y'all are doing a very good job of sounding like GTA progagonists these days. We need more stories about emergent chaos and less about "well I spent 4 hours farming this one fucking mission and now I have an apartment, yay" or "violent ducts pls".

We may not always see eye to eye sir, but I 100% agree with you on this.

Thank you.

Seems like nobody wants to really play the game or try it for what it is. Just some get rich quick bullshit.

----
Seems ducts got nerfed to 3k per run.

Hope you guys are happy now :(. Got home to do some Duct farming solo and didn't realize it was giving 3k each until I had already did about 3. Now I'm bored. Good thing I have a garage full of Land Rovers.

Now I afk until a day is up, moving the controller every 10 minutes so I don't get kicked. Going through my Rover inventory and look for more, while messing with Beyond on another system.

Arcteryx

Catch-up mode...serious Rockstar?
seinfeld_no_thankskzsoc.gif

Is catchup the vehicle drafting or another mechanic completely?

It's a mechanic that artificially slows whoever is in the lead allowing the opportunity for those who are behind to catch up. It's supposed to create more opportunity for close races but it really just punishes drivers who perform well early as well as provides a huge boost for those that don't drive as well.

Man, reading through this thread is kinda... Gross now. It's turned from constant (rightful) connection bitching to post after post about farming or money. Y'all are doing a very good job of sounding like GTA progagonists these days. We need more stories about emergent chaos and less about "well I spent 4 hours farming this one fucking mission and now I have an apartment, yay" or "violent ducts pls".

I think it says more about the game and rockstar than gaffers.
Pay 60 bucks for a sandbox game and it makes you grind for hours on end for cars and commodities like garages...
In a sandbox game...

Hey gotta sell those microtransactions...

I agree that it's gross though.

jediyoshi

It's a mechanic that artificially slows whoever is in the lead allowing the opportunity for those who are behind to catch up. It's supposed to create more opportunity for close races but it really just punishes drivers who perform well early as well as provides a huge boost for those that don't drive as well.

Weird, would've guessed it just sped up people behind. I think around a third to half of my wins (assuming catchup was on for most of them) had me in first by a fat margin.

My issue with racing is usually more the flow of drafting going into effect very suddenly rather than slowing ramping into it.

Riggs

Banned
Safe for me to play this now?

I lost a lvl 8, a lvl 14, and a lvl 15

So fucking tired of doing the tutorial again. I don't play when cloud is down, although I barely ever even see that fucking message on PS3 in game to be honest. I never create a new guy on same slot, this last time I lost my toon I didn't even re create at all. It's been 3 days I think. I am afraid to even try again, I got 100K at least .... but I am lvl 1 and I don't want to keep doing that damn tutorial!!!

/Rant off

So is it safe to start a new guy, or I should I wait a few weeks?

Ominym

Banned
Anyone else experienced an NPC guy spawning in their apartment? I've had it happen twice now, with two different guys. Same location.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

parachuting is so fun, i wanna keep playing it B^) but everyone picks race/deathmatch after its done :/

haha now the hosts aren't starting games :/ jeez what the hell

Weird, would've guessed it just sped up people behind. I think around a third to half of my wins (assuming catchup was on for most of them) had me in first by a fat margin.

My issue with racing is usually more the flow of drafting going into effect very suddenly rather than slowing ramping into it.

I'm pretty sure it slows down who is in First as that's much more reliable and doesn't involve the same physics issues you'd run into with someone in the back of the pack reaching higher speeds than those in first. The game can just release the restriction on the first place car, allowing it to speed up rather than trying to slow down a car that has moved from the middle of the pack into first.

do all apartments with garages automatically put the tracker on your cars?

Yes. It doesn't add insurance though so be sure to grab that at an LS Customs before you start taking your fleet out for a spin.

Anyone else experienced an NPC guy spawning in their apartment? I've had it happen twice now, with two different guys. Same location.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I am dying with laughter here over those pics.

I hear you can get strippers and all sorts in your apartment - can you get rid of them
At all or once they are in are you stuck with them?

Grinchy

Banned
I have a really hard time hosting or finding a room with people who actually play these modes. What is up with that?

Dresden

Perks of driving a giant truck is that I can plow into anything without a dent, and when nerds try to drive-by me, most of their bullets just ping off the sides and back.

Dresden

What kinda truck? If you can mod it, I'd buy, insure, and bullet proof the tires.

I forget the name, but it was the biggest off-road truck I could find in the hillbilly regions. I bought a cowboy hat to go with it and Rebel Radio is the only thing I play as I drive.

RLkIuye.jpg

And yeah, the lack of bulletproof tires sucks hard right now. Almost everyone tries to just shoot you through the window, at least.

I forget the name, but it was the biggest off-road truck I could find in the hillbilly regions. I bought a cowboy hat to go with it and Rebel Radio is the only thing I play as I drive.

RLkIuye.jpg

And yeah, the lack of bulletproof tires sucks hard right now. Almost everyone tries to just shoot you through the window, at least.
ha, thanks. The first thing I do if I spot on enemy's ride that I can enter I shoot out its tires.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

RLkIuye.jpg

Sandking XL iirc, its a great car, I used it in single player. When I get a bigger garage I am definitely getting one.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think it says more about the game and rockstar than gaffers.
Pay 60 bucks for a sandbox game and it makes you grind for hours on end for cars and commodities like garages...
In a sandbox game...

Hey gotta sell those microtransactions...

I agree that it's gross though.

I agree that the game is definitely geared towards selling microtransactions, but you certainly don't have to grind/farm. I've made plenty of cash doing all sorts of stuff. Saying that, I don't think there is anything wrong about people wanting to grind. I can't think of an MP game that involves money or levelling where there hasn't been players grinding.

v1lla21

Finally got to play online yesterday. It's pretty awesome ^_^
There was a bounty on a guy and everyone ganged up on him. He got to an ammu-nation and all the players were waiting outside. He then called the chopper from Merryweather :'(

Riggs

Banned
Safe for me to play this now?

I lost a lvl 8, a lvl 14, and a lvl 15

So fucking tired of doing the tutorial again. I don't play when cloud is down, although I barely ever even see that fucking message on PS3 in game to be honest. I never create a new guy on same slot, this last time I lost my toon I didn't even re create at all. It's been 3 days I think. I am afraid to even try again, I got 100K at least .... but I am lvl 1 and I don't want to keep doing that damn tutorial!!!

/Rant off

So is it safe to start a new guy, or I should I wait a few weeks?

Anyone!!?

Top Bottom