• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Timmy00

What was it called? Did you play it alone?

It was called Base Invaders. Given by ron, it's rank 27. I'll put the details of it in the spoilers just incase.

You have to go to Fort Zancudo and steal a cargobob. You also have to blow up jets on the ground and deal with some military people that hurt a lot lol. Did it with two of my friends and we got the same payment.

BraXzy

It was called Base Invaders. Given by ron, it's rank 27. I'll put the details of it in the spoilers just incase.

You have to go to Fort Zancudo and steal a cargobob. You also have to blow up jets on the ground and deal with some military people that hurt a lot lol. Did it with two of my friends and we got the same payment.

Oh? That's not the one I'm doing, this one takes 30 seconds, 10 if someone has a nade launcher :L

Ploid 3.0

Wait a...hiest room?

Blue map on the wall.

0_0.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
Are the two available slots to create characters different? I didn't have the option for John Marston with slot 1. With slot 2, he's the default and only option for "dad". I don't want to create anything over slot one "just in case".

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Went to the barbers turn the camera and saw this idiot outside the window waiting for me to come out. lol

http://abload.de/img/wp_20131009_001i1b4h.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

If I see someone in a shop I like to shoot all their tyres then watch as they try and drive off. It's way funnier than just killing them.

Con_Smith

Banned
How long does it take to finish? How much ammo do you go through?

Honestly not too long with a good four man team. In an hour I made over 100,000 and leveled my deleted character twice (18-20)

Think about the time, though. Which survival mission gives you the most bank?

The one in the town. The other two lack decent cover and cheese spots. The town you have easy access to high ground as well as great hiding spots like the back of the tatto parlor and the gated area across the street. Compared to grinding a bunch of missions and sitting in loading screens reaching a decent wave (I believe 7 ) gets you a decent payout and no restar "restrictions".

Ominym

Banned
I am dying with laughter here over those pics.

I hear you can get strippers and all sorts in your apartment - can you get rid of them
At all or once they are in are you stuck with them?
They are there sometimes and others they aren't. I suppose it's nice to have company haha.

There's nothing like owning a sniper rifle in this god damn game.

I get out of a mod shop with a car for simeon and somebody is waiting for me out there and kills me. I just want to give a warning to anybody who might kill me: I am a spiteful fuck. I will highlight you. I will follow you around all stealth like. The second I see an opening in your behavior I will snipe you. If you think driving away to the northern area will stop me think again. I will follow you to the ends of the earth. To fucking murder you when I did nothing to you.

This was one of the two of today. The first one I raced and when we were in free roam he killed me and shot up my car. Imagine his surprise when 20 minutes later he got sniped. And sniped again. And again.

I. HATE. FUCKING. GRIEFERS.

IMACOMPUTA

Gaf help!

The game continually hammers into your brain that any money over 5k on your guy can be "stolen from other players."
I'm assuming this means if you're killed you will drop it.

Well, I played VD for an hour with some guys that were killing me and a friend in free roam before and decided to kill them as soon as we spawned back into free roam.
I killed them immediately and all they dropped was the normal $100.
Wtf? I know they had atleast 100k.
I even asked the guy if he got it deposited in time and he said no, but he didnt lose it.

Am I missing something?

I run the PS3 crew and yes it took a few days for the emblem to show up. I changed it on Monday I think and noticed today that it's now the one I changed it to. (I think) It's really buggy right now so just wait it out it should show.

Yup. It's pretty buggy atm. Took about 3 days for my crews emblem to show up on the site and in game. Made a new one about 3 days ago and it still hasn't shown up in either place just yet.

ok cool, thanks guys

Dude....I just bought the Bay Area 6 car garage apartment

That shit better have a Heist room.

It doesn't, and it doesn't have windows either. There's only 3 drastically different apartment models, 2 car, 6 car, and 10 car. Only the 10 car ones have see through windows and a heist room. Thanks Rockstar.

BraXzy

Gaf help!

The game continually hammers into your brain that any money over 5k on your guy can be "stolen from other players."
I'm assuming this means if you're killed you will drop it.

Well, I played VD for an hour with some guys that were killing me and a friend in free roam before and decided to kill them as soon as we spawned back into free roam.
I killed them immediately and all they dropped was the normal $100.
Wtf? I know they had atleast 100k.
I even asked the guy if he got it deposited in time and he said no, but he didnt lose it.

Am I missing something?

I thought this too but nothing higher than $100 ever drops. Idk!

Btw for anyonr wondering what mission I'm doing its the same as this:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4TEb324MQ#

Takes a bit longer with grenades but not by much :L

Army Base is pissing me off. I keep getting headshot and instakilled.

I can usually get the fighter just fine but nothing but headshots today...

Gorillaz

It doesn't, and it doesn't have windows either. There's only 3 drastically different apartment models, 2 car, 6 car, and 10 car. Only the 10 car ones have see through windows and a heist room. Thanks Rockstar.

What the fuck. Did they even say anything about this before? I could have waited.......

What the fuck. Did they even say anything about this before? I could have waited.......

Nope, I mean I assumed a 137k apartment on the side of the building would have windows you could see through, and I assumed heists wouldn't be tied to your apartment. But they know what you say about opaque developer communication and assuming.... or something

Is anyone able to join jobs on PS3? I haven't been able to since since early yesterday. Join Jobs is greyed out.

If I'm in single player, I can select join jobs and get into a jib, but after that one job is over I get stuck on the loading screen.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm level 23 and there are just no decent jobs that pay enough.

Sounds like it's all balanced in such a way that you get all the good stuff when you get closer to level 100 and paying for cash is no different than paying to unlock cars and stuff in other games.

Ding-Ding

Interesting bug on Violent Duct tonight after grinding it (at least I hope it was a bug).

Did it the normal way but enemies kept respawning. Even 3 vans turned up at the end. Got about 35 kills on that bitch

Gorillaz

Nope, I mean I assumed a 137k apartment on the side of the building would have windows you could see through, and I assumed heists wouldn't be tied to your apartment. But they know what you say about opaque developer communication and assuming.... or something

Salty as fuck right now. The lack of communication from patch work to in game mechanics is getting old as hell

Kajiba

Went to the barbers turn the camera and saw this idiot outside the window waiting for me to come out. lol

wp_20131009_001i1b4h.jpg

Lol. Funny story I have. Guy I was chasing had a bounty on him and he decided to run into the store to go buy something so I couldn't kill him at the moment. I put sticky bomb on the other side of his car at the drivers seat so he couldn't see it when he came out. I drove around the corner and watch him from a distance. The guy ran to his car as fast as he could to get in but he realized the bomb on the door when he got next to it lol. But it was to late. Easiest $5,000 I ever got.

Is it possible to use stealth and melee weapons to take out bad guys in the missions?
I havent had any luck with it so far. Targets always seem to be in groups and looking in my direction.

Ploid 3.0

Is it possible to use stealth and melee weapons to take out bad guys in the missions?
I havent had any luck with it so far. Targets always seem to be in groups and looking in my direction.

Stealth weapons work. The guy has to be quite a distance from any other enemy though. You also have to use it out of his/her cone of vision because they react to you pointing a gun at them.

Revven

It also seems that Death Metal got nerfed, too. Down to 2k from 3k, not a huge nerf but it's a really short mission because driving to Gerald's at most takes a minute and the enemies are really easy to kill. Just thought I would note it!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm starting to get pretty aggravated with leaving a random race or whatever only to be dumped in the middle of a free roam gank fest. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get taxed 2k each time I get killed in free roam, which happens almost instantaneously.

When I quit a race or mission PUT ME IN MY FUCKING APARTMENT.

Please and thank you!

Had a rough night tonight...a lot of violent lobbies...collected a couple of bounties though.

I bought an apartment early this morning, I'm not very satisfied with the location though. I suppose it will do for now though.

I'd like to know where people get the helicopters with missiles from.

Tawpgun

wtf.

Started a parachute mission with another gaffer, and I spawned already on the ground and now we can't leave

Have to dashboard out

Gaz_RB

Bad Sport only lobbies are like GTAO: Post Apocalypse. Everyone is just murdering everyone. Camping outside apartments, garages, everything. And everyone is like 50+ so they have crazy weapons. Just ran into a lvl 150 going HAM with an RPG. Way worse than normal free mode, and I thought that was bad...

It's scary out here, guys

Top Bottom