• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Way more fun than the campaign so far. No organized event can be more satisfying than waiting for a guy to round a corner looking for me with his machine gun and then knifing him.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anyone!!?

Safe? I guess so Riggs.

I haven't had any characters deleted. I'll tell you a few things I do everytime I play. I do this stuff just to be on the safe side. Try it:

a. When I go online I go in through the start menu.
b. When I want to quit online I go into the start menu and choose 'leave GTA online.'
c. Everytime I get money I bank it.
d. I've never recreated a character in the same slot.

Try those things and hope for the best.

I agree that the game is definitely geared towards selling microtransactions, but you certainly don't have to grind/farm. I've made plenty of cash doing all sorts of stuff. Saying that, I don't think there is anything wrong about people wanting to grind. I can't think of an MP game that involves money or levelling where there hasn't been players grinding.

excuse me while I go grind for the silencer on my m4a1 in cs, only 5 more levels till I unlock the desert eagle.

Betty

Banned
Anyone!!?

I'd wait, my character was missing last night when the servers where down, so I waited it out, tried a few hours later and he was back.

Don't play solo mode offline and don't choose the 'restart' option if the cloud servers aren't online for you in the meantime either.

Riggs

Banned
Safe? I guess so Riggs.

I haven't had any characters deleted. I'll tell you a few things I do everytime I play. I do this stuff just to be on the safe side. Try it:

a. When I go online I go in through the start menu.
b. When I want to quit online I go into the start menu and choose 'leave GTA online.'
c. Everytime I get money I bank it.
d. I've never recreated a character in the same slot.

Try those things and hope for the best.

Thanks bro I will, fingers crossed!

This game is seriously legit though, so much fun.

GQman2121

Banned
Man, fuck you guys with your fancy cars, in your fancy houses, with your fancy torso's in your in couches.

This is what I'm dealing with......

abKvUIe.png

eival

welp, Beyond came in the mail so maybe by the time i finish that, GTAO will have that "permanent fix" the new loading screen message talked about and everything is working seemlessly and they finally fix the RP payouts so 20 minute missions actually equate to a proper amount vs a 50 second single lap race

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
i made a crew with my buds but how come i cant see the emblem on the social club?? does it take a while for it to show up??

I run the PS3 crew and yes it took a few days for the emblem to show up. I changed it on Monday I think and noticed today that it's now the one I changed it to. (I think) It's really buggy right now so just wait it out it should show.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Trying to decide what apartment I want to save up for, I've got 290k at the moment, and if I hadn't missed out on all the Viaduct fun I imagine I would have a lot more by now.

It is 3k instead of 9k putting it generally inline with a lot of other stuff.

i made a crew with my buds but how come i cant see the emblem on the social club?? does it take a while for it to show up??

Yup. It's pretty buggy atm. Took about 3 days for my crews emblem to show up on the site and in game. Made a new one about 3 days ago and it still hasn't shown up in either place just yet.

"You now have a 5% discount in shops for receiving good behavior reports from 90% of your peers."

Well that's certainly new. How the hell do you give a good behavior report anyway? Liking after a mission??

Trying to decide what apartment I want to save up for, I've got 290k at the moment, and if I hadn't missed out on all the Viaduct fun I imagine I would have a lot more by now.

It still gives a good amount of rp for how quick it is. I'm at level 45 and the need hasn't affected me yet. Gonna farm this until I can't feel my fingers.

Ploid 3.0

The money is 3k instead of 9k now.

I have just been waiting on car trade is open while I Beyond Two Souls it up. No Hay Bronca just popped up so I guess I'll spam that for guaranteed good money. Takes quite a long time and a lot of bullets but what am I going to do? I play solo because I don't wan't to lose money. Rockstar conditioning. This is my SP mode.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I have been playing for 10 hours with my cosplay/cosplay photography crew that I normally hang out with during conventions. Doing mutiplayer maps are fun, but damn does it get annoying to deal with all the people running around and killing everything that moves.

Sometimes you don't want to go killing or getting killed because you want to.... I don't know, save money to buy an apartment or upgrade your weapons??? Geez.

Batigol

Banned
Have to say the racing in this game is pretty shit. All anyone cares about is knocking your car off the road then actually racing.

Gonna go back to griefing people in free roam

jediyoshi

Have to say the racing in this game is pretty shit. All anyone cares about is knocking your car off the road then actually racing.

Gonna go back to griefing people in free roam

I'm only about 25 races in, but it's still pretty up in the air as far as how well a race goes. I've only really noticed a trend of people so far behind figuring they're out and goofing around outside of the podium places.

daftstar

Is there a way to get rid of the Light Armor vest after equipping it? I try to change clothes but they just alter underneath the vest...

Palocca

Is there a way to get rid of the Light Armor vest after equipping it? I try to change clothes but they just alter underneath the vest...

Hold the Select button until the quick menu pops up. Go to inventory and then you'll be able to scroll through to remove the armor vests.

Con_Smith

Banned
Looks like they nerf'd Violent Duct money wise. T'was pocket change anyway compared to the fat stacks bursting out of survival. 14 to 20g a session gettin paid brotha.

XAL

Is the Sheriff SUV still bugged for insurance and custom?

If so, does anyone want to help me/each other get one?

BraXzy

So yeah.. I'm printing money now I'm on a Rooftop rumble lobby. Does anyone know how to kick players during a mission? I could invite 360GAF then

Ploid 3.0

Aw, how lame. :/

Wow No Hay Bronca is nerfed too maan. 5k instead of 9k. Screw this! Where are the 50k missions?

I may as well chain rob stores. It would be funny if they are 400 bucks now.

Or wait on the cards to be ready and buy 100k for $whatever each!

Palocca

Wow No Hay Bronca is nerfed too maan. 5k instead of 9k. Screw this! Where are the 50k missions?

I may as well chain rob stores. It would be funny if they are 400 bucks now.

Or wait on the cards to be ready and buy 100k for $whatever each!

what.... No Hay Bronca takes a ton of effort and time... Why would they nerf that?!

KaYotiX

Banned

I did it today and got 9k still

Gaz_RB

eh I don't hate a big problem with it. Your main objective in free roam shouldn't be to go blow up other peoples cars, there's plenty of death match options out there. If you want to blow up peoples cars, fine, they'll match you with people with the same mindset.

Lol what if i dont want to play with people that kill me? There's no way to play with people of that mindset, but I can play with people who like to blow up cars, awesome.

The problem is that my sole purpose in free roam isn't to blow up cars. It just happens at higher levels when there are lots of things going on. How is blowing up someone's car worse than killing someone a lower level than you over and over and over again?

What is the point of having insurance if I get bad sport for blowing up your car? I don't mind paying a couple thousand dollars as payment. That's fine. Don't lock me out of key game features like playing with my friends.

Fuck at the Violent Duct nerf. I got stuck with an apartment that doesn't have actual windows or apparently a heist room. Also now need to grind to even unlock basic weapon mods. God dammit.

Top Bottom