• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

NeoGiff

Bad Sport only lobbies are like GTAO: Post Apocalypse. Everyone is just murdering everyone. Camping outside apartments, garages, everything. And everyone is like 50+ so they have crazy weapons. Just ran into a lvl 150 going HAM with an RPG. Way worse than normal free mode, and I thought that was bad...

It's scary out here, guys

That's ground I hope to never tread on, hard luck! Really though, it's unavoidable if you're playing the game the way it's bloody designed to be played, i.e. attacking other players and protecting yourself. God forbid if that results i the destruction of a vehicle. I can't believe R* implemented this bullshit system.

On that note, how do you actually "redeem" yourself if you've been labelled a bad sport? You're not stuck down there for good, are you?

Cerilli

Neo Member
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

We need a cheapo car website: I want an Obey Tailgater so bad.
Hm, I don't remember what the website is, but if you search for "cars" you'll find a website that just sells the standard vehicles and motorcycles and stuff.

Have you checked that one for the car you want?

Bad Sport only lobbies are like GTAO: Post Apocalypse. Everyone is just murdering everyone. Camping outside apartments, garages, everything. And everyone is like 50+ so they have crazy weapons. Just ran into a lvl 150 going HAM with an RPG. Way worse than normal free mode, and I thought that was bad...

lol, mad max online. If you blow up cars here, do you stay punished longer?

Derrick01

Banned
I'm level 23 and there are just no decent jobs that pay enough.

Same especially after the nerf that seemed to affect all jobs. I'm doing crazy hard jobs with a friend and we only get 5k max now. Fucking rockstar making everyone suffer because of one exploit. God forbid people don't grind 10,000 hours to get enough money to buy a suppressor and a shitty house in the ghetto with a 2 car garage. I fucking despise F2P systems and everyone who made them popular.

Gaz_RB

That's ground I hope to never tread on, hard luck! Really though, it's unavoidable if you're playing the game the way it's bloody designed to be played, i.e. attacking other players and protecting yourself. God forbid if that results i the destruction of a vehicle. I can't believe R* implemented this bullshit system.

On that note, how do you actually "redeem" yourself if you've been labelled a bad sport? You're not stuck down there for good, are you?

Nah, luckily.

The way it works is that once you blow up one car too many (it doesn't give you a warning beforehand like "hey you have one more car before you're labeled a bad sport" or even "hey you're close to being a bad sport!") you are rewarded with a dunce hat and a approximately 2 day ban from playing with anyone who is a good sport. Once in a while it'll tell you how long you have left. I think I have like 3 hours left.

Also, it transfers to new characters too. Made a new one and she walked out of the airport with a dunce hat on lmao

parasight

This Martin mission "Out of Court Settlement" is like the new Violent Ducts. $9000 and super easy and super fast. Easier than Violent Ducts actually.

Spat_triate

How much griefing do you have to do to be labeled a "bad sport". I'd rather they stick the assholes in a ghetto of like minded assholes than have them ruin other people's fun.

Derrick01

Banned
This Martin mission "Out of Court Settlement" is like the new Violent Ducts. $9000 and super easy and super fast. Easier than Violent Ducts actually.

Shit I just had that mission pop up before I quit a few minutes ago too. Better get on it before Rockstar makes it pay $2,000.

Here's what I don't f**king understand:

Some guy was chasing me in his personal vehicle. I slammed on the brakes, causing that motherf***er to rear end me, sending his vehicle rolling. I promptly hopped out of my car, pulled out my Micro-SMG, sprayed his undercarriage with a clip as his car flipped. Suddenly, his car explodes and the dude dies. Next thing I know, I get a ping in the top corner of my display that said something like: "Don't be a bad sport. Destroying others' personal vehicles will tarnish your rep." Something like that.

I mean, what the hell? Dude was harassing me, chasing me, shooting at me. All I did was defend myself. Isn't that how you're supposed to play the game? I mean, honestly. I hope they patch that out promptly.

Imm0rt4l

A guy tried to run me down at the airport as I was about to enter a plane. He succeeded, but didn't kill me, drove over me 2 more times and still no dice. He finally backed up getting ready to ram me and I used my last sticky bomb on him. Felt good.

Gaz_RB

lol, mad max online. If you blow up cars here, do you stay punished longer?

Yeah it really is haha.

Yeah you do. Like the guy blowing up all those cars with RPGs is like the guy in jail who knows he's never going to leave so he just kills people for the hell of it and adds on more time. It's like a whole new game

A guy tried to run me down at the airport as I was about to enter a plane. He succeeded, but didn't kill me, drove over me 2 more times and still no dice. He finally backed up getting ready to ram me and I used my last sticky bomb on him. Felt good.

Oh, you're such a bad sport!

Here's what I don't f**king understand:

Some guy was chasing me in his personal vehicle. I slammed on the brakes, causing that motherf***er to rear end me, sending his vehicle rolling. I promptly hopped out of my car, pulled out my Micro-SMG, sprayed his undercarriage with a clip as his car flipped. Suddenly, his car explodes and the dude dies. Next thing I know, I get a ping in the top corner of my display that said something like: "Don't be a bad sport. Destroying others' personal vehicles will tarnish your rep." Something like that.

I mean, what the hell? Dude was harassing me, chasing me, shooting at me. All I did was defend myself. Isn't that how you're supposed to play the game? I mean, honestly. I hope they patch that out promptly.

Welcome to my life. I'm currently on a two day ban from playing with my friends because of blowing up cars.

Be careful, it's not fun being a bad sport.

How much griefing do you have to do to be labeled a "bad sport". I'd rather they stick the assholes in a ghetto of like minded assholes than have them ruin other people's fun.

There's a difference between griefing and having enemy cars blow up. A difference that the system doesn't understand.

I'd say about 15 cars over the course of my 40+ hours of play were blown up to get bad sport status for me, to answer your question.

Yeah it really is haha.

Yeah you do. Like the guy blowing up all those cars with RPGs is like the guy in jail who knows he's never going to leave so he just kills people for the hell of it and adds on more time. It's like a whole new game
Wow. Level 150, though. What the hell.

You should of behaved....you are in hamsterdam now. Lol.

Yeah it really is haha.

Oh, you're such a bad sport!

Welcome to my life. I'm currently on a two day ban from playing with my friends because of blowing up cars.

Be careful, it's not fun being a bad sport.

I'd probably become an agoraphobic shut in...well even more so.

jediyoshi

Weird I get rewarded when I kill people who are attacking me. Maybe the game just doesn't like you.

JerC

If you get into someone else's car you can drive it into the water and bail beforehand. Doesn't result in any bad sport crap. Someone did it to me. You can also bail on your own car with a passenger and they have to pay for it.

Spat_triate

There's a difference between griefing and having enemy cars blow up. A difference that the system doesn't understand.

I'd say about 15 cars over the course of my 40+ hours of play were blown up to get bad sport status for me, to answer your question.

I get where you're coming from. They should have more sophisticated ways of detecting griefing. Their implementation may be lacking some finesse, but considering that some may end up paying real money for property, I'm glad they're looking for ways to disrupt bad practices.

Gaz_RB

I get where you're coming from. They should have more sophisticated ways of detecting griefing. Their implementation may be lacking some finesse, but considering that some may end up paying real money for property, I'm glad they're looking for ways to disrupt bad practices.

I would be 100% fine with paying the insurance costs completely when you blow up someone's car. I think it should be the same way when you kill someone. Those are better ways to disrupt those activities. Maybe make the money you pay higher depending on the difference between levels.

I'm even be fine with the idea of separating bad sports and good sports. Some people like to play free roam like deathmatch(not me), and they should be separated from those that don't. But they shouldn't have unchangeable dunce hats and the ability to play in private sessions with their friends taken from them.

Ploid 3.0

Shit I just had that mission pop up before I quit a few minutes ago too. Better get on it before Rockstar makes it pay $2,000.

Yep yep, going to burn it into the ground now thanks to these moves by Rockstar. I may never get that chance again. I may as well get a actual MMO if I'm going to have to grind slowly.

I've been really trying to find anyone who wants to play on xbox. Gaf-bay is kinda inactiveish, and nobody is wanting to do any missions. Anyone wanna friend frequest me? GT; Victor 5avage

Plasmid

I've been really trying to find anyone who wants to play on xbox. Gaf-bay is kinda inactiveish, and nobody is wanting to do any missions. Anyone wanna friend frequest me? GT; Victor 5avage

I feel like most of 360gaf can't even get through the cloud servers.

Any updates from R*?

jsnepo

Saw someone with the fighter jet. He was just cruising above Los Santos for other players to see. I don't even have the jet for single player. =(

I suggest not idling out in your garage. I lost my pimped out Sabre Turbo and Futo earlier tonight after idling out and getting kicked to single player.

Anyone have any suggestions for a headset? I have Pulse Elites and they work just fine. However I dislike them for extended play as my head gets too warm. Lol

I was hoping to get a cheap one with just a mic and one speaker for chat. Have the sound coming from the sound system. (So noise reduction would be nice)

Just had the weirdest glitch.

We started a race and there were no checkpoints or anything so everyone just messes around until we realize that we can get out and are basically in free roam with no cops. We spent like an hour in Fort Zancudo with no one attacking us.

It was great. Has it happened to anyone else?

Top Bottom