• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I just got a notice that I receive 5 percent off shop purchases for good behavior by 90% of people I've encountered. I hippie it eventually scales.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anyone have any suggestions for a headset? I have Pulse Elites and they work just fine. However I dislike them for extended play as my head gets too warm. Lol

I was hoping to get a cheap one with just a mic and one speaker for chat. Have the sound coming from the sound system. (So noise reduction would be nice)

Not the nicest looking thing but it was cheap and works well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NYK7YC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Qwell

Anyone on PS3 wanna do parking garage? joined a random and they all left, should be able to restart it if someone can join me before i turn in the docs. 5k xp

Grinchy

Banned
I'm starting to get pretty aggravated with leaving a random race or whatever only to be dumped in the middle of a free roam gank fest. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get taxed 2k each time I get killed in free roam, which happens almost instantaneously.

When I quit a race or mission PUT ME IN MY FUCKING APARTMENT.

Please and thank you!

Yeah I got hit with this shit last night. I did a mission that was glitched. The map wasn't coming up and I coudln't get out of my car so I had to let police kill me. I finished the mission in the next life and got $1000. It dumped me back into freeroam right next to a guy who killed me immediately. Then I spawned right by him and he killed me again.

This happened 5 times in a row, so after spending a bunch of time in a glitched mission and then loading back into free roam, I was just down $9,000. Not cool.

I just got a notice that I receive 5 percent off shop purchases for good behavior by 90% of people I've encountered. I hippie it eventually scales.

I'm never going to get this. Earlier I spotted a gaffer trying to deliver a high priority vehicle to Simeon and noticed someone was going after him. I ran interference and he got the car delivered...then we griefed his would be killer for a while.

Then we hit the fort and got some fighter jets

Yeah I got hit with this shit last night. I did a mission that was glitched. The map wasn't coming up and I coudln't get out of my car so I had to let police kill me. I finished the mission in the next life and got $1000. It dumped me back into freeroam right next to a guy who killed me immediately. Then I spawned right by him and he killed me again.

This happened 5 times in a row, so after spending a bunch of time in a glitched mission and then loading back into free roam, I was just down $9,000. Not cool.
I switch out to sp like a puss...though some people warrant retaliation, they deserve to pay the $2,000 punishment.

3 people spawned outside of golf course... Guy mows the other me and other guy down, he foolishly thought passive mode would save him.

Acorn

I switch out to sp like a puss...though some people warrant retaliation, they deserve to pay the $2,000 punishment.

3 people spawned outside of golf course... Guy mows the other me and other guy down, he foolishly thought passive mode would save him.
A level 7 dude ran me over twice when I spawned. I spent the next hour killing him repeatedly (I was level 30 at the time). He tried to leave but I just followed him to his next session.

I want to be left alone in free roam but if you try to grief me, I will dedicate the next hour to destroying any semblance of fun you were having.

Tawpgun

What the fuck. Was in a race. First place.

I get hit from behind, but im still good. But my car just DIES. I no longer have acceleration.

And I finish 8th. Wtf.

A level 7 dude ran me over twice when I spawned. I spent the next hour killing him repeatedly (I was level 30 at the time). He tried to leave but I just followed him to his next session.

I want to be left alone in free roam but if you try to grief me, I will dedicate the next hour to destroying any semblance of fun you were having.
Yeah I like to be left alone too. I rarely start hostilities, but you know how it gets when you see that white dot barreling towards you. I'd actually like to help people, especially when I cruise in a chopper, but at the same time I'm afraid ill get murdered and the chopper stolen.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Gaf-bay is kinda inactiveish, and nobody is wanting to do any missions.

I'm a member of three Gaf crews (One is AusGAF) and in the last 7 days I have played with one Gaf member. Invites are declined, I receive fuck all and each time I try to join crews there is like one Gaf member in there. I am yet to do one mission. Everything has been races and LMS.

I really hope R* approves the NeoGang, might improve my.chances.

Imm0rt4l

Playing this mission death from above and man it's kicking my ass. I thought I could go it alone on some assassin shit, but nope. Called in the merryweather chopper and it floated like a mile off away from me not helping me and left when it ran out of fuel. invited a guy from my lobby and we seemingly had the shit together, I was in some backyard of a mansion adjacent of the target and started sniping the guards on the roof and in the court yard and then got into my partners escape vehicle to which he turned into a subway/trolley tunnel. Went back to my sniping spot and did some more damage and entered the back yard, killed the target and snapped a photo only to be killed by the police as I was escaping. smh.

I'm not sure how to attack that mission.

edit: I'm just now noticing that their is a way point on top of the mansion, guess I have to parachute in?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I think it says more about the game and rockstar than gaffers.
Pay 60 bucks for a sandbox game and it makes you grind for hours on end for cars and commodities like garages...
In a sandbox game...

Hey gotta sell those microtransactions...

I agree that it's gross though.

Rockstar can do whatever the hell they want with the game. This situation really says more about the players.

Take this guy for instance (if he is being serious):

Hope you guys are happy now :(. Got home to do some Duct farming solo and didn't realize it was giving 3k each until I had already did about 3. Now I'm bored. Good thing I have a garage full of Land Rovers.

Now I afk until a day is up, moving the controller every 10 minutes so I don't get kicked. Going through my Rover inventory and look for more, while messing with Beyond on another system.

The people still messing about and having fun with this game for what it is (i.e. GTA Online, rather than GTAV Online, or GTA Sandbox Online) are perfectly happy, thank you. Everyone in it for instant gratification or getting bored of grinding (do you hear yourself when you say this?)... well, I don't know what to tell you.

Also re: people complaining about not being able to store "hot" cars. Of course you can't steal and claim high end cars off the street. Can you imagine how boring this would be if everyone from rank 1~100 was just zooming around in super cars the whole time? It would get old pretty fast. There are pretty nice muscle cars and sedans cruising around if you need them, which can be modded into beastly machines while you save up for that luxury sports car on the web.

This system and the entire game in general is meant to be a slow burn, ideally enjoyed while comparing with friends and approached in a communal, yet competetive way.

Haines

Banned
Going to attempt my second day of this. Hoping it goes as smooth as my first yesterday. Still dont have it all figured out but I think If i try and do missions I should level up and get money.

Fuck man, playing this game without friends is almost pointless. No one wants to do jobs or anything they'd rather just run around and shoot one another repeatedly. Ugh.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just had some guy waste a life in a mission because he felt he needed to drive across the map to the objective on a motorcycle. Another one ran straight into the soldiers at the army base.

Gaz_RB

I am not anticipating freemode in 2 weeks when everyone and their mother has personal miniguns.

That's how it is in Bad Sport lobbies right now.

It's as bad as you think it is.

Tanks rolling through the streets, buzzards in the sky. It's crazy. I'm beginning to think Bad Sport lobbies are where high level players go to have fun.

I dread RPGs, and grenade launchers, sticky bombs.

Sticky bombs are fine because of the creative situations you can put yourself in, but besides maybe a map wide pickup rpgs, grenade launchers and minguns shouldn't be in freemode. Me and my friend were shooting at a group of guys from a helicopter, one of them just 180s and shreds us and blows up the heli in less than 2 seconds with a minigun.

GQman2121

Banned
Fuck man, playing this game without friends is almost pointless. No one wants to do jobs or anything they'd rather just run around and shoot one another repeatedly. Ugh.

What did you honestly expect? The game is heavily leaning towards the CoD formula for ranking up. Most people just want to watch the world burn.

Sticky bombs are fine because of the creative situations you can put yourself in, but besides maybe a map wide pickup rpgs, grenade launchers and minguns shouldn't be in freemode. Me and my friend were shooting at a group of guys from a helicopter, one of them just 180s and shreds us and blows up the heli in less than 2 seconds with a minigun.
I was under the impression miniguns are airdrops only. Is that not true? Can you buy them?

Kajiba

That's how it is in Bad Sport lobbies right now.

It's as bad as you think it is.

Tanks rolling through the streets, buzzards in the sky. It's crazy. I'm beginning to think Bad Sport lobbies are where high level players go to have fun.

Lmao sounds like it. Someone thats not a high number player it has to be awful.

I was under the impression miniguns are airdrops only. Is that not true? Can you buy them?
It says on the site that you unlock the grenade launcher at level 49, the RPG at 65 and the Minigun at 69. Now this could just be an unlock for the drops, but I'm not high enough level to confirm that.

Had some great games with Quint (im dvader654) and a few other neogaf guys. Good races and that dock meth mission was awesome. Online is great when you are with a good group.

BTW Quint I beat a few of your single player gun range scores.

What did you honestly expect? The game is heavily leaning towards the CoD formula for ranking up. Most people just want to watch the world burn.

I mean I expected it to a large extent, but I thought I would run into a few cats who actually want to do missions and shit.

I guess I'll stick to single player and call it a day when I beat it.

Gaz_RB

I'm cool with tanks. Miniguns are terrifying though. I have a ways to go before I get cool things I'm afraid.

You haven't experienced a Tank spawn killing the shit out of you. I have grown to fear the sound of treads rolling down the street!

20 more minutes in this bad sport hellhole.
I've seen some shit

Top Bottom