• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Poetaster

Banned
The TV is all that matters. Call a mercenary group on a random player and watch the fallout. Unfortunately I don't think you can call airstrikes while in your apartment. That would have been great fun.
Can you do that as a visitor? The TV was the only thing I didn't check out, I assumed it wouldn't work because the radio said something about paying utilities.
I'm trying to save up for one of the nicer apartments so I need about $200,000 before I can get one of my own.

Grimsen

Had a blast tonight. I was the driver for free roam store robberies, once we hit 3 stars I was planning my escape route to the nearest tunnel while my partner did the robberies. We did like 5 with my car, and I decided to stop after evading a 5-star chase because my Elegy wouldn't turn anymore.

So good.

Then I played some matches with a few EGAF crewmembers, made it to level 17 and called it a night.

I think the multiplayer finally clicked with me.

Gaz_RB

Naw they kno better then to fuck around with player accounts after this whole debacle. But mission wise they will probably nerf a nice amount of them.

Oh yeah, or at least rethink how they let you replay missions. Maybe put a timer on them or something. Or diminishing returns until you stop for a while.

So I spent like 2 hours today inviting random players into my apartment ,trapping them against the wall with my friend while our characters, dressed like Jesse and Walt from Breaking Bad, were doing the jerking taunt forever..

Most laughs I've had online so far.
0_0.jpg

Picture of the jerking duo.
I'm the one on the right.

Qwell

Finally got into a "mixed with the coke" mission, even when the other guys didn't know what to do, i could take out 3 trucks and they would finish the last one in like 45 seconds, easy $18k and 3k rep. About to hit rank 45 myself so I can get the mission myself.

Can you do that as a visitor? The TV was the only thing I didn't check out, I assumed it wouldn't work because the radio said something about paying utilities.
I'm trying to save up for one of the nicer apartments so I need about $200,000 before I can get one of my own.

Good question. I think I remember someone saying you can, but I've never personally tried it.

Finally got into a "mixed with the coke" mission, even when the other guys didn't know what to do, i could take out 3 trucks and they would finish the last one in like 45 seconds, easy $18k and 3k rep. About to hit rank 45 myself so I can get the mission myself.

Yeah, it makes Violent Duct a joke.

BraXzy

My $25K Rooftop Rumble lobby failed after only a couple hours last night because I nipped downstairs and two others were AFK farming off me and the others guys backs. Ahh well. I hit my first million :D

Bought the second most expensive apt. 40, bought a BMX, the fast bicycle, the huge truck, ordered in my Elegy and bought a motorbike. Not sure what to get next, I could get an Adder but then I'd sort of max out my car potential too soon. I'm thinking Audi R8 for casual driving and maybe the XF for speedy racing.

Who needs cash packs! :D

Bollocks

So when I hit L3+R3 while in the car my character looses health.
What's that about? Looks like he's doing coke.

Also if you hit L3+R3 as a passenger you smoke up a blunt lol

Question:

If I'm playing "with" my crew, how do we transition to a lobby/matchmaking system that keeps us playing together as a team.

It kept splitting us up.

Also, if we're in a private free roam session and we go do a co-op job/mission together, once that mission is over it puts us at a mission select screen and if we opt out, it doesn't send us back to the free roam session we were in together. It kicks us out.

Has that been fixed, or were we just doing it wrong?

It looks like one of the 1.3 changes is a load screen tip to prevent character loss by not retrying, but backing out and restarting. I've seen it at both load screens I've encountered so far.

First time I've seen it.

Koko

Banned
It looks like one of the 1.3 changes is a load screen tip to prevent character loss by not retrying, but backing out and restarting. I've seen it at both load screens I've encountered so far.

First time I've seen it.
It was there earlier I recognize.

JerC

The no restart is a load of crap. Let me play whatever mission I want. Ringing someone until I get a mission I want is also a terrible idea. Once I get all the trophies I'm done.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Oh shit, you might have found a shortcut for the "Action" command in the quick menu!

Afaik you bring up the menu by holding Select, then scroll down and choose the action/gesture you wanna do. Some involve eating a snack (raise health) or smoking a cig (lower health) from your inventory. Maybe that's what your guy was doing?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Your dude seems to have his taunt set to smoking... Unless one of the taunts is now honking Bolivia off the dashboard.

Darko

Question:

If I'm playing "with" my crew, how do we transition to a lobby/matchmaking system that keeps us playing together as a team.

It kept splitting us up.

Also, if we're in a private free roam session and we go do a co-op job/mission together, once that mission is over it puts us at a mission select screen and if we opt out, it doesn't send us back to the free roam session we were in together. It kicks us out.

Only one person has to go into the mission and invite everyone else...

If you want to leave together choose freeroam at the mission selection screen at the end

wanders

Question:

It kept splitting us up.

I think joining crew lobbies fixes that

Future

Never select free roam after a mission with randoms. You will all spawn together, then be forced to kill each other when one person can't help himself and pulls the trigger. Felt like the end or reservoir dogs.

Bollocks

Some involve eating a snack (raise health) or smoking a cig (lower health) from your inventory. Maybe that's what your guy was doing?

I have the taunt animation set to jerk off but when I'm in the car my character just moves his hand to his nose and I loose a little bit of health.

e: so pressing SELECT while in the car brings up different taunts?

Zep

Banned
Gonna log in tomorrow and see if my apartment and/or money(150,000) is back. If not, I think I'll be done with GTA Online.

I have the taunt animation set to jerk off but when I'm in the car my character just moves his hand to his nose and I loose a little bit of health.

e: so pressing SELECT while in the car brings up different taunts?
You can set a walking taunt and an in car one. If you hold R3 and L3 for done, they hold pose. I like using the salute to let it be known that I'm a friendly. A slight homage to my Metal Gear Sold Online days.

Robot Pants

Does 1.03 fix the cellphone glitch?

Edit: yes it was!!!! Thank god. Love you, rockstar! Can't wait to get back to the game now.

Updated 10/7/13: This issue was resolved through a Title Update. To make sure you have the latest update, boot the game while connected to Xbox Live or PlayStation Network. If you do not have the latest update, a download prompt will appear as soon as the game starts. To browse the full list of changes from all past GTAV Title Updates, please go to:
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...unresponsive-when-selecting-Internet-in-GTA-V

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
So I am level 14 and I still don't have the option to buy an apartment...what am I missing?

If you use the ingame internet and visit the apartment website (can be found on the money and services tab) and try and buy the apartment/garage you want, you should get a message if you can't buy it.

It said that I had to wait for a call from Simeon first.

Tevious

Fuck, seriously they're patching it now? This better return my character or that's some serious bullshit. I'm rank 14 on my new guy trying to get high enough to do Violent Duct again so I could make up for lost time.

[EDIT[ Motherfuckers, I lost a rank too cause they disconnected me for the patch...

KAP151

Had multiple griefers today. Blow up mission objectives etc.

Watch out for SKAT crew tag (with a name like that, no surprise I spose)

Well they got Violet Duct :p

I was still playing without the patch until I got dinner.

Ah well, I hope it gets more people doing playlists. I made a bucket off racing this hour.

I'm still playing pre-patch. Does anyone know if my progress will save or will it revert once I'm done farming? I'm still able to farm VD. Once I heard it was needed, I stayed on and have a decent amount of money. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom