• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

So... 4 days later my emblem finally showed up... and I forgot to make the background transparent!

lolk5pnn.png

facepalm

Lisker

I'm almost back to where I was with my old char. 90k left for the best apartment in game, and then I'm going to work on buying/modding my weapons (Been using only pistol and the free shotgun to save money).

I haven't really used the VD glitch either. I just kept up selling cars on 2 characters and doing missions/robberies.

The online part seems a lot more stable now too.

I'm just shocked at the amount of little kid thugs online. One of em was called "I_Lick_your_momma", I don't think even Lamar and Frankling used the nigga word as much as he did.

It's quite disturbing how these little kids act online. I even tried my best to explain to him that he will get a special cap and separated if he keeps acting like an ass. But I had better luck trying to explain it to a wall to be honest.

duckroll

So I haven't played the online for about 3 days now because after getting my apartment I'm afraid that playing the game any further might make me lose progress. And it looks like there hasn't been any news update for days now. What's up? Where is the content creator? Where are the Heists? Rockstarrrrrrrrrrrr!

So... 4 days later my emblem finally showed up... and I forgot to make the background transparent!

No, you didn't make any mistake I think. There doesn't seem to be transparency options when they import the logos are textures. It's pretty lame.

Ploid 3.0

Done for today, I used the minigun on the mission I was farming to quickly kill the target. That made the mission into a ditch cops, then race to destination mission. Fast and fun. 320k I realized I may need to start saving up for a 1mil purchase. I'll probably get the Bugatti Veyron (Adder).

No, you didn't make any mistake I think. There doesn't seem to be transparency options when they import the logos are textures. It's pretty lame.

There is, it just isn't any layer. It's on the recent colors menu on the left. The color on the bottom is the background one. Doesn't make alot of sense to be on the "recent colors" but wtv.

untitledsbs73.png

Had to google a bit to figure that one out.

Fuck, seriously they're patching it now? This better return my character or that's some serious bullshit. I'm rank 14 on my new guy trying to get high enough to do Violent Duct again so I could make up for lost time.

[EDIT[ Motherfuckers, I lost a rank too cause they disconnected me for the patch...
PS3 or 360?

DjRoomba

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks this sucks, even when it does work?
Its not a fun multiplayer game.
They should have made it like Battlefield 3: GTAV, which in my opinion is what the trailer implied

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I haven't played the online for about 3 days now because after getting my apartment I'm afraid that playing the game any further might make me lose progress. And it looks like there hasn't been any news update for days now. What's up? Where is the content creator? Where are the Heists? Rockstarrrrrrrrrrrr!

I haven't had any problems since Sunday, and R* have put popups warning of character loss and progress if you quit out of the game improperly, there is also a new patch out today. It is possible they might have fixed stuff, I had no issue doing anything yesterday with people.

duckroll

I haven't had any problems since Sunday, and R* have put popups warning of character loss and progress if you quit out of the game improperly, there is also a new patch out today. It is possible they might have fixed stuff, I had no issue doing anything yesterday with people.

Is the new patch already out or is it coming out later today? Do we know what's in it? I'm also concerned about content though. The problems of Online aren't just in the connection and data loss issues, but also that it basically feels rushed out without even basic content being completely implemented.

Ok, this is BS. I bought a GAF logo for the hood my whip, but when I crashed I lost the hood. I got it repaired and the logo is gone. Do I really have to buy it every time?

duckroll

I think it's pretty BS to charge 25k for painting a vehicle with the Crew color and another 25k for adding the crew emblem to a vehicle. Crews are social stuff which Rockstar is encouraging players to dabble with, and placing crew representation in the game behind a money wall is really dumb.

Theecliff

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks this sucks, even when it does work?
Its not a fun multiplayer game.
They should have made it like Battlefield 3: GTAV, which in my opinion is what the trailer implied
How did the trailer imply it was like Battlefield? What sort of GTAO trailer were you watching?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's pretty BS to charge 25k for painting a vehicle with the Crew color and another 25k for adding the crew emblem to a vehicle. Crews are social stuff which Rockstar is encouraging players to dabble with, and placing crew representation in the game behind a money wall is really dumb.

Call me cynical but it seems like most of the economy is designed around making microtransactions an attractive proposition. Charging you to join game types via the map is a pretty cheap move (pun intended).

Don't get me wrong, money is pretty easy to come by if you have the time, but there is a constant drain on it that can only be attributed to selling those GTA$. Do any other online games with money have that kind of passive draining of a player's funds?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Is the new patch already out or is it coming out later today? Do we know what's in it? I'm also concerned about content though. The problems of Online aren't just in the connection and data loss issues, but also that it basically feels rushed out without even basic content being completely implemented.

I got the 1.03 patch when I turned it on this morning, I don't think they have said what it does yet though, we know it totally disables replaying missions though. But yea, you aren't wrong there, there is a lot missing that really should be there, if anything there seems to be a lot of fun stuff unlocked at much higher levels that should really be lower.

The balance of GTAO just isn't very good, dare I say it, but CoD over the years generally knows how to keep you going with unlocks and modes, they pretty much open up everything you can do by level 10 and that only takes a short time to get to. Here in GTA it takes hours unless you grind to get to 10, and you will have a small handful of things to do. And that is ignoring weapons, I entered a deathmatch with a 40 something and the rest of us were around the 10 and lower mark at the time, he just mowed us down because at best we had pistols and shitty shotguns, but there he was taking everyone out across the map.

Ploid 3.0

I got the 1.03 patch when I turned it on this morning, I don't think they have said what it does yet though, we know it totally disables replaying missions though. But yea, you aren't wrong there, there is a lot missing that really should be there, if anything there seems to be a lot of fun stuff unlocked at much higher levels that should really be lower.

The balance of GTAO just isn't very good, dare I say it, but CoD over the years generally knows how to keep you going with unlocks and modes, they pretty much open up everything you can do by level 10 and that only takes a short time to get to. Here in GTA it takes hours unless you grind to get to 10, and you will have a small handful of things to do. And that is ignoring weapons, I entered a deathmatch with a 40 something and the rest of us were around the 10 and lower mark at the time, he just mowed us down because at best we had pistols and shitty shotguns, but there he was taking everyone out across the map.

bI51NMc.gif

I should have never logged out :( That mission I was doing was so good. Slow missions and progress coming up.

edgefusion

Does the new patch fix characters getting routinely deleted? I've stopped playing since my last one disappeared and don't plan to again until I can be sure all my progress isn't going to get chucked out the window.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
bI51NMc.gif

I should have never logged out :( That mission I was doing was so good. Slow missions and progress coming up.
Damn, so the days of Violent Duct being the fast lane to the first apartment are done? :(

Well Violent Duct was money wise nerfed already, but yea, the missions you get from people can no longer be repeated at all, the functionality seems to be completely disabled instead of just the button prompt being hidden. You can still replay normal stuff though, the days of 20 TopFuns in a row aren't over, and it seems you can just keep doing a race and such to slowly level yourself up, lol.

Does the new patch fix characters getting routinely deleted? I've stopped playing since my last one disappeared and don't plan to again until I can be sure all my progress isn't going to get chucked out the window.

No idea, there seemed to be a lot of ways they were disappearing, but Rockstar have put a big popup between loading about it saying not to quit the game unless you do it via the start menu option to quit which sends you to single player, and that they are trying to fix the issue. I've been doing that and haven't lost any progress since Sunday night and haven't had any freezes or time outs, or really any issues since then.

Tevious

Sit, I haven't gotten kicked yet. When I'm done farming, I'll return to GTAV instead Freeroam. I'll lose millions of out doesn't save this session. D:

I was disconnected and forced to update. I was level 14 at the time so Rockstar has really screwed me over releasing the patch right before I could get Violent Duct again and farm back to where I was. They had better restore my guy soon and give me some compensation money for lost time. (They wont...)

Ploid 3.0

Damn, so the days of Violent Duct being the fast lane to the first apartment are done? :(

Duct was nerfed earlier today. It gave $3k instead of 9. No Hay Bronca gave 5k. They finally nerfed redoing missions for good so earning money is slowed down for the new missions that were found to have good rewards. Next up Land Rover cars will sell for 3k instead of 9k I bet.

I was disconnected and forced to update. I was level 14 at the time so Rockstar has really screwed me over releasing the patch right before I could get Violent Duct again and farm back to where I was. They had better restore my guy soon and give me some compensation money for lost time. (They wont...)
Fuckfuckfuck. They haven't kicked me yet. Still playing pre-VD Nerf.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
random thought: I wish I could be a cop.

It think would make the free roam bit of the game a lot more interesting if there was something like that.

That one mission from Lester where you have to recover a briefcase from atop the construction building fucking blows. Says we should get a helicopter and there ain't no fucking helicopter at the airport. Have no idea what the pay is, but that shit ain't fucking worth it

Ploid 3.0

I think I would have liked it better if this game wasn't about exp, and unlocking weapons, buying cars, and buying an apartment to plan heists (10 car garage apartments). With rockstar making money earning slower as they fix bugs that may causes problems for players, I can only imagine how hard they will tweak money gain when they don't have to worry about server issues, bugs, and are able to sell cards again.

demisec

Yeah. Removing the repeat mission-option is a dick move and utter bullshit, especially when they don't have their own shit together yet.

Tevious

That one mission from Lester where you have to recover a briefcase from atop the construction building fucking blows. Says we should get a helicopter and there ain't no fucking helicopter at the airport. Have no idea what the pay is, but that shit ain't fucking worth it

The other one where you have to destroy the cop cars, van, bikes, ect is also complete bullshit. You get a 2k reward and not only do you have a timer for each one you're being chased by cops with 3 stars the whole time and they set up roadblocks along the highway to stop you. I even got to the last one and died, then respawned inside the prison! Mission should pay like 15k for all the trouble it's worth.

Yeah. Removing the repeat mission-option is a dick move and utter bullshit, especially when they don't have their own shit together yet.

I know! Just what the fuck are their priorities? Fixes for the bugs that people can earn money faster or fixing the bugs so people's characters don't get randomly deleted?

I hope they had time to fix the missing characters (been waiting about a week for mine to reppear) in this super important patch that prevents you from retrying missions.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I think a timer on repeating missions would have been better, it doesn't help that they are randomly given out by people. Once done, they should be in a proper mission list and not these fake missions they have on there, then let us do them once an hour and such like.

random thought: I wish I could be a cop.

It think would make the free roam bit of the game a lot more interesting if there was something like that.

I said the same thing to a friend when playing Violent Duct last night, what if we weren't just some criminal stealing these drugs for Gerald, but were instead an ex-cop or vigilante taking out these guys and returning the coke to a police station. Most of the missions could no doubt have the premise slightly changed for such a thing, they are only short cutscenes or a phone call at most, I can't imagine it would have been a huge amount of work.

pringles

I've tried it so many times.. you can sometimes find helicopters by the bay, or use jets from the military base. Never been able to actually finish the mission though.

KAP151

Ok, this is BS. I bought a GAF logo for the hood my whip, but when I crashed I lost the hood. I got it repaired and the logo is gone. Do I really have to buy it every time?

No. It seems to disappear at times, just like my crew tag. Its pretty glitchy. My logo comes and goes when it pleases, particularly in garages. Yet another thing R* has to fix.

Top Bottom