• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

NeoGiff

After an hour of playing random missions/races, I was driving back to my cheap $80,000 apartment to finish up my session. When I arrived, I saw a guy creeping around outside the garage. I revved my engine behind him, SMG at the ready in case he tried any funny business. As soon as he saw me, he started to run like hell away. I chuckled to myself and let him go - I'm no griefer. The game changed when I checked his tag and realized his clan was IGN. I promptly ran him down before he had even turned the corner. No remorse. No regrets.

it's funny really, the whole dissapearing character problem had to be at least a day two problem and yet R* first priority(after stabalizing the online a bit) was to nerf a few mission payouts and not solve this pretty major bug. Also, with microtransactions being available from the start, and with the occasional money dissappearing with the character, it just looks damn shady on R* end. I'm not saying they intenally made the glitch but this is some shady shit on their end.

Have I mentioned how annoyed I am about getting the uncovered version of the Voltic? It'd be one thing if there was an option and I missed it on the site but there isn't and for whatever reason Rockstar didn't include a roof option at LS Customs so I'm stuck with one of my favorite cars having no roof being a big ass sign above my character's head while in it saying "please snipe me". Ugh.

The other one where you have to destroy the cop cars, van, bikes, ect is also complete bullshit. You get a 2k reward and not only do you have a timer for each one you're being chased by cops with 3 stars the whole time and they set up roadblocks along the highway to stop you. I even got to the last one and died, then respawned inside the prison! Mission should pay like 15k for all the trouble it's worth.

I also was respawned inside the prison for that damn mission. I retried it after that happened but I'm never doing it again.

After an hour of playing random missions/races, I was driving back to my cheap $80,000 apartment to finish up my session. When I arrived, I saw a guy creeping around outside the garage. I revved my engine behind him, SMG at the ready in case he tried any funny business. As soon as he saw me, he started to run like hell away. I chuckled to myself and let him go - I'm no griefer. The game changed when I checked his tag and realized his clan was IGN. I promptly ran him down before he had even turned the corner. No remorse. No regrets.

This pleases me. Death to IGN!

In GTA Online that is...

hehe, that's funny, I saw someone with an ign tag last night. kicked his/her butt in racing and parachuting. good game to whoever that was.

Lima

Also, with microtransactions being available from the start

Are you playing on some magic platform that no else has access to?

Sure they are in the store but they have been down for maintenance since the start on both PS3 and 360.

Last time I checked they are still down and they will only enable them once they have fixed the issue with money disappearing because they and both Sony/Microsoft will get a lot of shit if GTA$ disappear.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
hehe, that's funny, I saw someone with an ign tag last night. kicked his/her butt in racing and parachuting. good game to whoever that was.

THat IGN tag means little to nothing. THere are a whole bunch of crews that have over 20,000+ members that anyone can join

So it may not even be someone from IGN

Can anyone help me with this:

What is the name of the apartment with that view?

bjj9CHy.png

Are you playing on some magic platform that no else has access to?

Sure they are in the store but they have been down for maintenance since the start on both PS3 and 360.

Last time I checked they are still down and they will only enable them once they have fixed the issue with money disappearing because they and both Sony/Microsoft will get a lot of shit if GTA$ disappear.

Nope, the cash cards have been available at the start of GTAO. I know because I purchased 200.000 GTA$.

Alienous

+1

I'd love to punish those griefers

There's a lot of supposed information (taken from the disc) regarding that. On the discs are the gametypes 'Missions', 'Deathmatches', 'Races' and 'CnC'.

CnC has a lot of entries about Cop players, arrests, arresting NPCs. It appears to be a seperate free mode lobby type. Police level up and get more outfits, players do what they do. Apparently.

There's a lot more I can't be arsed to type on a phone.

http://mp1st.com/2013/09/21/report-gta-online-coding-hints-32-player-cap-game-modes/

The player count probably relates to a PC version of GTA Online.

Dave1988

Wait, the new patch removed the ability to replay story missions by spamming R2? Wow, R* really is pushing hard for people to start buying their shitty microtransaction bullshit once they finally re-enable it.

You're not supposed to die. Or kill people. Or blow up other people's cars.

You're just supposed to grind

With the new patch, you can't even do that.

You're supposed to spend real $ to get GTA$.

Yeah sorry I meant to write day one. They took them down rather quickly after the launch disaster.

They did indeed. I wonder how Rockstar's gonna deal with this. Their payment department must have a fun time right now. Worst case scenario (for me): They restore my first character with the purchased money (if it's in the database yet) and overwrite my current char. Best case: I get the money on my active character. I'm indifferent towards a real money refund, since I'm gonna spend it on cash cards asap.

Valient

That one mission from Lester where you have to recover a briefcase from atop the construction building fucking blows. Says we should get a helicopter and there ain't no fucking helicopter at the airport. Have no idea what the pay is, but that shit ain't fucking worth it

I know that mission is a pain in the ass, i called merryweather or whatever for a helicopter pick up 1k and kill the pilot, there is your helo.

Grinchy

Banned
You're not supposed to die. Or kill people. Or blow up other people's cars.

You're just supposed to grind

You should inform everyone else I come across about that, then. Because no room ever fills up and when there's 14 seconds left before a match starts, people leave.

Novak

I am almost done with SP so yesterday i tried Online. Aaaand i dont get it
16 people going around the map and not interacting at all. I went to an event spot, invitwd everyone from the session and noone joined. And it is like that every time. I joined some evens via quick jobs but then i went to completely different server. It' like standard MP lobby system. Whats the point of freeroam then? Robbing gas stations gets boring quickly. What else can i do to earn money in free roam?
For now i only figured out how to lose money when i die doing stupid experiments. I can do that for free in SP ;)

Btw i have voice settings on everyone and i am not in a party , but still i havent heard anyone speaking. That and much less traffic than in SP makes freeroam feel like ghost town :(

So... 4 days later my emblem finally showed up... and I forgot to make the background transparent!

lolk5pnn.png

facepalm

I don't know if it's possible to make the background transparent. The default background is white for some reason.

Edit: ahh, nevermind. I see you figured out that there is a trasnparent "color" I guess?

Lima

They did indeed. I wonder how Rockstar's gonna deal with this. Their payment department must have a fun time right now. Worst case scenario (for me): They restore my first character with the purchased money (if it's in the database yet) and overwrite my current char. Best case: I get the money on my active character. I'm indifferent towards a real money refund, since I'm gonna spend it on cash cards asap.

So your money that you bought disappeared?

BraXzy

Out of interest, how much were the various cash cards when they were available?

Lima

It did, together with the character the money was purchased on.

Did you call Sony or Microsoft to refund the purchase?

I mean I will buy the 1,25 million card once it is back up since I have no problem with it but even though I have the disposable income I would be mad if my virtual money disappeared.

Top Bottom